Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zidane comfortable using Asensio, Vasquez and Kovacic in a CL game against Bayern.

Valverde afraid to use Dembélé and Semedo in La Liga

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Zidane has class, has to be said. Coward Valverde is from a different league, at least in CL.

Starting to become my favourite manager. Plays attacking football , great player management , knows how to use young players and he commands alot of respect

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zidane has class, has to be said. Coward Valverde is from a different league, at least in CL.

Zidane commands respect from every player and I think it's also the time for people to stop overlooking his ability. Sure they suck in the league this season, but they won it last year with the CL and he manages to get the best out of his players, even the younger ones. He got the cojones to play Vasquez in a CL match against Bayern, dropping Benzema and Bale.

Can you imagine Valverde dropping Suarez? No chance. We don't only need a tactically aware manager that got the guts to attack, but also someone that commands the respect of the players and takes no BS, and unfortunately I cannot see us finding someone like that.

It's a pity Puyol didn't decide to coach.

Barcilliant

What is amusing is the fact that we have spent so much money compared to Real Madrid. Everyone thought of Real Madrid as a club that overspend and underachieves yet we have managed to become that type of club.

xXKonan

Zidane comfortable using Asensio, Vasquez and Kovacic in a CL game against Bayern.

Remember the arguments on how Valverde knows best when it came to Semedo and Dembele?

Just because the man is the manager doesn't mean he's always correct. It astounds me that Suarez himself can get free passes for being complete dog wank while the likes of Dembele and Semedo don't have the best games get sent to the bench.

I just don't get it. It's the same with Roberto as well, he's been poor compared to the first half of the season but he still basically gets a free pass by Valverde.

Devils

This was Zidane's quote going into Munich today:

Zidane: "We are not going to s**t in our pants, there is no such thing. We like to play these games, are emotionally well, and we are prepared to play a great game."

Valverde going into Rome:

Valverde: "The tie is not over, I know very well that Roma can make a comeback".

See, it's little things like this that make me have HUGE doubts over this guy managing us next season even though he has basically won the domestic double. I have never had such little confidence in giving a manager another season.

George_Costanza

Zidane is using black magic, the secret info is he has spent 6 months in Solitude in N. Africa before he became an assistant manager, and learned the system of powerful magic of Abramelin.

KingLeo10

on course to surpass Sir alex ferguson, jupp heynckes, pep guardiola, arrigo sacchi, and jose mourinho in CL titles. 3 in 3 years of managing. he knows this competition inside out, and as they say fortune favors the bold.

Givenchy

What is amusing is the fact that we have spent so much money compared to Real Madrid. Everyone thought of Real Madrid as a club that overspend and underachieves yet we have managed to become that type of club.

roles reversed, sort of. Madrid will have to spend big in a few seasons though when Modric, Ronaldo and co get older and older. hopefully they blow it all on Neymar

khaled_a_d

While I agree Messi should move more, It's not like that will turn Suarez into a useful player and our slow, turtle like midfield into Liverpool.

It would help, massively

Messi was immobile vs Roma but I think the worst case I have seen in the last couple of years was when we were playing Atletico in the CL during the 2015/16 season at the Calderon all Messi did was stand in a small area of the pitch and did not move much at all.

I remember being frustrated as hell about that as we didn't know if he was injured or just lazy then. :lol:

It has been going on for a while, Messi has been resting during games for almost half a decade now, it is his way of resting his body and he is convinced with it.
At the moment he doesn't realize he need an actual rest rather than bad habits. he need to start accepting to rest full 90 minutes couple of times every month to keep it fresh at the end.
At this rate I am starting to think he has 2 years at high level and probably after third he will follow Iniesta steps. Sad honestly

I hate to break it for you, but Zidane is probably the best football coach since 2011. It is sad for us and difficult to admit but it is clear atm.
Not fair to compare any coach to him, will be like comparing coaches to Pep during 08/11 run

Raketa10

Well to sum it up. Zidane has balls and he was a world class player. On the other side Valverde has no balls and his biggest achievement was winning Superleague Greece. It's not Valverdes fault, he is doing best he can this is 100% fault of our management who thought that Valverede is a perfect man for the job. :facepalm:

We have no problem spending 40 mil for Gomes but we are cheap when it comes to paying a world class manager. Also we are obsessed that every manager has to talk perfect Spanish and that's a huge problem. If that's one of your main criteria you immediately narrow your possibility of choices.

Home of Barca Fans