Ernesto Valverde - V1

BusiTheKing

Xavi is an ideologist while Pep was perfectionist, those things are different and makes me worry about what kind of coach he will be.

Right on the money. Some of Xavi's comments these past years have been downright embarrassing. For the pros column, though, he's going to be a great presence, which in some cases is enough if you have the right squad. His career as a player of course. The fact that he was Guardiola's top student.

Seemingly trivial things like the way he talks. He's electric and passionate and convincing in his argumentation. I think it was Puyol in the documentary that noted how the most important thing about Guardiola was that the players trusted him completely. They truly believed that if they did what he asked and put in the work, then success would come. It was mentioned multiple times how detrimental anxiety can be in a squad. Once a seed of self-doubt is planted, your entire plan can disintegrate. People start worrying if they really should be doing what they're doing. For example, under Guardiola, as I think it was Henry that explained well, there were quite a few instructions that didn't make sense in regards to any immediate pay-off. Instead, they served a higher purpose making the whole plan fall into place. If players start second guessing stuff like that, tactics are out the window.

I think Xavi would be great in that sense, because if you truly believe that you know the way, then it will rub off on your players.

serghei

The board has its flaws but the person mostly responsible for the situation at the team is the manager. Lucho benched Pique for a string of games in 2014-15. As a result, Pique had probably the best form of his life in the next 8-10 months, on par with his best version under Guardiola.

Now, if Lucho could bench underperforming veterans, so can Valverde. The difference is that Lucho, for all his flaws, never lacked courage. Valverde is too scared, and too 'safe' to make a call like that. You need to be a leader and to have guts, two things Valverde knows little about. In the end, handling the squad is mostly on the manager. Always.

The biggest fault of the board is accepting a manager with such a poor medium-long term vision as Valverde, hoping we can nick some titles while not playing too great.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Senior players?? Our manager is too passive that he can't even control a kid like Dembele. I don't think Dembele will dare to think about missing any training session under a coach like Pep.

Cule4life

The Culest
All things consider I think he has been truly exceptional coach

its-time-to-stop-posting-1482243.png

Cule4life

The Culest
The environment was there before EV, even in the documentary you could feel from the way Busquets talk it was there in Pep's last year, and how the relationship changed. Same from Alves IIRC.

So now Retardo isn't even at fault for not resting seniors? Quick question who is better in your eyes- Retardo or Mother Teresa? :lol:

Poor Ernie if only his job gave him some powers to do something about complacency among seniors....

raki

Crazy to learn about Valverde's pact with Rakitic !!!

It all makes sooo much sense now .

There´s no proof of that. Bullshit from the catalan press. I really hate that. They hurt the city´s team in name of selling papers. This kind of shit led Pep away.

That being said , Valverde is not Barça level.

He´s not getting the best out of the squad´s potential.

Raketa10

Can you please just leave? Dembouz and Malcom showed 10x more in those couple of minutes they played than Rafinha and Roberto in 45! FUCKING COWARD!

Home of Barca Fans