Ernesto Valverde - V1

Stoichkov1

Ah, I read it wrong. I would really like to see what Setien would do with this squad. Betis is playing amazingly, but is lacking a prolific scorer.

We need to sack Ernie ASAP. Before our board does some stupid transfer business involving NeyChild. I believe we have heaps of potential in our squad, but Ernie is too pragmatic to use it.

Setien is another mid-table coach and his teams concede an insane amount of goals. Is it too much to ask for a world class coach?

jairzinho

Excuse me but what have big name manager signings done for Manchester United? LVG, Mourinho, all failed.

I'm glad you guys are not in charge of picking our next manager.

For thoer curious I would pick Laurent Blanc hands down to lead the next era.

I love your posts. Never disappoints.

:mou:

Stoichkov1

You mean the manager who plays defensive football and whose Juventus teams were going out in the CL group stages after losing to the Fenerbache and Galatasaray's of the World?

We play shit football with Valverde too, so I don't see what's the problem. Conte's teams at least don't concede goals and he would have no problem to bench Piqué or Suarez if they don't perform.

Conte only fucked up in the CL once. Last year Chelsea outplayed us with much worse players than we currently have.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We play shit football with Valverde too, so I don't see what's the problem. Conte's teams at least don't concede goals and he would have no problem to bench Piqué or Suarez if they don't perform.

Conte only fucked up in the CL once. Last year Chelsea outplayed us with much worse players than we currently have.

Well you see most of us don't want to go from a poor brand of football to shit football again.

jairzinho

People keep shitting on Conte's CL record but how many top coaches have great CL records in the last 5 or 10 years? Zidane alone has won it the last 3 times, before that was Lucho, Carlo and Jupp. Sarri, Klopp, Jardim, Setien and whoever else gets mentioned frequently has never won it. Klopp who is highly rated has a habit of losing finals ffs.

MTL_Barca

Conte is a good coach but i don't want him at Barca. I hope our next coach actually believes in our style and la masia.

DonAK

People keep shitting on Conte's CL record but how many top coaches have great CL records in the last 5 or 10 years? Zidane alone has won it the last 3 times, before that was Lucho, Carlo and Jupp. Sarri, Klopp, Jardim, Setien and whoever else gets mentioned frequently has never won it. Klopp who is highly rated has a habit of losing finals ffs.

People keep shitting on Conte's CL record because his CL record is absolutely garbage. At least some of the top coaches you mentioned make it far or play well enough to make it far.

Most of us want Barca to win trophies though

And Conte is supposed to be a guarantee of that? Even Valverde is capable of winning La Liga trophies by grinding out results and having Messi on the team.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

We need someone that can salvage EV's ship short term first. If we want to change a coach, now is the right time, so he can implement his ideas before CL knockouts.

And then we can start thinking about a long-term solution.

DonAK

We're not going to sack Valverde. They'll let him ride it out until he leaves after the season ends.

Home of Barca Fans