Ernesto Valverde - V1

Horatio

You're welcome
Sounds like a reasonable expectation, with 11 point ahead to be concerned about key players showing signs of tiredness and taking measures to prevent that going into CL QF. La Liga is done. Let's make sure players are properly rested before CL games.

I meant an I told you so when he doesn't do it or at least not enough according to some.

serghei

I meant an I told you so when he doesn't do it or at least not enough according to some.

Let's hope he gets his head straight after all and does it. Would be fecking black comedy for Iniesta to play for the NT then play Sevilla, and 3-4 days after play Roma. :lol:

We are in an incredible position right now. The league is pretty much done and dusted now and the Copa Final should also be before the start of the CL semis (assuming we beat Roma).

It's time to move all our eggs into the CL basket. He needs find a way to keep the team fresh and fit for the CL semis (again, this is assuming we beat Roma).

We haven't seen it much from him this season, but for all his "pragmatism" it's time for him to make some pragmatic rotations that will lead us into the business end of the Champions League firing on all cylinders.

I would still consider us underdogs against City or Bayern, but we still have a very good shot.

Yes, I'm not the biggest Valverde fan before anybody tries to say I'm flip flopping, but we're in a position right now where the treble is actually attainable (relatively easy CL QF draw, 11 point league lead, Copa final), so I hope to see EV get the team in top shape for the last month or two of the season. We have another gear to us we haven't seen so far and we're going to need it to win the CL.

I didn't think we would get this far, but the treble dream is officially on now and with the right managerial decisions we can win it.

JamDav1982

He has rotated quite a bit throughout the season so far and I think players in general look much fresher than have in March/April in the past.

That could yet change just have to wait and see.

FC B

Sounds like a reasonable expectation, with 11 point ahead to be concerned about key players showing signs of tiredness and taking measures to prevent that going into CL QF. La Liga is done. Let's make sure players are properly rested before CL games.

He won't rest enough core players before the CL semis if we get past Roma, he is Ernesto Valverde afterall.

FC B

Sevilla will rest many of their starters. We should rest 3 + Iniesta+Busi

We could even afford to rest more given our confortable lead, imo but that is surely not what EV thinks and we'll see that pretty soon.

Home of Barca Fans