Ernesto Valverde - V1

LordLichtenstein

You guys sound like a bunch of entitled brats. You probably had certain expectations - that Barca would score x amount of goals - win with a certain margin, but because it didn't happen the way you thought it would, Valverde is to blame. Pathetic. Valverde did everything right in my opinion - from the line-up to the substitutions.

Go back and play Football Manager.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
That moment when he took Dembele off for Vidal to defend 1-0 against Valladolid tells the entire story abot Valverde. If you knew only that fact about him and nothing else it would be enough to conclude that he is not a manager for Barca.

You all do remember Barca lost at Valladolid last time they went there in 2014? RM drew too. They’re hardly an Almeria type.

Joan

Vidal is not a defender, he's a complete midfielder who can defend. Subbing him in doesn't mean parking the bus. Not wanting to defend Valverde, but I think most are unsatisfied with him taking the fans' favorite off. Basically, it meant playing with Coutinho-Suarez-Messi in attack which is by no means defensive. It looked more like a 4-4-2 though. Later on he subbed in Malcom.

Us having to defend more doesn't necessarily reflect Valverde's plan. I blame a lot of it on the pitch, but it wasn't a great match from our point of view.

Danic

You guys sound like a bunch of entitled brats. You probably had certain expectations - that Barca would score x amount of goals - win with a certain margin, but because it didn't happen the way you thought it would, Valverde is to blame. Pathetic. Valverde did everything right in my opinion - from the line-up to the substitutions.

Its not just these expectations. What i personally just dont see is a real concept in our build up game. Everything looks so clueless and random.
No real pressing, no real speed. A few long balls there, a bit of tikitaka here. But all this doesnt really come together and this is what valverde should be blamed for.

I dont see him taking any risks ever. Bring some fresh blood from time to time. Rotate a bit more. I wont say change 5 players every game. But for example our midfield. Rotate one player out regulary.
We have the bench now to do this and the other players need tha game rythm as well.
Thats the problem with Valverde. He subs in minute 70 and the players are absolutly out of any rythm.
Apart from that so many players(esspecially the new ones)seem to feel totally uncomfortable like they have no clue what do at their position. This is also something the coach is to blame for in my opinion...

ASordidGod

Vidal is not a defender, he's a complete midfielder who can defend. Subbing him in doesn't mean parking the bus. Not wanting to defend Valverde, but I think most are unsatisfied with him taking the fans' favorite off. Basically, it meant playing with Coutinho-Suarez-Messi in attack which is by no means defensive. It looked more like a 4-4-2 though. Later on he subbed in Malcom.

Us having to defend more doesn't necessarily reflect Valverde's plan. I blame a lot of it on the pitch, but it wasn't a great match from our point of view.

Nope, exact same negative tactics as last year. It's no coincidence we sit back after scoring. True Vidal isn't a def mid, but it was a def move, and Valverde is a def manager and as with last season with Roma his cowardice will prove costly. Hell, it almost did last night. Last season without VAR we'd have dropped points. Look, the pitch was a joke, but even so the football we play is just so turgid, so passive. It's not like it was a one off. This is what we are now, under Valverde. Wear teams down, get a goal, sometimes two, retreat. There's no excuse for it.

Mitchell1978

I wouldn't say everything right but the pitch was unbelievably poor so very difficult circumstances.
A win and no injuries is an acceptable outcome.

God Serena

Barca B had an easier time beating Valladolid away last season than Valverde. They're relegated and play in Segunda B now while we're supposed to be competing for the spot of best club in the world.

So entitled.

El Gato

Villarato!
Barca B had an easier time beating Valladolid away last season than Valverde. They're relegated and play in Segunda B now while we're supposed to be competing for the spot of best club in the world.

So entitled.

Oh diddums.

"No pressing, no this, no that"

Jesus :lol:

George_Costanza

God knows what this forum would've been like between 99 - 03

You all do remember Barca lost at Valladolid last time they went there in 2014? RM drew too. They’re hardly an Almeria type.

The cheerleader's team arrived late. Probably didn't watch the game. RMU reborn is still missing from the cheerleading team, waiting to make an entrance in 1...2...3...

Icarium

Lifestealer
People comparing to 99-03?! Like seriously? Barca is a powerhouse now. That is such a stupid comparison, we should be playing better than this. I can honestly say this is the worst football barca is playing in 10-15 years.

khaled_a_d

You just have to wonder how many of our guys are actually suited to play a 4-4-2?

Suarez,Messi,Rakitic and technically Denis as well since he played as a Wide LM at Villarreal back in 2015/16. But the rest it seems like you're wasting a number of players talents like Dembele,Coutinho etc in order to cater towards a couple of players like Suarez.

Guys like Dembele,Coutinho,Vidal,Malcom,Arthur etc are players that no one should knee cap in order for players like Suarez to thrive, Absolutely not. Coutinho,Dembele,Malcom,Arthur etc are all young and very talented players that need to be played in a good system that can make them thrive and not Suarez who is a 31 year old dude who looks physically fucked and is slower than a turtle.

Hmm, Coutinho was really good as LM last year too, 442 makes Alba plays his best. Probably Busquets too considering he is no more able to play as lone DM while providing any protection to defense.
I would say atm it is close call, 442 makes your best player more comfortable, along Raki,Alba and Probably Busquets, in different to our RB and Coutinho, 433 is more suited to Dembele and malcom along Arthur.

The thing is for now, we can't provide balance for current 433 unless we bench Suarez, and team is still betting on his ability to be 20 goal scorer this season.
If he is dropped, and team is able to find balance I would say 433 is way to go, but if not I still prefer 442 unfortunately

El Gato

Villarato!
People comparing to 99-03?! Like seriously? Barca is a powerhouse now. That is such a stupid comparison, we should be playing better than this. I can honestly say this is the worst football barca is playing in 10-15 years.

Don't think that's what he was getting at.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some of you folks only care about the La Liga and Copa trophies we get at the end of the season or the stats for your favorites players without necessarily caring about tomorrow.

Fair enough.

But I think the majority here also want the team to play good football and actually dominate the opponent for 90 minutes which teams of this stature should be able to do. I think most here also want Barca to show they're able to take their game against the elite in the CL and play a complete game of football where the result doesn't simply rely on the individual brilliance of a couple of our players and a lot of luck + help from the post or Mr. Own Goal.

Under Valverde that's rarely been the case.

Lucho's last season was bad, but we did play entertaining football dominating the opposition in the two first seasons under him. He also held certain players accountable and benched them when they didn't play well enough, like Pique, Rakitic and Alba. He obviously had his flaws too. Not great tactically, had an obsession with certain players which also resulted in some poor signings. But we played well and looked like a team that could take on anyone.

Under Valverde I just don't see it. And I'm not seeing it despite spending a lot of money. I also don't see any talent development under him which could make up for some of the other issues.

So stop calling people for entitled all the fucking time. If you can't see why some people have their reservations with Valverde then you you're better off staying shut or simply asking why they're so vocal with their criticism.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans