Ernesto Valverde - V1

raskolnikov

ITs crazy but I would like Wenger for 4 years after which Xavi takes over.
Way better than Unzue, Eusebio or whoever. It sucks that we need to wait till the summer for it to happen. Meaning another cl crash in round 16 or quarters. Hopefully we atleast will win la liga.

KingLeo10

madrid playing the long con and handing us liga so we keep this utterly useless bullshit artist for another 2-3 seasons.

:lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This quote sums up Valverde for me perfectly.

He keeps talking about : " The barca way" , "attacking football" , ''Importance of La Masia'' , "New players adapting" etc.. What a bullshit artist.

I just want to briefly expand on this statement of mine , just to show you he is no ordinary bullshit artist and how he keeps using those same buzzwords I mentioned above

Some interesting quotes from his first press conference :

“My idea is to take it further, adapting myself to it and giving it a little tweak if possible. I will try to bring a passing style of play where we win the ball back quick with the team being, above all, balanced.

'I know the style because I played here' [between 1998-2000], Valverde said at his first press conference

A couple of months later he subbed in Arnaiz to play 5 mins (btw those were his first and last 5 mins), this is what Valverde had to say about him back then

“He is a savvy player, I hope he will help us in the future," Valverde told the press after the game.

Then we had that moment when he brought Alena with him to Olympiakos .. only to put him on the stands while Barca had the 1st already secured.

Then in December he pulled the ultimate bullshit play , of which Im sure will go in the history books.

Gerard López (Barça B coach): "I'm glad Valverde came to see us. It's been 2 and a half years since the coach of the first team has came to see us play."

He went to see a Barca B game to show the media and fans that he "really cares" about La Masia , as obviously shown how he treated them up until now.

His latest big interview at the start of this season was a beautiful article that was full of bullshit left ,right and centre , some great quotes:

On La Masia:

- Barça always has to look at its academy. A lot of people say we should simply take youth players, put them in the first team and everything will work out. But it’s not always that simple. Because there are implicit demands and a lot of competition for places in the first team. However, it’s something that should be encouraged because players from the academy have things that outsiders don’t have. It all depends on them more than anyone else, although it might also depend on whether or not the coach gives them another chance. I hope young players can come through from the youth system and go out and steal the show, score loads of goals and stop our opponents from scoring, because that’s what guarantees that the club and the team have an identity. There are good players in Barça B, with a lot of ambition, and I’m very excited about what I see.

On seeking consistency:

- I’d like to keep the same team spirit that we had last season. It’s not always easy to do that throughout a whole season, especially in a team like ours that always plays to attack. Opponents generally haven’t stopped us playing in matches and that’s essential if you want to maintain your consistency and end up as champions. I think we have to keep that. We had a horrible day against Roma and we have to be careful in those one-off situations. In competitions like the Champions League or the World Cup, it can all come down to a single mistake on a single day. You have to be especially focused.

On Lenglet

- He is a ready-made player who knows La Liga from his time in Sevilla. He can help us a lot.

Im sure I missed some but these are the ones that stood out to me. Just keep in mind every presser and post game presser it's him spouting the same bullshit aswell. Some examples: "How great opponent x is" , "How [Insert senior player here] had a great game" , " How [Insert young player here] needs to improve on a certain aspect of football" etc.. I chose to ignore those , because if I didnt , this post would be even longer.

serghei

I would welcome Wenger any day over this worthless asshole.

Me too. Would be great to see as a football fan in general I think. La Masia would surely benefit, he'd have players of a much higher caliber than at Arsenal. Generally, outside a trophyless season which wouldn't be such a big drama, we don't have much to lose. Our football would surely improve and I think we'd play faster and more attacking with him.

Plus, he's always showed an admiration towards Barca, Messi, Xavi and our style. He kind of tried to replicate it at Arsenal.

Barcelona has grown immensely in the last decades because of one thing mostly. Since the early 00's or even earlier in the 90's they have been the most entertaining team to watch in world football. We're starting to lose that big time with Valverde.

Last edited:

Porque

Valverde is here as long as he is in the LaLiga running, realistically.

Wenger strikes me as someone who needs complete control and not someone who could come in and do a 6 month job. I could see him wanting to take control of LaMasia and its intergration with the first team, the youth teams below that and who is getting signed.

In terms of replacing him, Aberlardo is doing a fantastic job at Alaves. He knows the club well and will in all likelyhood manage the ego's better than Setien.

Setien could end up being the Spanish Sarri, or he could be the next coming of Lorenzo Serrer Ferrer. If he had done the business at a CL Betis or a Valencia then it would be way easier to go for him.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

President Bartomeu: “We want to win more titles, and to continue being sustainable, pioneering, innovative, and caring.”

Bartomeu: “We think that with Valverde we have a valuable coach who believes in our model, he has given us a League and a CdR and we expect a lot from him.”

Rcl5be1.gif

Andresito

Staff member
[youtube]zFYwueh05mM[/youtube]

This is our dressing room at the moment.
Pique coming up with that "biznus" shit

Andresito

Staff member
Haven't you heard what Valverde said? Aleña need to prove himself to gain his trust. Perhaps he'll gain enough trust to get some minutes against the 3rd division Copa del Rey opponent we'll play against.

Malcom is working very hard right now too. Trying to gain Valverde's trust by being a good guy and sitting quietly at home or on the stands.

Pathetic excuse of a mid-table coach. I guess we at least didn't get Lopetegui though. He's even worse.

I'll answer you here.

Valverde himself is a mediocre coach - he can select the best XI and keep most of the best players happy. My grandmother could do that.
He doesn't know how to manage a squad during the full season. To select the players most suited for each game while rotating at the same time.
Changing 2-3 starting players each game should not affect the whole outcome of the game, the tactics should be there for everyone to follow.

The problem is we hire managers without thinking of the future.
Valverde is here at the peak of his career for a couple of years and knows he'll be gone soon. Why should he sow the ground for the next manager?

Off topic our squad has been mismanaged for years.
Pep built a solid ground with the best team in history, I imagine we could've developed a lot further had we built on that properly.
Look at how the forward position is managed at City. Aguero is getting older and while he still has an important role so does his successor.
What's our plan for Suárez, Busquets, Piqué? Buy the best player in the market for 100M? Again, my grandmother could do that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'll answer you here.

Valverde himself is a mediocre coach - he can select the best XI and keep most of the best players happy. My grandmother could do that.
He doesn't know how to manage a squad during the full season. To select the players most suited for each game while rotating at the same time.
Changing 2-3 starting players each game should not affect the whole outcome of the game, the tactics should be there for everyone to follow.

The problem is we hire managers without thinking of the future.
Valverde is here at the peak of his career for a couple of years and knows he'll be gone soon. Why should he sow the ground for the next manager?

Off topic our squad has been mismanaged for years.
Pep built a solid ground with the best team in history, I imagine we could've developed a lot further had we built on that properly.
Look at how the forward position is managed at City. Aguero is getting older and while he still has an important role so does his successor.
What's our plan for Suárez, Busquets, Piqué? Buy the best player in the market for 100M? Again, my grandmother could do that.

I agree with you and this is what separates the likes of Pep, Klopp and now even Sarri and arguably Allegri from the rest of the pack. They are in a win-now mode, but also thinking years ahead and have a clear plan for what they do from tactics to player acquisitions and development.

In the end it's our board's fault for going after such managers. Lucho probably had some sort of plan too. Signed Arda and Gomes so they could give competition to Iniesta and Rakitic and probably replace them, same with Aleix Vidal as the RB. The problem for Lucho was that his execution was goddamn awful.

Home of Barca Fans