User Tag List

Page 594 of 611 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 9165

Thread: Retardo Valverde

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EV masterclass since Messi got injured. Team has looked really good minus Rayo.

:wow:

GOATverde setting up a comeback in 2019. Like return of the Jedi or some shit like that.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real test comes in KO stages of CL. How will we react and respond when against the ropes.

His development aspect of coaching is terrible. Semedo, Dembele, Paco, Malcom... he has a way of alienating his players and crushing souls. It's annoying.

The only player I could truly see him trying with was Gomes. That one I give him credit for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a charismatic, aggressive, tactical mastermind, and someone who believes in academy and youth player development through inspiration and motivation...

In step Xavier Hernandez Creus

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seeing this image all over twitter

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Arthur, then Malcom.

Valverde genuinely pissed to be proven wrong by his less favored players.
    On whether or not we'll get 50m for Paulinho

Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Want to bet a silly profile pic? Loser has to have (a happy) Paulinho-pic for half a year?
    I'm quite sure they will pay already this January, so I'm happy to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raki13 View Post
    Gladly , not a chance we are getting anywhere near that after a year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this discount 2018 mourinho has the ego of 2010 mourinho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 4 clean sheets in 15 games, despite having more 'balance'.

#BartomeuDimiteYa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jairzinho View Post
    Only 4 clean sheets in 15 games, despite having more 'balance'.
    Inb4 Valverde fans claim we'd have lesser clean sheets without his garbage team selection and rotation
    Every single fan who have once chanted my name at Camp Nou. I've loved every minute of fighting for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to sound wimbsical because I can't remember any details other than "Arsene Wenger" (and I am not even 100% sure he was the manager).

But I remember a story from the early 2000's about a player who kept getting subbed off after 60/70 minutes by his manager. Frustrated he asked the manager why he never lets him stay on but leaves other players.

The manager turmed around and pulled up some stats explaining how much his output dropped on the pitch for the last 20 minutes compared to the others. The player said he said nothing more and worked his ass to improve his conditioning.

This is from the early 2000s. I remember it being Wenger with possibly Ljungberg or Pires.

The point is with data (and this is the big data era) Valverde can explain and give reason to earlier subs for certain players and rotations. There is no excuse for not having a more economical approach to squad management, and I cant imagine a team like Barcelona not having someone within the coaching team who is focused on crunching the performance numbers- so that we can intelligently peak and rotate.

Valverde is on a good run now and is slowly showing signs of change, Arthur has instantly adapted and Malcom gave a cameo that showed that there are no excuses to not have a start before. But these moves should have already been by design and structure.
    Last edited by Porque; 9th November 2018 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What some other user recently saud is true. His subs seem predetermined.
    Coutinho/Dembele/Arthur always get subbed while Suarez/Busi/Rakitic/Messi play ever match 90 minutes. This shows he favours or cant sub the senior players which makes that he sometimes doesnt do what is needed for the natch. Against Rayo both Rakitic and Busquets were terrible but he subbed Arthur anyway.
    His rotations/subs/developing players all have been terrible thus far unfortunately.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
    The real test comes in KO stages of CL. How will we react and respond when against the ropes.

His development aspect of coaching is terrible. Semedo, Dembele, Paco, Malcom... he has a way of alienating his players and crushing souls. It's annoying.

The only player I could truly see him trying with was Gomes. That one I give him credit for.
    About paco, he was called a flop from most of zhe fans here, i wouldnt blame valverde on this one, its really hard to succed in barca, paco just didnt have it, now he is destroying in dortmund because there he isnt feeling any pressure like in barca where its not enough to be great player but also its about mentality

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    About paco, he was called a flop from most of zhe fans here, i wouldnt blame valverde on this one, its really hard to succed in barca, paco just didnt have it, now he is destroying in dortmund because there he isnt feeling any pressure like in barca where its not enough to be great player but also its about mentality
    Paco couldn't have possibly made it here, and he was too good of a player to be a bench option. MSN were almost never rotated. There was never any clear idea of an attacking trio involving Paco. MSN played whenever they were available almost.
    Last edited by serghei; 9th November 2018 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the club wants Valverde to renew its contract until 2020.
    https://twitter.com/barcacentre/stat...573577216?s=19

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim4 View Post
    the club wants Valverde to renew its contract until 2020.
    https://twitter.com/barcacentre/stat...573577216?s=19
    Must be popular with the players.