User Tag List

Page 500 of 500 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500
Results 7,486 to 7,493 of 7493

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not a terrible coach by any means and some of his ideas he talked about such as keeping control and stuff did remind me of Barca.

But his rigid conservative style of managing is not the right fit for this team, especially long term. It's why I find it baffling that Barto wants to keep Valverde long term going by his interview on El Transistor (Onda Cero).

I just can't see him being the man to help transition away from the likes of Pique, Suarez, Rakitic, Alba, Busi etc and start grooming potential successors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucho was hated here like hell.

But Lucho was a better coach which made us play better football.
    Also he had more character.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kollegah View Post
    Lucho was hated here like hell.

But Lucho was a better coach which made us play better football.
    Also he had more character.
    I didn't like Lucho but he is undoubtedly better manager than Valverde.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People hated on Lucho only in his last season. And there are perfectly good reasons for that.

BTW When Valverde makes a comeback like Lucho's PSG, most of the hatred against him will disappear . But he kinda did the opposite with Roma ...
    Last edited by pepi; Yesterday at 08:44 AM.
    "Football is simple... you just need to have the right mentality, fighting in every game, in every practice and for every ball." Hristo Stoichkov

powered by;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan Puyol View Post
    Yeah! 3-0 against Juve and 3-0 against Chelsea (which Guardiola never beat) is not good matches...Huh ! Valverde is very good manager. The problem is Bartomeu who sold our stars every summer and never buy top class players (exc. only Coutinho). So Valverde made double and beat Chelsea and Juve 3-0 with way way weaker team, than Guardiola's Barca, when we had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Dani Alves, Abidal, David Villa e.t.c.
    Yes, because it was the same Chelsea team

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Lucho our midfield was absolute disaster, and midfield is the thing that Barca relies on the most, it was crazy how that team managed to create only 1 chance in 2 legs against Juve, everyone have figured out how we play from the back so they just pressed us and we were exposed, it reminds me of EV a lot, I just don't see what the plan is, for managers like Pep/Klopp/Sarri you can immediately see what kind of style they are going for, but under EV its just all about defending and giving the ball to Messi, I don't see any style, any chemistry, we looked so lifeless at the start of the game against PSV it was despressing.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone with half brain knows that if things look stale you have to inject new blood. Either 1 or two players as new starters or just temporarily to shock the old guard and inject new motivation.

Valverde is not just out of ideas re tactics, he doesn't know how to utilise these simple things to improve the spirit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add on to your post Bojan, I think the worst part is it seems there are some players in this squad that can underperform and not really be held accountable due to past reputation.

Not really encouraging to the younger players in the squad that no matter how hard you try in training and how well you do in the small game time you get to impress you will still be forced to sit in the stands or on the bench and watch players such as Suarez and Pique struggle even against some of the weakest teams in the League or CL.

Which is one of the things that pisses me off is it feels like Valverde doesn't have much authority on players because he fears of the possible backlash in the locker room.