Ernesto Valverde - V1

raskolnikov

Same senior players that complain are the same guys who give voice to renewing him because he makes life at barca very comfortable for them. He is the ideal short term focussed yes man for the board and the players so they dont mind him staying. We suffer because of it.

viper76

The only way to force this clown out of the team is for the players to rebal against him but we know this is not going to happen withot a ture and strong leader in the team.

If he carry on cotching the team for another year we will be surely Milan 2.0.

George_Costanza

EV is either stupid af or a slave to the seniors, i think it could be a mixture of both but looking at his time in Bilbao, more the latter.

in defence of Ernie, it seems the board don't do well consulting him on who they buy. I doubt Coutinho was on EVs wishlist and Malcom we know certainly wasnt. the board can pull off these 'exciting' transfers but they leave the manager trying to fit them all in a line up/formation that CANNOT be changed because we have entitled players Messi-Suarez who must play every game they are available despite age/needing rest.

EV wanted Willian and yes hes not Barca quality but the board have to realize the manager is the one observing the team so he should know best regarding what we actually need. now we are left with Messi at RW, Dembele's favoured position is RW, Malcom prefers RW and no natural LW.. so we have to waste Dembele there, Willian atleast imo would of been more capable of playing LW than say Coutinho or Malcom.

the result in all this is 160mil Coutinho on the bench, 120mil Dembele not playing in his favoured position and Messi a false RW all over the pitch. the right side with Bob has no natural RB with no support from a RW cause Messi is absent. Semedo was getting slated for passing back and not attacking enough until we saw him on that rightside combo with Dembele at RW.

This would be true if we have a manager who has clear ideas, tactics and footballing philosophy. After more than a year and half I still don't know what type of football we are playing. We are not an attacking team because he like dos tres DMs, and we are not a defensive team because we don't have the players for it and we are leaking so many goals. I know he tries to play a bit of Mourinho but he isn't succeeding at it and Barcelona is not the team to turn it into Catenaccio.

Dembele favorite position is LW although he can play RW as good as LW. We got a better player than Willian who can play RW Malcom. He really shouldn't complain, it's not like he managed Willian before and he is certain that Willian can do things others can't. After all, we are talking about an average player here for god sake, not a world beater.

The board has an obligation beyond the sporing project, hence, buying a player like Coutinho for his marketing potential. Maybe EV didn't ask for him but which coach can say no to a WC player to be at his disposal? Only narrow-minded with limited coaching abilities won't get something out of a player like Coutinho.

FCBfan22

This would be true if we have a manager who has clear ideas, tactics and footballing philosophy. After more than a year and half I still don't know what type of football we are playing. We are not an attacking team because he like dos tres DMs, and we are not a defensive team because we don't have the players for it and we are leaking so many goals. I know he tries to play a bit of Mourinho but he isn't succeeding at it and Barcelona is not the team to turn it into Catenaccio.

Dembele favorite position is LW although he can play RW as good as LW. We got a better player than Willian who can play RW Malcom. He really shouldn't complain, it's not like he managed Willian before and he is certain that Willian can do things others can't. After all, we are talking about an average player here for god sake, not a world beater.

The board has an obligation beyond the sporing project, hence, buying a player like Coutinho for his marketing potential. Maybe EV didn't ask for him but which coach can say no to a WC player to be at his disposal? Only narrow-minded with limited coaching abilities won't get something out of a player like Coutinho.

Well, I think Dembele is better at RW (from what I have seen so far). But, he is almost as good on LW.

MTL_Barca

Not surprised the players like him, seems like we have a nice comfort zone at Barca. Players get their juicy long and expensive contracts, start plenty of games no matter how bad they do and Valverde basically does nothing about it.

Valverde isn't the worst coach ever but he is just plain average. Renewing him makes us look like we have zero ambitions to improve as a team or play more "barca style" or the Barto board just has a different definition here because apparently Valverde "excellently represents the FC Barcelona values and our way of understanding football".

Ok maybe they really only did it so the team can work without newspapers bringing up this topic up all the time, which would be fine but i lost hope there tbh, i think they are really just fine with playing like that as long as the results are ok.

Last edited:

serghei

Lol, most students also like teachers who give them easy assignments and big grades for doing jack shit. Doesn't mean those students learn anything in the process.

Morten

While others cant win matches unless they play well, GOATverde get wins no matter how his team is playing, he simply cant stop winning.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Looks like Real don't want Ernesto to get fired - They have decided to hand over a free league to keep his job safe

Kuchi

Him getting the extension deal and than having to push through the Valladolid game was well..shit..shit times ahead, despite having exciting players.

That Ajax team owned real in the 1st half and all i could think about is how far we are from that...oh pep..where art thou??

El Flaco

Says Messi's support to Valverde was one of the main reasons Bartomeu renewed his contract.

[tw]1096336242801893377[/tw]

Givenchy

well we'll see this week if Messi's speech meant anything. the seniors cant blame anyone but themselves if it goes tits up this year

Home of Barca Fans