Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

I can't see Valverde losing it like Tata did not by a longshot.

What happened this summer and the disastrous Supercup we had and losing Dembele to a pretty bad injury early on, it's real easy for any manager to look at that and struggle to overcome those issues. and tbh I would feel sorry for anyone who had to deal with the mess that happened.

Valverde despite all those issues we have had, he never let them affect him in the slightest. He was also vocal himself this summer in wanting more players, but even if we failed to bring him the players he requested and instead of being frustrated about it he decided to work with what he got.

Sure we all have complained about his squad selections and the footy being flat at times this season but if there's one thing I respect Valverde for is he never lost his cool and didn't let the issues that we had this summer not only affect him but also kept the squad from also being affected big time.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
"And just kept on going, and going... to the point his side are 14 points clear at the top"

I know to many La Liga consist of only Barca and Real, but this is taking it a bit too far no?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"And just kept on going, and going... to the point his side are 14 points clear at the top"

I know to many La Liga consist of only Barca and Real, but this is taking it a bit too far no?

Yep. It's 9 points ahead of Atletico who are going to be stronger for Costa.

xXKonan

Yeah people seem to forget about Atletico,Valencia etc.

Even if Real is struggling this season in the league, you can never count the likes of Atletico and Valencia out either. Even Valverde made note of that that people forget about Atletico and the others a bit to much as they can cause problems as well.

JamDav1982

Even if Real is struggling this season in the league, you can never count the likes of Atletico and Valencia out either. Even Valverde made note of that that people forget about Atletico and the others a bit to much as they can cause problems as well.

Valencia have no chance and Atletico dont really either.

As long as players act like that then its all good.

Horatio

You're welcome

Don't see the point of worriying about Atletico as they have been in the race for La Liga last couple of seasons. We usually have less than a 9 point lead on Real by this point of the season. Now it's on Atletico. If anything, Real closing in on us rather than Atletico is still more likely.

FinBarcelonafan

Don't see the point of worriying about Atletico as they have been in the race for La Liga last couple of seasons. We usually have less than a 9 point lead on Real by this point of the season. Now it's on Atletico. If anything, Real closing in on us rather than Atletico is still more likely.

Costa joining Atletico scares me. He is type of player who can set a team on fire, but at the same time we have to remember: Atletico has played two home games vs Real and Barcelona, so they have away games left. Basically they need to win those games to have any chance catching us imo. Valencia could be threat, but it's more likely they will slowdown in the second half of the season.

blaug

Costa is going to be playing after 6 months. He is most likely going to have some trouble getting into rhythm and by the time he does, we will be out of sight.

Horatio

You're welcome
Costa joining Atletico scares me. He is type of player who can set a team on fire, but at the same time we have to remember: Atletico has played two home games vs Real and Barcelona, so they have away games left. Basically they need to win those games to have any chance catching us imo. Valencia could be threat, but it's more likely they will slowdown in the second half of the season.

Costa will strengthen the team can't deny that, but not enough to convince me they will stop dropping points all of sudden. It's possible sure, but not very probable.

blaug also made the fair point about Costa's situation.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Costa will strengthen the team can't deny that, but not enough to convince me they will stop dropping points all of sudden. It's possible sure, but not very probable.

blaug also made the fair point about Costa's situation.

You are posting sober at 6AM on your birthday. :thinking:

Home of Barca Fans