Ernesto Valverde - V1

George_Costanza

The issue is with this board and Roberto, they decided to hire Valverde based on his so-called "Barca DNA". He wasn't even interviewed by Barto/board or even Roberto to see what's his plans and what value he will add to the team. It was all done through intermediate. Barto only spoke to EV after he made the decision to hire him. By contrast, Pep had to meet the board and Laporta on several occasions, do a presentation, answered all interview questions and made assurance with his plans for the future.

Merit vs. Barca DNA

Messigician

Duh Pep was up against Mourinho and was untested in the top flight.

Valverde honestly could have gone undefeated in the league and won the treble if it weren't for a few bad minutes which ruined everything.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[tw]1052468992869191680[/tw]

If the reports about him leaving at the end of the season are true then I doubt Valverde will even look at La Masia or even Alena this season.

Achieved some good results, but was never truly fit for this job. Will go back to coaching mid-tier teams or top teams in smaller leagues again.

FCBfan22

Arsene Wenger says he wants to get back to work .... at least we'd be playing attractive football again ..

Wenger as manager and get Puyol back as defensive coach :)

You are a funny man.

MD has reported that if Valverde is sacked, Quique Setien will get the job, with Jordi Cruyff as his assistant.

DonAK

You are a funny man.

MD has reported that if Valverde is sacked, Quique Setien will get the job, with Jordi Cruyff as his assistant.

I think it said Setien and Cruyff are the two options for job, not that the latter would be an assistant.

Quite underwhelming options.

FCBfan22

I think it said Setien and Cruyff are the two options for job, not that the latter would be an assistant.

Quite underwhelming options.

Ah, I read it wrong. I would really like to see what Setien would do with this squad. Betis is playing amazingly, but is lacking a prolific scorer.

We need to sack Ernie ASAP. Before our board does some stupid transfer business involving NeyChild. I believe we have heaps of potential in our squad, but Ernie is too pragmatic to use it.

DonAK

Ah, I read it wrong. I would really like to see what Setien would do with this squad. Betis is playing amazingly, but is lacking a prolific scorer.

We need to sack Ernie ASAP. Before our board does some stupid transfer business involving NeyChild. I believe we have heaps of potential in our squad, but Ernie is too pragmatic to use it.

I think this squad have holes, but also agree that it could do better than it's done the last one and a half season.

However I'm starting to have doubts about Dembele even though I like him. His nonchalant nature is pissing me off and seemingly annoying Deschamps now too who said he still doesn't know what it takes to be a footballer at the highest level.

I wouldn't replace him with Neymar, but I would consider other options that could be on the market.

FCBfan22

I think this squad have holes, but also agree that it could do better than it's done the last one and a half season.

However I'm starting to have doubts about Dembele even though I like him. His nonchalant nature is pissing me off and seemingly annoying Deschamps now too who said he still doesn't know what it takes to be a footballer at the highest level.

I wouldn't replace him with Neymar, but I would consider other options that could be on the market.

True. But overplaying Busi and Raki, playing Bob and Pique together (who are clearly liabilities), not resting Suarez, implementing a one-sided system, lack of motivation, not knowing who to sub, not knowing who to play instead of Alba at LB when he needs rest (the answer is easily Roberto not 35 yo Vermaelen)...

Those are all also problems caused directly by Ernie. It's not only about Dembele.

Barcilliant

You are a funny man.

And this is where the board are really fucking up!!

I terms of charisma and personality Setien is on the same level as Valverde. Hiring Setien will make no difference. We need a manager who is a big name who will command respect.

Messigician

And this is where the board are really fucking up!!

I terms of charisma and personality Setien is on the same level as Valverde. Hiring Setien will make no difference. We need a manager who is a big name who will command respect.

Excuse me but what have big name manager signings done for Manchester United? LVG, Mourinho, all failed.

I'm glad you guys are not in charge of picking our next manager.

For thoer curious I would pick Laurent Blanc hands down to lead the next era.

Home of Barca Fans