Ernesto Valverde - V1

aaron101

My feeling with Valverde is getting better and better.
I think we are heading in the right direction!

He wanted to give everyone a chance in the first half of the season and now he is cleaning up.
He wants a small squad and I am sure he will use B players like Arnaiz and Alena more often now. I am really excited.

The board seems to get some decisions right. Now I hope we can complete those sales of Arda, Vidal, Deulofeu, Masche amd Rafinha (loan) and in the summer let's get Griezmann and one/two young CM (Arthur/Aouar/Goretzka) and a young CB (De Ligt).

Visca el Barca!!

Are we still able to accommodate another non-EU player in Arthur this summer transfer window? (We just got Coutinho and soon to be announced Yerry Mina who both don't have EU passports.)

xXKonan

Going by the rumors of some players leaving this window and his squad list so far, it seems like he used the first half of the season to gauge the likes of Arda,Deulo,Vidal,Paco etc and made his final assessment. Arda,Deulofeu,Vidal failed to convince him by the looks of it and will leave. He doesn't seem to rate Rafinha either and Denis's is currently sliding as well.

Paco earned himself a spot for this season and it seems Gomes is on Valverde's good side as well. Seems like Valverde is now going to use the likes of Arnaiz and Alena more often as replacements to go along with Coutinho and Dembele.

On paper, I think we can challenge for the CL with Dembele and Coutinho (who will give Iniesta some much needed rest in La Liga) coming in. We have the best defense in Europe, the best GK atm aside from maybe De Gea, and a midfield and attack that can now be competitive assuming Iniesta's minutes are managed properly and Dembele performs. It won't be that spectacular like Pep's teams or even the 2015 team, but we can win it.

Still wouldn't fancy us against City though. And I still think PSG's attack is strong enough to beat our defense.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:valverde: equalled :pep: longest unbeaten streak (28 games) at the helm of Barcelona on Thursday with the 5-0 win over Celta Vigo.

:lucho2: has the record at 39

Home of Barca Fans