Ernesto Valverde - V1

The only reason we were supposedly unsuccessful (which isn't even true) under Tito is because the man had cancer. FFS.

The problems of that season were there long before he got cancer. Again, see the second leg of the supercup. As in actually watch the game, don't just look at the scoreline.

If you look beyond muh 100 points that season was a failure.

God Serena

The problems of that season were there long before he got cancer. Again, see the second leg of the supercup. As in actually watch the game, don't just look at the scoreline.

The 100 points is a large part of why our midfield is so shit :lol:

</3 Thiago...

BarcaOG

Banned

we had a bad CL run but to say that a 100 league points season was a failure is absurd

xXKonan

I think Valverde will surprise us in a good way. Bilbao had it's limitations on what it can buy in the market due to the Basque policy and it was either that or promote within. Here in Barcelona he will have access to things he never had and I can see him being more flexible due to that.

While people are losing their minds on Barca Twitter, I'm optimistic myself and I really can't wait to see what he can do with this squad+more additions in the summer.

God Serena

Everyone including Bartomeu is saying Valverde cares about, trusts, and promotes youth.

I say prove it. Promote Gumbau.

God Serena

No it wasnt. This gets repeated all the time but Thiago plenty of league games in the second half of that season.

Could have given him enough minutes to stop his clause from dropping. It was well within our means and the 100 points was given higher priority.

JamDav1982

Could have given him enough minutes to stop his clause from dropping. It was well within our means and the 100 points was given higher priority.

It was nothing to do with the 100 points and he started I think 12 of the last 18 games. The last game he started was arguably the toughest of the last few - away to Espanyol.

Different argument to say could have started him in games just to increase his clause.

God Serena

It was nothing to do with the 100 points and he started I think 12 of the last 18 games. The last game he started was arguably the toughest of the last few - away to Espanyol.

Different argument to say could have started him in games just to increase his clause.

12 of 18? Why not more?

If the club had any interest in making sure his clause didn't plummet giving him more minutes was the only logical thing to do, especially with the ridiculous point lead we had over both Madrid sides.

mssarm

12 of 18? Why not more?
Because back then we had Cesc and Xavi ...you cannot bench them for 18 games. We had other midfielders too.

If the club had any interest in making sure his clause didn't plummet giving him more minutes was the only logical thing to do, especially with the ridiculous point lead we had over both Madrid sides.

Back to this argument again? If a player wants to leave he will always find ways. We don't need slaves.. I'm glad he is gone, I want players who don't spend nights with their lawyers going over the contract to see what they can leverage to leave the club.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans