Ernesto Valverde - V1

Raketa10

like [MENTION=22412]henias[/MENTION] explained here, and I already argued with BBZ before that EV don't know how to implement the 4-3-3 formation. The formation requires more offensive players in both attack and midfield. This wasn't the case with EV who prefer workhorses defensive-minded players such as Raki, Paulinho, Gomes. Either you attack and have ball possession on your opponent's half which you won't require so many defensive players and can switch to a 4-1-4-1 as the wide midfielders drop deeper to win the ball back. Conceding 18 times in 12 games because we are playing a formation/tactics that don't suit our players. Did we concede those goals playing mostly 4-3-3? No so not sure what's the point bringing it.
As for Suarez, he isn't as sharp as he used to be and you said it he doesn't have speed, so he should be used in a supporting role. Henry played CF all his career in Arsenal and played as floating left-winger (or inside forward is another description) when he moved to Barcelona at the age of 31.
The biggest issue for me isn't Suarez or Pique. Its Busquets who is critical for the success of 4-3-3 formation, and arguably what Pep missed mostly in Bayern. Busquets lost some pace and his performance has been average to below average so far. When he is in sync, we dominate any midfield. Very difficult to replace and I have hopes that Frankie De Jong as his replacement

I agree but bare in mind that Henry was much faster and had much better dribbling skills than Suarez. On the other hand Suarez is better in the box. IMHO they are not comparable players at all.

This Graham Hunter article is excellent.

http://www.espn.com.au/soccer/club/...sing-the-tactics-that-made-modern-barca-great

There is a clear culture of complacency with the senior players and a huge degree of insecurity with the youngsters. Senior players can do whatever they want and get away with it while the newer players have one bad game and get dropped.

This is a toxic cocktail and is the reason we'll fuck up again this season in the cl.

Valverde is all wrong for this club.

The most significant part of the article:

Guardiola forcefully pointed out about his City squad: "I try to convince them to run like the most humble team in the world. If they don't do that, they don't play: They sit beside me on the bench. I can forgive everything, but if they don't run, they don't play. You have to run in football. That is one of our secrets: More than tactics, spirit, you try to run."

It's clear that our players don't behave the same in the CL and La Liga. They basically walked the entire game against Betis! I also blame Valverde 100% but this is not the first time this team did this shit! Roma was the same story! Players are also responsible!

Last edited:

ini4ever

Guardiola forcefully pointed out about his City squad: "I try to convince them to run like the most humble team in the world. If they don't do that, they don't play: They sit beside me on the bench. I can forgive everything, but if they don't run, they don't play. You have to run in football. That is one of our secrets: More than tactics, spirit, you try to run."

All pointing to Total-football's signature, KILOMETERS MATTER.

Messigician

like [MENTION=22412]henias[/MENTION] explained here, and I already argued with BBZ before that EV don't know how to implement the 4-3-3 formation. The formation requires more offensive players in both attack and midfield. This wasn't the case with EV who prefer workhorses defensive-minded players such as Raki, Paulinho, Gomes. Either you attack and have ball possession on your opponent's half which you won't require so many defensive players and can switch to a 4-1-4-1 as the wide midfielders drop deeper to win the ball back. Conceding 18 times in 12 games because we are playing a formation/tactics that don't suit our players. Did we concede those goals playing mostly 4-3-3? No so not sure what's the point bringing it.
As for Suarez, he isn't as sharp as he used to be and you said it he doesn't have speed, so he should be used in a supporting role. Henry played CF all his career in Arsenal and played as floating left-winger (or inside forward is another description) when he moved to Barcelona at the age of 31.
The biggest issue for me isn't Suarez or Pique. Its Busquets who is critical for the success of 4-3-3 formation, and arguably what Pep missed mostly in Bayern. Busquets lost some pace and his performance has been average to below average so far. When he is in sync, we dominate any midfield. Very difficult to replace and I have hopes that Frankie De Jong as his replacement

Nope Henry played LW for Arsenal in his early days. His career started as a LW

George_Costanza

All of Atleticos CBs are injuried apparently, easy win for you guys.

Valverde's lucky charm list

luck.jpg

Messigician

Pinto used to play as defensive midfielder early in his career. That's such a stupid point!

Not a stupid point at all actually. He spent 6 years playing as a LW in France and Italy. Then a further 3 years here as a LW. Furthermore even when playing striker he hmtwnded to drift wide.

"When up front, Henry is occasionally known to move out wide to the left wing position,[104][105]*something which enables him to contribute heavily in*assists: between 2002–03 and 2004–05, the striker managed almost 50 assists in total and this was attributed to his unselfish play and creativity.[27]*Coming in from the left, Henry’s trademark finish saw him place the ball inside the far right corner of the goal."

George_Costanza

Not a stupid point at all actually. He spent 6 years playing as a LW in France and Italy. Then a further 3 years here as a LW. Furthermore even when playing striker he hmtwnded to drift wide.

"When up front, Henry is occasionally known to move out wide to the left wing position,[104][105]*something which enables him to contribute heavily in*assists: between 2002–03 and 2004–05, the striker managed almost 50 assists in total and this was attributed to his unselfish play and creativity.[27]*Coming in from the left, Henry’s trademark finish saw him place the ball inside the far right corner of the goal."

Bro, Henry flopped big time at Juve, this is not something that supports your argument. Ancelotti himself admitted one of his biggest mistakes in his career playing Henry wide.

George_Costanza

Irrelevant, don't change the subject!

Change the subject? Ok here is an info for you kid, Luis Suarez did actually play LW/Wide beside the CF role for Liverpool and Uruguay. Stop wasting my time with useless stupid arguments. I think it will be better if you troll the trolls here, that's something I want to see from you because you are becoming repetitive and boring just like Valverde.

Messigician

Change the subject? Ok here is an info for you kid, Luis Suarez did actually play LW/Wide beside the CF role for Liverpool and Uruguay. Stop wasting my time with useless stupid arguments. I think it will be better if you troll the trolls here, that's something I want to see from you because you are becoming repetitive and boring just like Valverde.

Stop being immature and just admit you were wrong about Henry.

Home of Barca Fans