Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

[tw]894634058629619712[/tw]

#CruyffOut

"Was very intelligent? And showed me his interest in football?" WTF does this suppose to mean? It's like saying this guy is a smart lawyer and showed me an interest in law. :lol: Cruyff loved Valverde so much that he let him stay next to him on the bench for two seasons.

Both Cruyff and Pep are highly intelligent and diplomatic people. They handle those types of questions very smartly. They are not as blunt or plain-spoken as Mourinho for example, and not as stupid as Valverde to say "It is what it is" :lol:

serghei

Pep is a master bullshitter so that's nothing new. That's from the 'Lahm is the most intelligent player I've ever coached' book.

abbbs97

fucking leaaveeee you fraud of a manager!!
Every time I think of how we're going to be stuck with this IDIOT, I get depressed.
out out out!!! have some shame and resign.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Valverde is a good coach, he did impressive work with Espanyol, getting them to a UEFA cup final and only losing on penalties. He was very successful in Greece with Olimpiacos. His work at Bilbao was also decent, he got them into the champions league. So for Cruyff to make those statements in 2012 was fair based on what he had achieved in management to that point.

However Barca seems to be a step too far for him, and he has shown his limitations. His team selection and ability to adjust in top level European football aren’t good enough. He’s also been overawed with senior players and hasn’t made the bold and necessary decisions to phase them out, choosing to appease them instead.

Last edited:

Givenchy

He is a good coach to a certain threshold basically, Emery esque. However, top teams require top coaches.

hes really not.. i know its become popular to shit on Ernie but hes a terrible manager in every facet of management (atleast that we fans know of)

man management - atrocious
subs - awful and predictable
charisma - ZERO
tactics - stubborn, boring.. lacking any creativity
transfer targets - midtable over the hill shit

he has no balls either, Vidal totally cucked him as a new player at the club when he was unhappy

people will point to his work with Bilbao and yeah he was good with them but this character we see now seems drained, void of ideas.. a statue on the touchline

George_Costanza

Valverde is a good coach, he did impressive work with Espanyol, getting them to a UEFA cup final and only losing on penalties. He was very successful in Greece with Olimpiacos. His work at Bilbao was also decent, he got them into the champions league. So for Cruyff to make those statements in 2012 was fair based on what he had achieved in management to that point.

Valverde apologists will do anything to make him look good, even twist Cruyff's words or quote him out of context. This is what he exactly said before the quote posted above: "His work is more than excellent. If you watch Espanyol play it's good to watch I'm very happy there are people like him and Rijkaard who are trying to play in a way people can enjoy, because that's what football's for"

Cruyff doesn't really care if he got them to UEFA Cup final, he praised the way Espanyol team reached that final. Knowing this, what would you think Cruyff's opinion with the way Barcelona plays under Valverde today? And before you guess it, this is what he said about Mourinho's football (After Clasico):

"This game confirmed that Jose Mourinho is a negative coach. He only cares about the result and doesn't care much for good football."

And when Mourinho was at Chelsea, this is what Cruyff said about him:

"a pragmatic coach who fails in his duty to entertain. I could teach him how to play very well, just like at Ajax in the 70s or Barcelona in the 90s. Between spectacular, controlled football, which I defend and will always defend, and results-based football there is a world of difference," "An inadequate team has to try to defend as it can, but a great team, with great players, always has to give something more. What's more, it has to for the good of football.

I'm sure if Cruyff is alive today, he will be very disapointed with Valverde.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I’m not doubting that, and didn’t know his comments outside of the quotes that were posted here. All I said was that based on the work Valverde has done at that point in time, it wasn’t crazy for a person like Cruyff to praise him, Valverde has done good work as a manager, even playing decent football along the way. Pointing out that fact somehow makes me a “Valverde apologist” - the worst insult someone can be labelled with on this forum, like being branded a heretic during the Spanish Inquisition.

In the same post you quoted, I literally said that Barca was a step too far for him, yet the mention of ANY good thing he did is enough to be labelled as an apologist.

Barcilliant

I’m not doubting that, and didn’t know his comments outside of the quotes that were posted here. All I said was that based on the work Valverde has done at that point in time, it wasn’t crazy for a person like Cruyff to praise him, Valverde has done good work as a manager, even playing decent football along the way. Pointing out that fact somehow makes me a “Valverde apologist” - the worst insult someone can be labelled with on this forum, like being branded a heretic during the Spanish Inquisition.

In the same post you quoted, I literally said that Barca was a step too far for him, yet the mention of ANY good thing he did is enough to be labelled as an apologist.

In two seasons we have probably played five great matches. However we've had the most epic disasters also.

Bottom line Valverde sucks

mssarm

I think the current situation is not bad for the club. If Valverde flops next year, Barto will be forced to resign. He went against the board to keep Valverde and if it doesn't work he will get the boot. If by some magic he wins UCL next year then what's the problem?

Barcilliant

It's been a month? since that calamity against Liverpool and anti Valverde feelings are alive and well.

He should have walked but the dumb prick has remained defiant. Considering elections are only two years away I thought Barto would sack him but he's even more spineless than Shitverde.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It seems people here have reading comprehension issues. I was talking about the work Valverde did before Barcelona, and that quote from Cruyff was in 2012. When I did refer to his work at Barca, I even said in the same post that Barcelona was a step beyond his capabilities. I don't know why I should bother posting when I'm dealing with this kind of "intelligence".

Don Andrésº8

It seems people here have reading comprehension issues. I was talking about the work Valverde did before Barcelona, and that quote from Cruyff was in 2012. When I did refer to his work at Barca, I even said in the same post that Barcelona was a step beyond his capabilities. I don't know why I should bother posting when I'm dealing with this kind of "intelligence".

still trash, trash as coach and human being without a fuking spine you can say wherever do u want lolverde is still shit

henias

"Not an apologist", or "I want him gone but.." is the go-to phrase or a "safety net" just in case that any of their arguments fail, but when it comes to other coaches they love to downplay their achievements and mock hyperbolically but for Valverde every little thing seems like a big achievement and everything he is "supposedly not responsible for" seems like a glimmering silver lining. He is still largely responsible for the squad, injuries aside, the squad he has under his wings look like utter shit. If injuries are an excuse he wouldn't rush Iniesta or Messi or even Rakitic as soon as they came back from one. Even more so for Suarez who claimed to have knee problems. All are just plain dry excuses.

So please, he is no where near the level so any sort of flattering statement cannot make him look better whether be it before Barca. Playing average football is done by many other dozens of mid-tier teams so nothing too fascinating about it, especially when it comes to midtable teams that's their only capability. If EV hadn't been appointed by clown Bartomeu, no one would even consider him.

Home of Barca Fans