Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

I was talking about Henry because you posted fake news about me. Please show me where I said anything about Suarez before accusing me of anything.

LMAO, A mentally retarded level of reading and understanding what was written. This is what I said, "Henry played CF all his career in Arsenal". Now try to prove this sentence wrong.

My advice to you:
1- don't respond until you have fully read and understood what you are reading.
2- think before you respond. Ask yourself, "am I responding to what was asked or said"?
3- when you are stupid there is a tendency to become defensive and double down on your stupidity. Instead, learn to accept your foolishness and then learn and grow intellectually from it.
4. start reading books. It will definitely help your reading comprehension and help you read faster.

FCBfan22

Someone install a RPM meter on Cruyff's grave for times like this when Valverde talks about him after an absolute shitshow against Betis.

KingLeo10

Someone install a RPM meter on Cruyff's grave for times like this when Valverde talks about him after an absolute shitshow against Betis.

I think Valverde has Cruyff confused with Helenio Herrera. Because there's not one ounce of attacking football in Retardo's 'philosophy'.

Andresito

Staff member
Nope Henry played LW for Arsenal in his early days. His career started as a LW

Sure he'd drift out to the left a lot, but you can't label him a winger.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-...ys-as-a-left-winger-with-monaco-and-juventus/

Henry signed for Arsenal in 1999 and was restored to the centre-forward position of his youth.
He failed to score in his first seven Premier League games and even considered asking Wenger if he could play as a left winger again.

But he persisted and once he understood the genius of Dennis Bergkamp, the goals began to flow and the rest is history.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
If anyone didn't watch the "Take the ball ,pass the ball'' documentary , I recommend you watch that [MENTION=711]FCBarca[/MENTION] has a great link over in the Pep thread. I took some screenshots of a really crucial part , which might be a wake up call to some people here who are running with the "Muh results" narrative.

GUtoXSj.png

3hu1MNz.png

GKVsH7e.png

This part is interesting is aswell and this goes back before the Cruyff era. (btw it might seem like a meme I created to take a dig at BBZ but that's actually what he said) :

qcOx1I5.jpg

iCz48Z1.jpg

ong2JZ9.jpg

Givenchy

tbh its easy to say 'winning is a result of how you play' when you played in the greatest club team of all time with another GOAT midfielder (Iniesta) and the GOAT Messi + the golden generation and then you have Pep at the helm leading it.

what do we have left? Messi and Alba. Busi is a shadow of himself, Xaviesta both gone, Pique is a clown.. we don't even have a Pedro type player.. Dembele/Malcom are yet to really show anything

I hate what EV turned us into and theres no excuse for it.. even our fucking transfer targets aren't the Barca style anymore BUT we gotta be realistic.. that magic we witnessed in our golden generation will never be matched even if that young Pep came back.

we have more problems than just this buffoon of a manager; we have entitled players who have won everything and are on huge wages, theres a lack of motivation and even if we had a Sarri/Simeone type those players would still bend them to their will. i was hoping we'd get a strong manager atleast to make the most of Messi's final years but it seems everyone at the club is happy with average, basic, plain jane shit tactics. we'll see how we do in the CL this year, the team seem alot more hungry in that atleast

messi2140

6racies Xavi
tbh its easy to say 'winning is a result of how you play' when you played in the greatest club team of all time with another GOAT midfielder (Iniesta) and the GOAT Messi + the golden generation and then you have Pep at the helm leading it.

I agree the biggest issue is the board and ever since Rosell took over there is no denying that .My post was mostly aimed at the riduclous type of shit Ive seen posted here to defend Valverde and the "muh results" narrative. Some went even as far as to say that Roma was the 3rd best team in the CL to downplay the disaster of last year or that Poor Valverde can't bench Pique because he isn't allowed to.

what do we have left? Messi and Alba. Busi is a shadow of himself, Xaviesta both gone, Pique is a clown.. we don't even have a Pedro type player.. Dembele/Malcom are yet to really show anything

As much shit as we give the board this one is fully on Valverde for creating this enviroment where Senior players can play shit game after shit game and be fielded again. I mean of course Dembele ,Malcom, etc wont show anything.

I hate what EV turned us into and theres no excuse for it.. even our fucking transfer targets aren't the Barca style anymore BUT we gotta be realistic.. that magic we witnessed in our golden generation will never be matched even if that young Pep came back.

I agree , that's an unrealistic expectation to have , but expecting to play attractive football with this Barca team isn't. I mean just look how Ajax and Man city (which imo either dont have better team than Barca or are even ) are playing. Then again if the board was competent they wouldn't have hired this midtable manager or even fired him along time ago so I can see where you are coming from.

khaled_a_d

As much shit as we give the board this one is fully on Valverde for creating this enviroment where Senior players can play shit game after shit game and be fielded again. I mean of course Dembele ,Malcom, etc wont show anything.

The environment was there before EV, even in the documentary you could feel from the way Busquets talk it was there in Pep's last year, and how the relationship changed. Same from Alves IIRC
It was surely there with Tito and Tata, more for the later. And Xavi was the leading cause for it, it was widely reported how he was leading players against Tata, saying his way isn't the right way for coaching etc.
We have been holding too much onto our own senior players in comparison to many other clubs like RM, this is huge mistake and it starts at the top. You need to be ruthless with those guys.
This decision should belong to the directors more than the coach.

Xavi was/is great player, but I would really like how he is going to be as a coach. Pep has experienced different coaches and cultures when he moved to Italy, playing under the likes of Capello and he himself was relatively long strong player. He had more flexibility with his coaching and we always had 4 physically imposing defenders with tall strong DM under him, he still gave importance to those aspects.
Xavi is an ideologist while Pep was perfectionist, those things are different and makes me worry about what kind of coach he will be.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Im talking about the enviroment were senior players can play several bad games without any consequences while young and new players get benched after a bad game or 2. So I honestly have no idea what you are even arguing at this point.

Last edited:

henias

The environment was there before EV, even in the documentary you could feel from the way Busquets talk it was there in Pep's last year, and how the relationship changed. Same from Alves IIRC
It was surely there with Tito and Tata, more for the later. And Xavi was the leading cause for it, it was widely reported how he was leading players against Tata, saying his way isn't the right way for coaching etc.
We have been holding too much onto our own senior players in comparison to many other clubs like RM, this is huge mistake and it starts at the top. You need to be ruthless with those guys.
This decision should belong to the directors more than the coach.

Xavi was/is great player, but I would really like how he is going to be as a coach. Pep has experienced different coaches and cultures when he moved to Italy, playing under the likes of Capello and he himself was relatively long strong player. He had more flexibility with his coaching and we always had 4 physically imposing defenders with tall strong DM under him, he still gave importance to those aspects.
Xavi is an ideologist while Pep was perfectionist, those things are different and makes me worry about what kind of coach he will be.

Sporting directors? What are you even talking about?

Home of Barca Fans