Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

Lots of speculation and assumptions. Football is not that simple.

Jovic could be their Suarez or become their Malcom/Dembele. Mendy could be their Alba or become their Semedo and Hazard could be their Messi or become their Coutinho. Militao could become either their Lenglet if he pans out or their Mina if he falls flat on his face.

Those players could become massive hits or just as easily fail miserably. Zidane is a good coach, but he isn't capable of maintaining his intensity for the 38 rounds of a league season.

Madrid will be better, but I'm not convinced they are going to become this juggernaut overnight that will destroy us next season.

What vision does Valverde have for the team?

The state of this forum lmao full of self-loathing, negativity and fear mongering. All of a sudden Madrid are the be all and end all but I wonder how the same set of forum members would have reacted being on the receiving end of Classico mauling after Classico mauling, if they supported Madrid?

The hypocrisy of self-loathing, negativity and fear mongering and then berating your team for being fearful, negative bottlers with no confidence. I've said it many times, a football team is in the image of it's fans. So many of these types have latched on to Barca's fanbase that it doesn't surprise me it has filtered down to the team.

MTL_Barca

The state of this forum lmao full of self-loathing, negativity and fear mongering. All of a sudden Madrid are the be all and end all but I wonder how the same set of forum members would have reacted being on the receiving end of Classico mauling after Classico mauling, if they supported Madrid?

The hypocrisy of self-loathing, negativity and fear mongering and then berating your team for being fearful, negative bottlers with no confidence. I've said it many times, a football team is in the image of it's fans. So many of these types have latched on to Barca's fanbase that it doesn't surprise me it has filtered down to the team.

So now the fans are responsible for Valverde being a coward and playing terrible football? :lol:

It's the other way around. In 2 years Valverde managed to get a lot of fans so depressed with his style of football and these CL exits that this negative attitude spread around.

Just for the record i don't think Madrid will dominate from the start and with Messi it's pretty much impossible to collapse like Madrid did this season but there also isn't much to look forward to with aging core and Valverde staying.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

94a.jpg

BBZ8800

Hazard is a world class player who will create many chances for them. These “talents” are the world class players of the future and fit into the system that Zidane plans to use. Hazard and Mendy’s combination on the left flank can be lethal. Jovic is there for the goals and will be on the end of crosses Zidane loves to use, and can now take the load off Benzema. They have a unified and coherent vision for success at that club. Barca collects buys players with no thought for how they will fit in.

You also underestimate the power of Zidane.

I am not too sure about Zidane yet.
Remember how Pep had Messi.
And how he can't come even close to winning CLs without Messi.

Zidane had CR7.
Forum will never rate CR7 due to Messi-Cr7 rivalry, but that guy is crazy. And lucky.
Lucky because he is brave and he is provoking luck all the time.

Now, let's see when will Zizou win his first trophy without CR7.
Regarding signings:
Mendy could be the next Semedo, which is not a compliment.
Semedo was hyped as the best new RB before we signed him.
Yet a guy will have 5 assists in total till the end of his career.
Hazard, played in EPL for years.
Let's see how will he fit in La Liga.
The last couple of expensive EPL signings didn't click well here, like:
Fabregas, Song, Hleb, Overmars, Petit, Beckham, Owen, Coutinho, Bale.
The only successive signings were CR7, Ruud, Henry, Gio.

So, stats say that there is a way higher chance that Hazard won't reach expectations.
And even if he will, it will surely take some time, like at least 1 season.

Jovic, a one season wonder for now.
Came from Serbia and played in Germany.
None of those have any similarities with La liga.
It will probably take a lot of Months until he will adjust to La liga.
About crosses, Cr7 is around 187-189cms tall and jumps and positions himself like crazy.
Benzema is 185cm tall.
Jovic is 181.
So, let's see how many crosses will a 181cm tall guy get and whether he can be improvement compared to Benzema in their crossing game.

On the other hand, we bought a leader of World champions France and a guy who played in La liga for 10 years.
De Jong and De Ligt are coming from Ajax, so they should need less time to adapt.
Since Ajax is training players in the same way as Barca.

On paper, imo, Frenkie and Griezz alone are better signings than RM's guys.

So:
1. Barca won 8 out of last 11 La ligas.
Real won 2.
2. We have Messi, they lost CR7.
3. EV has just won two La ligas in a row.
Zidane has just had the worst league season with RM in a long time.
4. Our current team is the same as in the last season and we don't need too much time for adapting.
RM has bought a new team.
Which can look attractive only on paper, for Football manager fans and people who are buying the hype about young players.
5. Plus, our style is better suited for winning La ligas than Zidane's CL's style.

Also, the last time when they won a title, a clutch CR7 scored like 10 goals in injury time.
He is gone.

One more time, Hazard, Jovic, Vinicius, Mendy, each of them always have roughly 66% chances to fail.
It is almost impossible that all of them will click and shine...

Last edited:

BBZ8800

What vision does Valverde have for the team?

Play exactly the same as in the last two seasons since we won 2 La ligas?

If you'll ask about a CL.
He is bad there.
But we played 1 CL final in the last 7 years with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves, Msn, so you have to wonder whether we just suck on a CL level.
But, we could be better than against Roma and Liverpool.

But also, in the last last 3 years, these players lost 4:0 to Psg, 3:0 to Juve, 3:0 to Roma, 4:0 to Liverpool.

Anyway, the plan is to win La liga.
How?
Playing the same like in the last 2 years, with an addition of 2-3 new signings.

George_Costanza

You showed us your true color there and your purpose coming to this forum. I'm assuming you are an old member with a new account.

serghei

Play exactly the same as in the last two seasons since we won 2 La ligas?

If you'll ask about a CL.
He is bad there.
But we played 1 CL final in the last 7 years with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves, Msn, so you have to wonder whether we just suck on a CL level.
But, we could be better than against Roma and Liverpool.

But also, in the last last 3 years, these players lost 4:0 to Psg, 3:0 to Juve, 3:0 to Roma, 4:0 to Liverpool.

Anyway, the plan is to win La liga.
How?
Playing the same like in the last 2 years, with an addition of 2-3 new signings.

But we had only average managers post Pep. So the main fault could very well be down to the managers we have had. Roura/Tito, Tata, Lucho, Valverde.

Not even one was in the conversation about the best managers in the game. Some didn't even manage a top team prior to Barcelona. All with almost no European experience whatsoever.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
We are moving one step away from it.
Griezmann won't pass every ball to Messi like others.

That's a start.

That what we all said when Barca bought Coutinho. Instead Valverde made him look like a 160m Denis Suarez and instead of dropping him or trying him on a new position he just kept playing him on the LW hoping by some miracle that the 250th time he puts him there , he will suddenly start to perform. Same shit will most likely happen with Griezmann.

Devils

That what we all said when Barca bought Coutinho. Instead Valverde made him look like a 160m Denis Suarez and instead of dropping him or trying him on a new position he just kept playing him on the LW hoping by some miracle that the 250th time he puts him there , he will suddenly start to perform. Same shit will most likely happen with Griezmann.

Stunning truth.

Unbelievable when you think of it.

Devils

If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that next season is going to be a complete and utter disaster.

It's like Real Madrid's of last year. You just know it's going to be atrocious.

Stunning. I can't wait for it just because to see how much of a disaster it will truly turn out to be.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde aside, it all boils down to one simple thing: Barca has too many players that don't run. Griezmann or Dr Ligt won't solve much while we are hands down slowest top team in the world.

xXKonan

Valverde aside, it all boils down to one simple thing: Barca has too many players that don't run. Griezmann or Dr Ligt won't solve much while we are hands down slowest top team in the world.
Which I find why his 4-4-2 so laughable.

He wants to play a defensive 4-4-2 yet he starts two players who are not only slow as fuck but also don't track back and don't have the work rate while he has a Midfield that contains Rakitic-Busi who don't have the legs they use to try and also help cover for both Messi and Suarez.

A 4-4-2 is a formation that requires hard work from top to bottom as we saw with Atletico. They not only had the players to pull it off but they also had some good technical players as well to help provide more to it than just workhorses alone.

You can't play a 4-4-2 with this team and expect miracles from it not from this squad as most of the players simply aren't made for it.

Home of Barca Fans