Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

This is sort of similar to Luchos start. We win games unconvincingly and have no real identity. Lots of rotation, some surprising selection etc.

Difference is we had Neymar, younger Iniesta and Rakitic didn't look like a senior citizen.

jlim632

Chill people... We still have dembele which seems very forgotten due to his injuries. Give him time to prove himself.

I don't agree with his comments that we need a small number of players. We need as many players as we can get to play 3 competitions.

Football nowdays is played with 22 quality players, not 11.

I'm still not gonna say much about him as a coach, b.c I do think he will need time to adapt to the players and the competitions.

Nothanks

we are currently without rafinha, arda turan and paco even touching the first team, gomes playing like 10 odd minutes per game

and all rotation minus maybe iniesta's have been good..
so i agree with him, if we sold off the deadweight all we really need is a versatile forward, a coutinho type of midfield, not a huge overhaul

Xaviniesta

I know it's only been a month, but so far, I'm not impressed with the football we are playing considering the weak opposition we faced

raki

October has 4 difficult away games. A real test for our team.
Atleti, Bilbao, Juve and Valencia.

Also Sevilla at home.

xXKonan

I hope Valverde plays Arda - Rakitic - Mascherano midfield in 4-3-3 and Roberto as RB.
tenor.gif

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What the fuck man..... Why Gomes of all in the wide role! He hasn't got the technique, nor the pace nor can he even pass!!

"They grown the grass 10 feet, they are playing home and will park the bus, they are also many points behind"
" what should we do?"
Valverde: " i know! Let us play like its us who need the 3 points and not them"

This moral superiority b.s is ruinning barca

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What the fuck man..... Why Gomes of all in the wide role! He hasn't got the technique, nor the pace nor can he even pass!!
+

Good subs though. Gomes done better in the mid field. Hope he never ever starts Rakitic again. Sell his lazy ass in January for all I care. Rakitic needs to get the Arda-Paco treatment tbh

Richard.H

Needs to reevaluate the lineups. Very questionable selections. Putting Gomes at RW wasn't a good idea. Gomes should be the Raki replacement. Heck, any of Gomes, Denis, or Roberto could be his permanent replacement.

xXKonan

I don't get this obsession by him to play Rakitic even though he's been awful for a long time now.

It's borderline stubborn like what Lucho use to do with Gomes last season. Just persisted with him even though he was clearly struggling.

Home of Barca Fans