Ernesto Valverde - V1

M

MessiCam

our philosophy? have you ever watched us play pre ronaldinho? before cruyff?
when you say our philosophy do you mean how guardiola and cruyff as managers organized the team?
because that is not our WHOLE history just part of it

nor are we playing park the buss tactics lol idk how you can even compare a team that puts 10 outfield players in their own half 70% of the game to our setup when our CBs are pushing the halfway line...

It was very much the case in the second half trying to defend a 1 - 0 lead. We had a back line of 6 and a second line of 3 playing on the counter. It was ugly to watch.

And yes, I've been a supporter since Cruyff. We've never played this gutless football. Not under van Gaal, Robson, Ferrer, Antic and Rexach. This pragmatic approach is far removed from our ideals and is a new low.

That Barcelona fans are in favour of this tripe confuses me even more than the managers tactics to be honest.

vlad

It was very much the case in the second half trying to defend a 1 - 0 lead. We had a back line of 6 and a second line of 3 playing on the counter. It was ugly to watch.

And yes, I've been a supporter since Cruyff. We've never played this gutless football. Not under van Gaal, Robson, Ferrer, Antic and Rexach. This pragmatic approach is far removed from our ideals and is a new low.

That Barcelona fans are in favour of this tripe confuses me even more than the managers tactics to be honest.

seeing madrid winning 3 CL in 4 seasons, i remember with ancellotti when they played vs bayern first match on bernabeu, they played just on counter attack, 11 players behind the ball, they dont have problem with that, we can argue barca is not madrid and its about beauty, sure, but as a barca fan im having enough of humiliation in CL campaign, barca has to be on top form to win that competition, like in first season under lucho, if they are not in top form, they go out easly against atletico, they lose against psg 4:0, they are embarresed vs juventus, same juventus that lost 4:1 vs real in final. Dont get me wrong, i like watch beautiful footbal, but i dont want barca looks like arsenal in CL, which is the case now, its time to try something new, and valverde is doing that, lets give him a chance a see if barca can go far in CL without playing most beautiful football

edit: barca won 3 CL, 2 with best squad ever and 1 CL in 3 seasons with best attack ever, ronaldo with madrid won 3 CL in 4 years, that is just unacceptable.

LeeRomeno

Bunch of whining bs

Ladies and gents, your daily dose of whine has arrived with completely messed up arguments, false assumptions and totally random statements that have nothing to do with coach. Lets take a look:

People keep saying we dont have quality, ever since Dembele was injured.
What people, who are you talking about?

Dembele isn't injured now, but somehow he decides he isnt gonna improve especially after his injury.
He did? Did he tell you that or anyone? What are you basing your random statement on?

We bought Coutinho, Dembele and Mina and still "we dont have quality". Even if without our recent signings, our squad is still well better than the likes of Palmas, and it's unrealisitc to say we would struggle.
We do? Wtf are you rambling about? We should definitely beat Las Palmas 9 games out of 10 with or without those signings. Then again, every now and then that 1 out of 10 game arrives, cannot expect to go through season without a bad game or result.

Playing and risking an injured Pique, overplaying Roberto, knowing Iniesta is very injury prone and his minutes not spread out properly, rested only one game after Chelsea, shouldnt play too much at the Canary Islands, and then had to face Atletico.
Pique was given green light by medical team and was fit to play. If you ever (i seriously doubt you have) have had a managerial position anywhere, you should know you need to trust your team and the experts that you have and make your call based on that.
Overplaying Roberto? If you look at the season he is the player with 9th most minutes on squad. WTf are you talking about, he is not being overplayed, if anything he is the only player in starting 11 who has got plenty of rest over course of season
Overplaying Iniesta? This has been covered so many times over and over. He has had as much rest as he needs, not to mention the injury he got has nothing to do with someone being tired, other things cause hamstring injuries. Iniesta has been pretty injury prone player ever since he started in Barcelona, in last 5 years he has had various muscular injuries and they all come at random game moments, just like against Atletico. There is 0 proof he could not have gotten that injury if he didnt play against Las Palmas, so why keep repeating total nonsense.

And people are still saying Dembele is rested so much because probably he is injury prone or "not good enough".
Wtf, who says he is rested because he is injury prone. What random people are you talking about. It makes sense you do not put players straight in for 90 minutes without match fitness after long injuries. I could totally agree for example that how he reinserted Umtiti into lineup was risky. Dembele has been getting more minutes when he has returned.
Oh and he has not been good enough, that is clear, dude plays like on ice.

If Dembele isn't good enough, how come Paulinho and the rest are somehow good enough? From what I know Paulinho has put up some of the worst performances over the past month.Yet players like Denis, Deulofeu, Semedo and Mina are dropped faster than you can imagine after a single bad performance. If you want to argue, Denis and Semedo were pretty good at the start, so why they arent given "faith or patience" like they did with Suarez. Again, inconsistencies that doesnt add up.
The rest as in who? Paulinho had excellent first half of season, destroying the theories of all the haters. He has been absolutely awful in last 3-4 games sure, noone is denying it, what is the reason, I do not know, could be that injury issue or fatique or other things. Based on how he treated Suarez and somewhat Raki earlier in the season, I assume Paulinho is getting gametime for similar reason. This is how Valverde helps players to get over their bad form. If Paulinho would have sucked from beginning, I am sure he would have gotten the Denis/Deulo treatment. Semedo was never dropped, he has had chances over the course of season, Mina was just bought and as 4CB option, Valverde has said it several times he usually takes 3CBs to game and as we are in crucial stage of season, I can see why he does not want to experiment a totally new CB in totally new continent in games were every mistake could turn out to be crucial, Vidal only has gotten gametime due to Dembele being injured and obviously not ready to play properly.
So everything makes sense if you would only use a thing called brain and analyze things deeper than a level of "my favorite player is benched, coach is idiot".

Yet Dembele only played odd 7 games and when other fans think he can improve more, they are thought as being unreasonable and delusional. And immediately draw the conclusion he is no fit for Barca.
Really, there are like maybe 2 trolls on this forum who say that, rest of the fans expect him to come good as they see talent in them. Why take something that a total minority of fans talk about and present it here, what does it even have to do with Valverde?

The manager gets cover-up for every bad decision he makes, even very well knowing these justifications ironically contradict with some of his actions. It doesnt make heads or tails and it is terribly bizarre. There's simply zero consistency to the theories or criteria he has, and it's always "maybe the manager thinks this, maybe the players this or that", let's be honest, all these bullshit have been proven to be wrong with every decision he makes the coming week. And now fans resort to using "next season, next season we will integrate, next season we will play better football".

Wtf are you talking about here? It almost feels like you take any random opinion or troll post, emphasize it to million and this is what comes up. There is a big reason why teams do not enjoy winter transfer window, main reason is that purchases there need to be fit into new squad that has worked together already preseason and first half of season. This is why many winter transfers fail to adapt to new team, at least in first half of season. It is difficult for both new players as well as older players. Our season is perfect example of this. We started having much worse games after we started "integrating" the winter transfers. It takes time and it is totally reasonable to expect the team to work much better next season considering the circumstances.

I'm not saying the coach have to win the treble, but at least keep our players well prepared for competitions and to use them more wisely across the competitons. We made signings? Use them. We have last season players? Use them as well. Use them more in league games when we have the league cushion, since he prioritises Copa as well. Many times we wasted our key players in league games we end up drawing or simply just putting a lazy lethargic performance. We have energy in 22-24 a player squad and it would be shooting urself in the foot not to make use of them against opponents sitting deep in relegation.
This is funny, considering how just before the Atletico game everyone was crying about how we have lost our "cushion" and we mainly did that because we took that gap and indeed played with 70% in those games. Valverde obviously likes small team and instead of subbing (like Lucho), he prefers to play the key players, but just orders them to take foot off gas. So far it has been working. We are in march and it is way too early to make conclusions of his strategy being wrong or good.

If we create our own fear then it will only get bigger when opponents know we're timid. Against Atletico, we were dominant in every way possible and Atletico was timid. If we can put this type of performances, I dont see why we are always having that mental obstacle "every opponent will beat us 5-0 if we don't park the bus, and we will be prone to counters against every one of them."
What is this about? If anything, Valverde has shown to be far more versatile manager and capable of surprising the opponents if needed. He is yet to fail in a big game and we are well in all competitions. VS Atletico we obviously played with defensive mindset, but players put in 100% effort and we clearly won and created several chances.

People will defend the manager his bizarre decisions just beacuse he is "undefeated". The effects negliegence of young players and talents will only show up more and more as the seasons go on, but people will keep giving him a cushion to fall on when things doesnt go well. Even if we manage to get Arthur, Griezmann, if he fails to make any use out of them, players will be blamed for "not being good enough" and that we have to keep spending every inch perfect signing formula for the manager to succeed. Think about it, if so many talents seem to "fail" than maybe it's time to look closer. We already made significantly better signings than last season. From what I see, manager will be defended in many years to come as long as he wins the league. But in terms of his short vision and planning, we might have a trouble when Madrid starts to freshen up. And more and new excuses will evolve and come along the way.
There is nothing bizarre about this choices if you actually think about them. Neglience of what young players and talents exactly? The flops from last season? Or Dembele, who has been injured for most of season? Who? You keep talking like he has been in charge of the club for years, wtf is up with that.

All you do in this forum is whine, whine and more whine.

vlad

Barca have one of the best medical squad among top teams, if some of you fans knew pique or iniesta shouldnt get green line or play so much, then please apply for that job, otherwise you are complaining just because you dont know nothing else

MagIX

seeing madrid winning 3 CL in 4 seasons, i remember with ancellotti when they played vs bayern first match on bernabeu, they played just on counter attack, 11 players behind the ball, they dont have problem with that, we can argue barca is not madrid and its about beauty, sure, but as a barca fan im having enough of humiliation in CL campaign, barca has to be on top form to win that competition, like in first season under lucho, if they are not in top form, they go out easly against atletico, they lose against psg 4:0, they are embarresed vs juventus, same juventus that lost 4:1 vs real in final. Dont get me wrong, i like watch beautiful footbal, but i dont want barca looks like arsenal in CL, which is the case now, its time to try something new, and valverde is doing that, lets give him a chance a see if barca can go far in CL without playing most beautiful football

edit: barca won 3 CL, 2 with best squad ever and 1 CL in 3 seasons with best attack ever, ronaldo with madrid won 3 CL in 4 years, that is just unacceptable.

I agree.
Unfortunately, there are also moments where we must suffer and this is one of these moments. We come from a failed season, winning only the cdr, we have been trashed and humiliated in CL, we have lost Neymar.......
We were unfortunate with the injury of Dembele, we bought Coutinho only in January....
For me it's a moment of transaction, reconstruction, we must have patience....... and patience even if at the moment we do not play a spectacular football

BUT ALWAYS VISCA BARCA !!!!!!!!!

gasgas

Barca to play counterattack with snail-fast Gomes, paulinho, Suarez, Rakitic?

M

MessiCam

Lets see how far we get with the negative approach and what happens around here in terms of sentiment if we get knocked out early. The teams only get tougher from here on in.

I agree.
Unfortunately, there are also moments where we must suffer and this is one of these moments. We come from a failed season, winning only the cdr, we have been trashed and humiliated in CL, we have lost Neymar.......
We were unfortunate with the injury of Dembele, we bought Coutinho only in January....
For me it's a moment of transaction, reconstruction, we must have patience....... and patience even if at the moment we do not play a spectacular football

BUT ALWAYS VISCA BARCA !!!!!!!!!

Lol. Even the fans are starting to sound like Valverde.

Suarez, rakitic and coutinho from next season, yes, i see potential

Suárez and Rakitic on counters? Good luck sir...

jamrock

My issue with him isn't that he plays shit on a stick football. Because I wouldn't go so far as to say that, is football is just totally devoid of ambition & no matter how some say did you see Barca before pep & all that.

Firstly yes i did and throughout the history of Barca we have tried at the very least to play attacking football from day 1 with very few exceptions.

But that's not my biggest issue with him, no I can take knowing that I can just check the result instead of watching my beloved Barcelona and know odds are I didn't miss much.

My issue with him is his god damn insistance of playing players like freaking paulinho & Gomes, and come out and say shit like they offer strength and width and now isn't the time to experiment.

If playing 2 players who cost in excess of 300m is an experiment, while playing a china man and Gomes who is so average it hurts my soul to the gore to see him on the pitch every time he plays.

If playing these players are an experiment. Then you sir should go F yourself

Have a bit of damn ambition, it's the least you can do for being paid millions & having all these resources at your finger tips.

No one should every say Gomes is a better option on the wing than dembele that as never & will never be the case, ever.

Joan

Rakitić did well against Real on counters.
With fast transition, Semedo and Alba, Roberto in the middle... this team can counter...

George_Costanza

I won't compare him to Mourinho, EV is more like Sabella and we play similar to Argentina during the WC14. Sabella preferred workhorses midfield like Enzo Perez, Lucas Biglia, and Masch with Messi took a more deeper role.

Home of Barca Fans