Ernesto Valverde - V1

Raketa10

As I see it the biggest risk with Valverde is will he be able to handle Barcelona stars. This is my biggest concern.

Players like Neymar, Suarez, Messi, Pique etc. need big authority on the bench otherwise it becomes anarchy. This season is a clear evidence of that. I am sure that in some games players were not following Lucho's tactical instructions at all.

Look at Zidane for example he for sure isn't a tactical genious but he knows how to deal with stars and they respect him. Valverde wasn't a star player nor he managed any team so far with big names in it so I am truly worried how will he handle our team full of spoiled stars.

Last edited:

Galning

He says Valverde is doing a good job at Espanyol, not only with results but also that Espanyol is playing a nice type of football that excites the people which hasn't been the case for many years.

xXKonan

1495491572384.jpg

Sports Front cover.

Says Valverde is already working for the Team, and he will give the approval of what comes in and goes out. and it also says he's been looking for a place to live and and schools for his Children in Barcelona.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I do agree that a bigger name would command more respect in the dressing room full of stars and motivation is most important problem here and that can derive from respect.

Valverde will have a tough job and he will need to command authority from the start.

xXKonan

[tw]866943774504747008[/tw]

MD confirms it.

He will sign a 2-year contract with an option to extend for 1 more year with Barcelona on Monday, and Ian Aspiazu will be the assistant coach and the physical trainer will be José Antonio Pozanco.

Giginho75

I don't know if there are many free trainers to the level of fcb now, then Valverde could be a good choise (but really i don't know).
It will be important he have quickly a good management of the group already during the pre-season.
But more important is understanding who are the players still able to play for fcb and who not.
Unfortunately last summer there have been some mistakes about the transfer market.
No one of the new players in the last season played a good tournement.

serghei

I'm warming up to him. Starting to see the good side of this. Seems like a class act as a person and a true gentleman. I am sure he is tactically more astute than Lucho as well. Not sure about the 4-2-3-1 though. Put Messi back on the right, sign a top midfielder and a top RB and we can go for the treble next season with the good old 4-3-3.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I could see Valverde, being flexible with us and using both the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 when needed next season. not sure if we will bring back the 3-4-3/3-3-1-3 though.

God Serena

I honestly don't want to see us play a 3 man back line going forward. Lucho was so tactically inept and stubborn in his transfer policy (We don't even NEED a RB!) that it became our only option but I think in general a four man back line is the basic foundation our formation should be based on.

Home of Barca Fans