Ernesto Valverde - V1

Mido

>Says we don't need control now that Xavi/Iniesta left

>Says we need an Iniesta replacement

>Says Arthur can't lace Iniesta's shoes but Rakitic and Coutinho can.

The only thing that's been on fire in regards to Coutinho is his Barca career.

Barca is not suited for 4-4-2. Roma match left no doubt about that to non Valverdistas

Arthur is a very promising talent. Even though he may not end up matching Iniesta's career but he has a heck of a lot more potential than chronically depressed Coutinho and bang average Rakitic.

You are grasping at straws to defend Raki and Cou while slamming Arthur who has outperformed them by miles. Are you sure you're not related to Valverde? I would get in touch with Finding Your Roots if i were you.

Your idiotic behavior and comments do not deserve a polite and thought answer from my part. Good luck for the future, you seem to need some ...

Cule4life

The Culest
Your idiotic behavior and comments do not deserve a polite and thought answer from my part. Good luck for the future, you seem to need some ...

black-kettle.jpg

TrueCule

EV is doing a great job so far in the season despite the team not playing so well in La Liga. What matters is that we're winning matches and grinding points. We're 7 points ahead od ATM and 9 points ahead of Real, which probably already sealed La Liga in February. That's great because now we'll be able to fully focus on the CL knockout matches and use our B squad in La Liga matches. EV has my full trust and I believe that we can even win the treble this season. We will grow as the season will come closer to an end. I remember Real always did like that in the last 3 seasons. They were shite at the start of the season and then just exploded in the Spring. I believe we can follow this trend too.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
EV is doing a great job so far in the season despite the team not playing so well in La Liga. What matters is that we're winning matches and grinding points. We're 7 points ahead od ATM and 9 points ahead of Real, which probably already sealed La Liga in February. That's great because now we'll be able to fully focus on the CL knockout matches and use our B squad in La Liga matches. EV has my full trust and I believe that we can even win the treble this season. We will grow as the season will come closer to an end. I remember Real always did like that in the last 3 seasons. They were shite at the start of the season and then just exploded in the Spring. I believe we can follow this trend too.

Not trying to shittalk , but is this a copypasta from r/barca ?

FCBfan22

We have a trend too, you know. We always shrivel like a flower without water in March/April. It's been like this for 3 seasons.

TrueCule

We have a trend too, you know. We always shrivel like a flower without water in March/April. It's been like this for 3 seasons.

That's not expected to happen this season though. I believe Ernier learned his lesson from last season. That's why I'm optimistic about our chances this season.

xXKonan

Kinda surprised about Mido's posts.

Back during the treble season, he persisted in the idea we should keep playing Xavi because he gave us so much control despite his not having the legs to play most games as he used to. Now that we do have CM who can control games like Xavi use to do, he doesn't want him as a starter.

No one will be like Xavi, but Arthur is currently the only CM we have that can play that role and he has done a good job as well.

i_bleed_blaugrana

To cut a (very) long story short, I would suggest we should, for the remaining games of this season, evolve around and offensive 4-4-2 that could switch to a 4-3-3 and bank on experience :

-----Suarez---------Messi--------
-Coutinho---------------Dembélé
---------Rakitic-----Busquets----
-Alba----------------------Roberto
-------Lenglet---------Piqué------
---------------Ter Stegen---------

You do realized that this is pretty much 100% what EV is currently doing when we are in our off the ball shape, correct? I am struggling to see any new suggestion in this line-up at all with what EV is doing currently.

We should never play with a double-pivot imho, plain and simple. It never suits our style, it leaves acres of space when we do move forward for the other team to counter us and in terms of providing defensive cover, I'd argue that different formations would allow us to do that but with better options for us going forward.

Our formation should be some sort of variation on a 4-3-3 (false 9 or true 9) and honestly, I really want us to utilize a 3-4-3 more. I've never quite understood why EV has never tried this tactically, as it would give us all of the same things he likes about a double-pivot 4-4-2 but would allow our attacking game to not be stifled. Just about everything you named that would beneficial in the formation you proposed, I'd argue you'd accomplish the same thing with a 3-4-3.

Home of Barca Fans