Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

I want to see him put more effort into the coaching side of things in regards to the younger players.

Instead of being scared and defaulting to the older players to bail him out. Problem is that even some of these older players are struggling these days like Suarez and Pique.

GOAT_SUAREZ

I want to see him put more effort into the coaching side of things in regards to the younger players.

Instead of being scared and defaulting to the older players to bail him out. Problem is that even some of these older players are struggling these days like Suarez and Pique.

He has to bench Suárez to be taken seriously.

soul24rage

If we are going to play a 433 from now on, I think this is our best 11

Mats---Bob, Pique, Umtiti, Alba---Rafinha, Busi, Arthur---Messi, Suarez, Coutinho

I love both Rakitic and Dembele, but their best positions in this formation is where Busi and Messi are respectively.
Or put Messi as false 9 and put Dembele in for Suarez as a RW.

khaled_a_d

Slow pace and bad decision to bench Coutinho.
Can understand the temptation to try to make Messi RW again since we know that if it happens it is the best version of the team but hope he won't stick to it.

But there are much better off the ball movements now, especially in 2nd half,attackers found each others and moved between the lines much better than last year, this is very encouraging considering it is start of the season

xXKonan

He has to bench Suárez to be taken seriously.
I want to see Valverde rebuild the XI and instead of just relying on Lucho's XI.

Yeah I get that our options during Valverde's first season weren't great but this season it's the best time to do it. We have Coutinho,Dembele,Arthur,Lenglet,Malcom,Vidal etc as brand new options. If there's guys who have at least be around since the Lucho era that cannot press like they use to or if their off ball movement isn't good enough then you should look to correct that and see if the new options can do it.

Right now Valverde isn't giving me confidence in that regard.

jairzinho

Seems like his plan is to be as safe and defensive as possible and hope that Messi produces some magic. Other than that, he offers nothing else tactically.

Last edited:

Total-Football

what i fail to understand is not reincarnating his set up from last season in games.. its the lack of any intent of experimenting whatsover.. you have the camp where old messi still scores hatricks for fun, you play vs small teams that s a perfect laboratory for experiments.. drop one of buskets rakitic and pair the other with arthur and see where it goes if you substitue muscle and safety with agility and some creativity.. try to play without suarez and play the trident malcom,messi,dembele.. that is an extreamly interesting attack that has enormous speed, agility, inteligence. hell what the fuck.. drop buskets and rakitic and play vidal-coutinho-arthur.. you are going to win your three fucking points but you are going to unearth some new ideas that may come up pretty handy when push comes to shove.
honestly the fact that he is not diving the fanbase about his negative ultra conservatisme tells you everything there to know.

Last edited:

xXKonan

It's interesting going back to his interview about what he wanted to bring.

He talks about how we shouldn't ignore La Masia and he also talked about how we shouldn't be relying so much on Messi to do everything. Fast Forward through last season up until now and yeah...

He wants a team that can control the game and be good defensively. It reminds me a lot like Van Gaal's United. The team can keep possession and defensively look stable for all things considered but overall it felt ridgid as hell that it required individual brilliance in order to win games.

We have a good group of players now and a really good group of players in the B team as well. It's up to Valverde to actually use them correctly and instead of trying to shoe-horn in certain players and playing them out of position to accommodate said players.

Barcilliant

What a fraud this man is!

We face Alaves at home and this man is scared to concede 😂.

Slow shit midfield with Roberto, Rakitic and Busquets.

Scared to bench his man crush Suarez.

No real game plan to break the bus. Just pass to Messi and pray.

As usual his scape goats are Semedo and Dembele in that order.

He brings nothing to the job. All of us can see the speed of movement on and off the ball are an issue.

Cl fail again.

Icarium

Lifestealer
His comments about first half having a right defensive mindset says it all really. We are Barcelona playing against Alaves at Camp Nou why do we need a defensive mindset. Just attack not stop get goals and thrash the team. The fans deserve a good match with lot of goals not some conservative football.

Devils

CL is going to be a big problem is Valverde doesn't learn from last season.

You can't win the CL by playing such low tempo football. Nobody does that.

henias

:lol:

EV is pretty fucking far from perfect, but Jesus Christ you guys are laughable.

No one said he needs to be perfect. Problem is he never learn.

In any case, if he never learns and it bites him back, we gain nothing from it and he may not retain his position next season. He's the one losing out, not us. If anything we are helping him.

But so be it, if he remains the same way and keeps trying to recreate Lucho's tactics then I'm very sure we will struggle this season. Without a doubt.

Obviously, we can deceive ourselves and try to be positive as possible. But looking at the game, we are all over the place.

Home of Barca Fans