Ernesto Valverde - V1

Zidane82

Valverde doesn't exactly fill me with confidence ..

"PSV like to control the play and I can’t see that changing for the sake of a single game.”

Danic

Even the co commentar said our style has become a bit "boring" under valverde. Often everything too slow and static.

Laplacian

I don't want this to sound like an insult to PSV, but even against them we're slow and lethargic - void of ideas and very little off the ball movement. We're not winning the CL this year either.

Capitan Puyol

Yeah! 3-0 against Juve and 3-0 against Chelsea (which Guardiola never beat) is not good matches...Huh ! Valverde is very good manager. The problem is Bartomeu who sold our stars every summer and never buy top class players (exc. only Coutinho). So Valverde made double and beat Chelsea and Juve 3-0 with way way weaker team, than Guardiola's Barca, when we had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Dani Alves, Abidal, David Villa e.t.c.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Yeah! 3-0 against Juve and 3-0 against Chelsea (which Guardiola never beat) is not good matches...Huh ! Valverde is very good manager. The problem is Bartomeu who sold our stars every summer and never buy top class players (exc. only Coutinho). So Valverde made double and beat Chelsea and Juve 3-0 with way way weaker team, than Guardiola's Barca, when we had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Dani Alves, Abidal, David Villa e.t.c.

WTF? :facepalm: If there is a ban for a stupid post you should be banned for life.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Despite the four goals today we were very underwhelming.

We are relying so much on individual quality with a team that is very well capable of doing much more than what we have shown. I mean it's great we have Coutinho, Dembele, Messi etc stepping up we cannot keep relying so much on them to win games.

We aren't going to get for in the CL if we are playing like this. We have got to do better than this.

Cule4life

The Culest
Paging Valverde fans. A penny for your thoughts except "muh results"? Surely you can't be happy with Valverde's plan of giving Messi the ball and praying he pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Any tom dick and harry can do that with our squad.

Capitan Puyol

The problem is Bartomeu and co who ruined Barca last years, not the manager which name is pointless - Luis Enrique,Valverde e.t.c. Under Guardiola we had stars in every position and every summer Laporta/Rossel have made transfers of top players ! Bartomeu is total CRAP !

serghei

We will crash in March-April. Individual brilliance can last only so long

It's been proven time and time again that in the bigger games, stars won't have as great performances as in the games against the smaller teams. I mean it's easy logic. The harder the opponent, the harder it is for one player to make a difference. In the big games, where every team has quality players, the side with the best plan and the most intensity on the night will win on average.

Now, it's great Messi scored a hattrick today. But it's also true he hasn't scored in 5 years in a quarter final. And it's not really normal to ask one player to be the difference maker every time. He can't do it. It's been proven, time and time again, but we still manage to hire clowns who act like they've been born yesterday and haven't learned anything.

Last edited:

fergus90

He spits out the same speech before every game about how dangerous the opposition are.
Luckily we have fantastic individual players because we are sterile in play style.

Home of Barca Fans