Ernesto Valverde - V1

LeeRomeno

Well isn't that the point? Our roster was overplayed every season basically. Last year we ran out of gas vs Juventus, year earlier vs Atletico. We always play our top players too much.

Yea and what this tells me is that the fact our top players start in most of game is like a standard not for the manager but for the players. They expect to play. Did you see Piques body language in the game he got injured and Valverde wanted to sub him out, but he said no and when he finally did, he got angry at him. Ever seen Messi sulk on bench or even worse, getting subbed out, or Suarez. These are the players or star-players who expect and WANT to play every game. Unless they suddenly get hit by revelation that they are indeed 30+ and need to be more careful, no manager will suddenly start benching our stars, especially a new manager with massive pressure to perform. You think Valverde has people forcing players taking injections to play? I have massive doubts on that.

LeeRomeno

Its not just this post but I see EV apologists slowly coming back. I guess it was just a one time thing after the roma loss that people ironically thought straight when angry when they said EV is a fraud.

This post sums up all the perfect bullshit one can expect an EV apologist to make which I have been reading all season.

"You are just spoilt. Ev has beeen playing us fine. Just because we aren't as good as peps barca doesn't mean we are not good" Tick

Rofl, I have never ever claimed Valverde or in fact any player or manager is a fraud. That statement is just ridiculous. Roma game was a shock, was more sad than angry, but it just not my style to determine the quality of the team or manager based on 1 game lol. Your last statement is pretty correct, except for Peps Barca was just as boring as Valverdes, people just tend to forget the games we had 85% possession and 1 shot on target as Pep was very successful manager and we had not had such success ever as a team.

"We are winning so everything is fine" Tick
Winning La Liga and CdR would be good season for me indeed. Everything is fine is false statement of course, we have serious issues in important games away at home in Europe.

"You are just a hater and you secretely want us to lose"
Hater? Where does that come from lol? And no, you dont want use to lose secretly, you have stated that several times in the open.

Also lee remeno i am not a minority most barca fans want him sacked. Most acknowledge he has been playing us like shit all season. Get a reality check
Yes you are, at least on this forum. I made a poll where people could say if winning is important or style. Over 80% said winning. That makes you a minority. As for rest, him getting sacked really depends on lot on the moment when you ask it. After Roma game? Most probably lol. If we win La Liga and CdR though and if actually the invincible thing pulls out, I seriously doubt majority would want him sacked.
No we have not been playing like shit all season. We have played like shit in a few games.

No roma thing wasn't different at all. The only thing roma thing was different in was the played way shitty than we had been playing all season which was shit to begin with but none of us expected to be that shit. But no way were we playing fine and suddenly turned shit against roma. There was no 'contrast'. I am sorry but you specifically of all EV apologists needs to preach what I say in my sig. Get it hardwired in your brain. We were shit all season, just winning and I am 200% sure if we deservedly lost those matches you would have been saying we were shit.

Nice going contradicting yourself with 2 sentences. "wasnt different at all" followed by "was different". But knowing how much you lack in argumentation, its not really surprise. Only game even slightly comparable with Roma game was Sevilla away and even there conditions and backround was completely different. What happened in Roma was total mental and physical meltdown of proportions noone expected, neither those who are okey with our season and those who are not.

BarcaOG

Banned
Rofl, I have never ever claimed Valverde or in fact any player or manager is a fraud. That statement is just ridiculous. Roma game was a shock, was more sad than angry, but it just not my style to determine the quality of the team or manager based on 1 game lol. Your last statement is pretty correct, except for Peps Barca was just as boring as Valverdes, people just tend to forget the games we had 85% possession and 1 shot on target as Pep was very successful manager and we had not had such success ever as a team.

Winning La Liga and CdR would be good season for me indeed. Everything is fine is false statement of course, we have serious issues in important games away at home in Europe.

Hater? Where does that come from lol? And no, you dont want use to lose secretly, you have stated that several times in the open.

Yes you are, at least on this forum. I made a poll where people could say if winning is important or style. Over 80% said winning. That makes you a minority. As for rest, him getting sacked really depends on lot on the moment when you ask it. After Roma game? Most probably lol. If we win La Liga and CdR though and if actually the invincible thing pulls out, I seriously doubt majority would want him sacked.
No we have not been playing like shit all season. We have played like shit in a few games.

Nice going contradicting yourself with 2 sentences. "wasnt different at all" followed by "was different". But knowing how much you lack in argumentation, its not really surprise. Only game even slightly comparable with Roma game was Sevilla away and even there conditions and backround was completely different. What happened in Roma was total mental and physical meltdown of proportions noone expected, neither those who are okey with our season and those who are not.

We are not the minority. You are out-of-your-mind deluded if you think EV is the coach this club needs/he has met expectations. Look at Twitter, FB and Instagram. Most Barca fans are sick of him and we are dreading an even worse collapse next season when he runs our ageing team to the ground again.

We have not played so shitty and cowardly a brand of football since the 2000s. Get a grip. Go support Stoke or Chelsea if you think this is even remotely true to the FCB style we all love.

LeeRomeno

We are not the minority. You are out-of-your-mind deluded if you think EV is the coach this club needs/he has met expectations. Look at Twitter, FB and Instagram. Most Barca fans are sick of him and we are dreading an even worse collapse next season when he runs our ageing team to the ground again.

We have not played so shitty and cowardly a brand of football since the 2000s. Get a grip. Go support Stoke or Chelsea if you think this is even remotely true to the FCB style we all love.

Rofl, minority in what exactly, there are several statements... But you are 100% minority if you think that trophies dont matter. I can bet anything on that. Success will always be appreciated in the eyes of majority, especially after poor seasons.
Shitty and cowardly? Are you now talking about our season or Roma game, as Roma game i totally agree, our season, definitely not.
As for something being not FCB style or being boring, i got to agree with mr Umtiti here:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/30/barcelona-star-claims-pep-guardiolas-playing-style-was-boring-6292646/

utility73

There might be one argument for EV staying ... the news that Arsene Wenger is finally leaving Arsenal :lol:

Last edited:

Devils

Doubt even Wenger would have blown a 4-1 lead in Rome.

EV may win the double next week, but it couldn't feel more tainted.

xXKonan

I was high on Oscar Garcia but going by his rather ill fated management career at Saint-Étienne, Olympiacos I have become skeptical of him.

George_Costanza

I was high on Oscar Garcia but going by his rather ill fated management career at Saint-Étienne, Olympiacos I have become skeptical of him.

Although he quit Saint-Etienne after a loss to Lyon, he did well with them and left them 3 spots higher than where they finished a season before. As for Olympiacos, the issue was between the club president and the players. Oscar resigned after verbal attack by the President on the players.

Those things happen, but overall he had good managerial career.

BarcaOG

Banned
Rofl, minority in what exactly, there are several statements... But you are 100% minority if you think that trophies dont matter. I can bet anything on that. Success will always be appreciated in the eyes of majority, especially after poor seasons.
Shitty and cowardly? Are you now talking about our season or Roma game, as Roma game i totally agree, our season, definitely not.
As for something being not FCB style or being boring, i got to agree with mr Umtiti here:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/30/barcelona-star-claims-pep-guardiolas-playing-style-was-boring-6292646/

When did I say trophies don't matter? How delusional are you?

Now you're saying Pep's football here at FCB was boring? Talk about being in the minority :lol: :lol:

Yes, we've played shitty, cowardly football this season. If it wasn't for Messi and Real dropping the ball in the league early on we'd not be winning any of these 'trophies' you are drooling over. Get a grip mate, go cheer Chelsea if you're interested in shitty defensive football.

Home of Barca Fans