Ernesto Valverde - V1

utility73

I really not looking forward to next season with Valverde as a coach. Sooner or later his luck will run out and I am really afraid of what will happen then.

utility73

Invincibles is worth fighting for. It's an incredibly rare achievement that we're in a great position to get. I don't think it would hurt us in the CL much to have had to 'try' against Sevilla and eventually vs. RM in the next Clasico.

This reminds me so much of back when Tito was all about hunting that 100 points mark and then we got beaten to a pulp by Bayern in CL.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Really, I don't know what some of you expected. Some of our players played on different continents or were overplayed during internationals.

We were playing against one of the best home teams in Europe and earned a point.

Yes, performance wasn't good and we were kinda lucky but we hit the post and had few other great opportunities besides the goals.

Result is good, performance leaves something to be desired but, again, you have to count in the circumstances and the other team too.

MagIX

I really not looking forward to next season with Valverde as a coach. Sooner or later his luck will run out and I am really afraid of what will happen then.

And the bad luck ? he lost unexpectedly Neymar during the pre-saison ruining his plans, Dembele injured for months, Coutinho arrived (injured) only in January....
With the same team (-Neymar) that the past season won only the cdr, the only "reinforcement" at his disposal was Paulinho....
Iniesta is old and it is noticeable here and now, Suarez is the shadow of himself....
I am positively surprised at the results we have achieved, what did EV with the material at his disposal.

Next season will be without Iniesta......an incredible loss in midfield
Next season we will see how good Dembele and Coutinho really are, with facts and not according to the umbelieveble amounts we spent...

utility73

Really, I don't know what some of you expected. Some of our players played on different continents or were overplayed during internationals.

Who was on another continent? Quick look I only found Raki being overseas.
And while it is always a bit of an excuse that players are tired or hurt after internationals it is not like we are the only top team with such obligations. For an example City went full throttle at least for the first halft away at Everton and cruised home the win in second half. Quite a difference.

But even taking into account tiredness the game against Sevilla was just an utter shit show from our side an all accounts, probably the worst so far this season, though not an outlier. We were extremely lucky to come away with a point in the end. If would care about Sevilla I would feel sorry them.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

We'll add Griezmann, Arthur, possibly Alena. Coutinho, Dembele and Semedo will fully integrate, we'll do just fine.

utility73

It did at least partly, apart from tactical stagnation the players were also all dead tired and Bayern thrashed us without breaking a sweat.

(Tito‘s deteriorating health was no help obviously but not the sole reason)

Last edited:

michelco

We were playing against one of the best home teams in Europe and earned a point.

Yes, performance wasn't good and we were kinda lucky but we hit the post and had few other great opportunities besides the goals.

Result is good, performance leaves something to be desired but, again, you have to count in the circumstances and the other team too.

Sevilla got smashed at home recently by both Atletico and Valencia. Surely not "one of the best home teams in Europe".

Even so, Sevilla clearly had way more scoring chances. The only reasonBarca wasn't humiliated in this match was Muriel who wouldn't even be able to finish with Angelina Jolie.

Valverde is clearly chasing the invincible tag (and tbh I would too lol) but let's not make excuses for him

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Sevilla got smashed at home recently by both Atletico and Valencia. Surely not "one of the best home teams in Europe".

Even so, Sevilla clearly had way more scoring chances. The only reasonBarca wasn't humiliated in this match was Muriel who wouldn't even be able to finish with Angelina Jolie.

Valverde is clearly chasing the invincible tag (and tbh I would too lol) but let's not make excuses for him

It's not only Valverde, look what players said after match they want invincible season as much as EV. Sergi Roberto for example "Still unbeaten! We have 8 games left to achieve our goal! And on Wednesday we have another important game! Força Barça".

JamDav1982

He is not 'chasing the invincible tag' he is trying to win the league and like all the other teams at top of the better leagues in europe played a strong side.

Would think he could have started Messi or even Busi if he was really that desperate.

viper76

This is the worst barca in the last 10 years

It would be a miracle for this barca to win the CL, with Valverde mentality we aren't good enough and far far short of the top teams in europe.

JamDav1982

This is the worst barca in the last 10 years

It would be a miracle for this barca to win the CL, with Valverde mentality we aren't good enough and far far short of the top teams in europe.

Valverde getting domestic double and semi finals is a great season with where he started.

He has worst squad in ten years to work with and could end up with one of the more succesful seasons than many previously.

Home of Barca Fans