Ernesto Valverde - V1

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Final match of the season and title decider against Atletico we were disallowed a legit goal.

I know, but when people bring that up, the response is always, "well these things happen to everyone. what if another decision that went your way, didn't happen?"

Horatio

You're welcome
Final match of the season and title decider against Atletico we were disallowed a legit goal.

Had it been Real in that situation people would've argued that a season is not lost over one match.

Same goes for people bringing up injuries during that season. Had Valverde managed the same team they would find ways to attribute the injuries to bad rotations or mismanagement somehow.

Not a Valverde defender, but double standard-o-meter is going off the charts sometimes.

Tata failed miserably at Barca. He even admitted it himself.

Barcilliant

I think the board are pretty miffed at Valverde thumbing his nose at the new signings. It's clear the board are thinking about the future while Valverde remains anchored to the past.

I reckon we lose against Sevilla and draw against Inter and Real.

Messigician

He was two games away from doing so.

I think we would have won the double that year if Valdes stayed fit.

That's like saying Liverpool would have won UCL if Ramos didnt injure Salah. We cannot look at what might have been. Maybe Messi would have suffered a career ending injury because Valdes injures him in training. It's pointless ro specialty on what may have been.

We can only look at facts and facts are Tata failed miserably with a world class squad.

MTL_Barca

That's like saying Liverpool would have won UCL if Ramos didnt injure Salah. We cannot look at what might have been. Maybe Messi would have suffered a career ending injury because Valdes injures him in training. It's pointless ro specialty on what may have been.

We can only look at facts and facts are Tata failed miserably with a world class squad.

You basically just explained why its stupid to look at things so result oriented when there are (big) factors that can't be controlled by the coach.

I'm not a fan of Tata btw but this "i only look at titles won and don't care how they were won, how the team performed overall and what the circumstances were" mentally is one that would suggest Valverde is a great coach when he proves the exact opposite every week in la liga.

MagIX

Exactly, if not Valverde it will be just another "Barca DNA" shit coach replacing him under this idiotic board.

yes, and all this brought to a transfer market without sense and logic. It's a shame, we had an exceptional budget available, more unique than rare

ronniecro

like that would change something. We dropped too many points so far for him to be "brave" and give chances to barca B players,forget it

MTL_Barca

So after 1 1/2 years at this club we ask Valverde of all people to be more brave? Haven't they seen one of our games since he is here? :lol:

At this point everyone should not what can be expected from him, and brave decisions and youth player development surely aren't part of that Ernesto package. But i guess that just never came up in meetings seeing how we signed players he doesn't use and filled Dignes spot with a la masia player he also doesn't use.

Home of Barca Fans