Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

I don't know. Lots of rumors. I don't think the board will Sack Valverde but I think the Cl exit, the shitty football and his lack of desire to develop young players has probably pissed of the board.
Interesting times ahead.

Ursegor

World Champion
True. It's also on the players big time. But the manager should be able to motivate his players. It's one of his attributes. When you sign for a big club, you win in some areas, you lose in others. You have higher quality players, but these players can lose focus easier, and put up more flat, spirit-less performances, acting like they're better just by name and status, not by proving it out there on the field. It would be unfair to credit Valverde when the players play well and are sharp and focused, like in the Copa final, and to blame it on the players when they show up not caring and not being as focused. The manager is supposed to handle these issues. He is supposed to make sure his players show up, ready to match the kind of adversity that is thrown at them.

Valverde is the person in charge with the management of the team, and when the team is proven to be of great quality, but isn't showing it in the big games in CL, it's the manager's fault mostly.

Then which manager do you want?

Pep conceded 6 goals to a Ligue 1 team that is not named PSG last season and conceded more than 3 goals to Liverpool TWICE this season, in the CL without mustering a shot on target.

Mourinho got outplayed by Sevilla at home in the round of 16.

Ancelotti got sacked after 0-3 away to PSG and he has a history of bottling big leads (Liverpool and Deportivo).

Allegri lost 1-4 to Real then next season 0-3 again at home.

These are maybe the 4 biggest names in the coaching world right now.

So who is this manager who comes to Barca, plays attractive attacking football and also guarantees CL success against the big boys? Would like to hear that name.

These things happen. Before the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Ronaldinho era this club has won 1 CL in 36 years. Alex Ferguson won it twice in 27 years.

Yeah, losing 0-3 against Roma with a 4-1 lead is REALLY bad but it happens in this competition. Should get over it.

khaled_a_d

Sure Robert brought him here but who says relation between them can't change. You can tell the way EV treated Mina and what he said about him that it was more personal. Also, from what I heard Pep Segura and some of the board members including Barto aren't happy the way he treats Dembele and final irritation came in Roma's game.

The second part is another argument, I was talking about EV not overly happy with Roberto.
Sure things change very fast, but this is the only rumor talking about broken relation between SD and Manager atm. both who doesn't have long term assurance here.
Mina wasn't really Robert signing either, even before EV arrival there were rumors Roberto didn't watch/like him much.

serghei

Pep conceded 6 goals to a Ligue 1 team that is not named PSG last season and conceded more than 3 goals to Liverpool TWICE this season, in the CL without mustering a shot on target.

Ancelotti got sacked after 0-3 away to PSG and he has a history of bottling big leads (Liverpool and Deportivo).

So who is this manager who comes to Barca, plays attractive attacking football and also guarantees CL success against the big boys? Would like to hear that name.

These things happen. Before the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Ronaldinho era this club has won 1 CL in 36 years. Alex Ferguson won it twice in 27 years.

Yeah, losing 0-3 against Roma with a 4-1 lead is REALLY bad but it happens in this competition. Should get over it.

I agree that the perspectives are not without risks regarding which managers are available. However, if that is what Valverde can bring, steadiness in the league and disasters in CL, then, sorry, we can do better with a more positive manager who would also have a more long term vision.

I have a bad feeling that we've seen the best of Valverde already this season. Don't see him as the kind of manager who would turn all these new players, some of them quite young, into a new great team. Once he loses Iniesta and the core players (Pique, Busi, Alba, Messi, Suarez basically) grow even older, there's a good chance we'll play worse, especially considering that the new signings haven't really shone under Valverde. Even Umtiti played like crap for a few months.

Only way I could see this working with Valverde is if we somehow sign Griezmann and another key player like Eriksen, or some similar galactico signings like that, buy only certified starters and world class players (arguably). Basically rebuild most of our team with hundreds of millions worth of signings. PSG model basically, only without oil money. In this case yes, a manager like Valverde can make it, including CL, much like Lucho knew how to set up a team with very very few flaws if any like that 14-15 Barca. Arhur, Alena, Mina these aren't the players Valverde likes, nor the players that are very likely to explode under his wing, because he's just not the kind of manager to inspire young players.

Last edited:

henias

Makes no sense. None of them are managing the 2 top clubs of Europe and if Klopp wins the CL, is he going to be considered better than all of them?

Bottling a 4-1 lead to Roma is not on the list in any of them except Emery.

And you just admitted Madrid plays offensive football and has a 3rd CL in hand.

Except all these "big boys" have been absolutely batted by Madrid in recent years.

Unless you consider Roma as a European giant, none of this bullshit makes any sense.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Makes no sense. None of them are managing the 2 top clubs of Europe and if Klopp wins the CL, is he going to be considered better than all of them?

Bottling a 4-1 lead to Roma is not on the list in any of them except Emery.

And you just admitted Madrid plays offensive football and has a 3rd CL in hand.

Except all these "big boys" have been absolutely batted by Madrid in recent years.

Unless you consider Roma as a European giant, none of this bullshit makes any sense.

You make no sense. Genuinenly, I don't understand what you are responding to.

henias

What is bullshit and contradicts what?

Are you capable of forming coherent sentences?

You probably dont even realise it. It's okay, keep living in your bubble. Gonna see the same old bullshit again next season. Good to see you crawling out of your cave.

henias

I don't even know why you are attacking me. lmao

Great way to try and avoid the subject. I explained it to you and you acted dumb so if you cant understand then dont play victim.

Will see the same shit again that makes no logical sense. The irony.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Shit like Roma doesn't really just happen.

Perhaps it did 15 years ago, but not now.

Valverde got a lot to improve, but I fear he might be out of his depth in the CL like Emery.

Although the players surely take some blame too.

Home of Barca Fans