Page 554 of 555 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555 LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 8325

Thread: Retardo Valverde

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    You're all probably the same people who didnt understand why Lucho switched to 3-4-3 amateurs!
    Because a 3 man midfield without a help from young Messi, Pedro, Etoo, Henry and a RB Dani Alves as a silent midfielder is often being outrun in current times?
    Especially when Lucho had 3 grannies Iniesta, Busi, Raki without a help from attackers and Dani Alves.

And Valverde continued with a 4men midfield from the same reasons.
    Then he switched to a 3men granny midfield this season again. We sucked and now he is back with 4 midfielders currently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Because a 3 man midfield without a help from young Messi, Pedro, Etoo, Henry and a RB Dani Alves as a silent midfielder is often being outrun in current times?
    Especially when Lucho had 3 grannies Iniesta, Busi, Raki without a help from attackers and Dani Alves.

And Valverde continued with a 4men midfield from the same reasons.
    Then he switched to a 3men granny midfield this season again. We sucked and now he is back with 4 midfielders currently.
    EV sucked with 4-3-3 cuz he doesn't understand how to implement the system. It's an amateurish mistake to have a double pivot in a 4-3-3 system. Two destroyers will only work in 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2, not a 4-3-3 system, we won't have the balance needed. Like I said before, you have to have one DM (destroyer), one passer/holder and one trequartista or creative player for the 4-3-3 system.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    What a perfect time for the boot, I don't understand why he's still here, new manager would have 2 weeks to get used to the squad.
    depressing part of this is, i haven't even seen a single rumour our board are considering replacing him... he'll probably get lucky again with a league/copa and get a contract extension

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-3-3 would work if Retardo selected the right midfield. Coutinho, Arthur and Vidal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing De Jong there would be fine because he's like the perfect player for that role but overall that lineup still looks not very good imo.

The whole team would be slow as hell and especially the center. Playing Busi on top of 2 CB + De Jong seems pointless as Busquets usually is best when he can drop in that area as well. Playing him higher up doesn't give you anything and you don't need 4 players in CB/DM area to build up, and then there is Arthur as well who is mostly there for holding possession and making safe passes in build up this far. We would still apply zero pressure on the wings as there would still only be Alba there and Roberto just isn't good enough to play a role like Alves.

Looks like the Valverde version of a 3-4-3 tbh. I'm sure Pep would never play it like that if he had that squad.

Edit: I still think the problem with 4-3-3 in our squad is Messi or the strikers in general. Suarez is too slow and bad with the ball to play like Villa/Henry, Messi doesn't play a proper RW and our RBs aren't Alves who could almost play for 2 in his prime. Unless you can sort that out the midfield doesn't matter because it already fails at getting a 3 at front.

Only way i could see is dropping Suarez and going back to false 9 Messi, unless we do that we'll be stuck with awkward formations. Or we miraculously discover a young Alves, but i guess chances of that happening are similar to finding another Xavi or Iniesta.
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; 11th October 2018 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL_Barca View Post

Edit: I still think the problem with 4-3-3 in our squad is Messi or the strikers in general. Suarez is too slow and bad with the ball to play like Villa/Henry, Messi doesn't play a proper RW and our RBs aren't Alves who could almost play for 2 in his prime. Unless you can sort that out the midfield doesn't matter because it already fails at getting a 3 at front.

Only way i could see is dropping Suarez and going back to false 9 Messi, unless we do that we'll be stuck with awkward formations. Or we miraculously discover a young Alves, but i guess chances of that happening are similar to finding another Xavi or Iniesta.
    The 4-3-3 besides having balanced midfielders as I explained before, it also requires such a discipline from the forwards. The wider players on the wing have to track back and help with the defense (think of Pedro's energy under Pep), the central forward has to take regular possession of the ball from the midfield. Suarez was able to do it a few years ago but not anymore. This task should be handled by Messi. Then you have to question Suarez role. Is he the best fit for Left forward? Or could we replace him with younger and more energetic left wing like Malcom or Dembele? I don't have Suarez heat map to see how would he function as LW.

For me this is ideal 4-3-3 formation

Semedo-(Pique???)-Umtiti-Alba
    -----Busquets (Vidal)----
    Arthur-------
    ----------------------Coutinho
    Malcom----Messi-----Demeble(Suarez)

Vidal natural position isn't 6 but I think he can cover for 6.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    The 4-3-3 besides having balanced midfielders as I explained before, it also requires such a discipline from the forwards. The wider players on the wing have to track back and help with the defense (think of Pedro's energy under Pep), the central forward has to take regular possession of the ball from the midfield. Suarez was able to do it a few years ago but not anymore. This task should be handled by Messi. Then you have to question Suarez role. Is he the best fit for Left forward? Or could we replace him with younger and more energetic left wing like Malcom or Dembele? I don't have Suarez heat map to see how would he function as LW.

For me this is ideal 4-3-3 formation

Semedo-(Pique???)-Umtiti-Alba
    -----Busquets (Vidal)----
    Arthur-------
    ----------------------Coutinho
    Malcom----Messi-----Demeble(Suarez)

Vidal natural position isn't 6 but I think he can cover for 6.
    Fine lineup, imo.
    The problem right now is that Suarez is too slow, although he can provide crucial goals, still.
    I don't know if Malcom is ready to start, and take his role in attack, he would need to be disciplined and work defensively for it to work (unlike Suarez).
    I still wish Griezmann would have come, we need to look for a Suarez-replacement soon, so we can be ready when he turns into a turtle for good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to SPORT, he's considering leaving at the end of the season.

They say he also feels less protected after Robert left.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valverde is still thinking about his future and even thinking of leaving Barça at the end of the season.
    https://twitter.com/FCB_NewsFR/statu...800441344?s=19

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he leaves right away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is the board. You will always have a Valverde type of coach unless rat face and his corrupt crew get the fuck out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    him not leaving shouldn't even be an option

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find weird is that if Sport claims are true that Valverde feels less protected with Robert not being there.

Guessing the likes of Abidal, Segura etc aren't fully on board with Valverde compared to Robert.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, perform better at your job and you'll be protected accordingly. If true then his cuckery is unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he is bad coach but I think he lacks the charisma he would need for this job. He is too humble as well. This is Barcelona, not Athletic club. I don't see how BCN players respect him. They have won way more than him in football and especially when you talk like Valrverde, It's tough to respect him.

I think he needs more courage and balls.