Ernesto Valverde - V1

Messi should leave Barca if they dont win the CL this season. He is wasting his last good years here. I mean we have probably the best football player in the history of this sport and only managed to win 1 Cl in 7 years. While Real Madrid with Ronaldo won 4 in 5 years.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Can’t believe we renewed him. Not even him surviving another Roma in the CL would surprise me at this point. Joke of a club.

Neeraj

I might give up my season ticket next year. Considering that my next year will most likely my last year in Barcelona, this news is pretty hard to digest for me. Unbelievable. All I was clinging on to was that next year I wouldn't have to see this fraud's face, but as we know it, the real frauds are sitting higher up in the club.

Despicable.

El Gato

Villarato!
Zidane took hold of an already assembled world-class team. He didn't formulate his own style, I still don't know what's his footballing philosophy to call him a great manager. I won't call him a tactician and he is extremely stubborn at times. His biggest merit was his understanding of his player's mind and how he manages them. To put him next to Conte is a compliment.

Don't need to reinvent tactics to be a great manager.

PhilS

Valverde has done better developing the young players and squad depth this year than last year. In particular, the performances from Arthur, Lenglet and recently Dembele have been gratifying. Valverde is now allowing Alena the playing time to develop into an important squad member. Valverde has been able to banish Vidal, Dembele, and Cillessen for various reasons, and then put them in the lineup with good results. Further down the depth chart, Alena, Malcom and Dennis Suarez have done some good work after returning from the bottom of the depth chart. Valverde has learned from last year, the key players have been rested more, even though that has hurt the results.

He has not been able to get Coutinho back into form recently, and we will see what comes of his current attempt to ressurect Vermaelen as the CB depth. Developing adequate backup at LB has certainly failed so far this year. Alena has shown an excellent approach, but is not yet performing at the level of a Barca regular.

Now is the time for this team to rise out of its recent performance lull. They have to get some confidence back by showing better today.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I had to take a look at Barca Reddit to see what they thought about this, and just as I expected, the majority of them are over the moon about his renewal. What a pathetic bubble they live in over there. Incredible. The whole place is like a parody.

El Gato

Villarato!
I had to take a look at Barca Reddit to see what they thought about this, and just as I expected, the majority of them are over the moon about his renewal. What a pathetic bubble they live in over there. Incredible. The whole place is like a parody.

Lol and this forum isn't a bubble and an echo chamber where people sound mostly the same?

henias

That's the problem with Reddit. Any comments that gets its first few dislikes automatically gets a bad reputation and more people will just downvote it till it's hidden. And only the comments with more likes will be shown on top. Hence, you see an extremely one-sided contestation.

The dislikes are what ruining the balance in the comment section, because it always feel as if like you cannot state a different side of opinion for fear you might be downvoted and crucified, especially when it might be hidden. Ultimately, its comments mechanism for a fair conducive discussion is severely flawed.

The Barca reddit chatroom isnt too bad though.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lol and this forum isn't a bubble and an echo chamber where people sound mostly the same?

At least people on here are more realistic and critical. That’s something I’ve barely seen on there. Not that this place is perfect, but it is definitely far better.

El Gato

Villarato!
At least people on here are more realistic and critical. That’s something I’ve barely seen on there. Not that this place is perfect, but it is definitely far better.

Top 5 comments under the Valverde post:

Best stay away/uninstall Twitter for the next 3-4 days.

Even though I'm 50-50 about this decision, Barca Twitter will reach cancer levels soon.

Before he leaves the club, he will have won the CL with us. You've heard it here first :)

Let's fucking go Ernie! Now extend Alba's contract and fix our LB issues please

Glad. I hope he repays the confidence the board has in him. He's adapted a lot, and has improved a lot since last season, contrary to what many will say. There's still a lot to do but I have full faith in him.

Good move!

They can cancel whenever they want, so if the season derails he won't be here. So much worry about nothing by fans.

This move is excellent for future planning. Given the list of players we are signing, clearly we are planning ahead and the board wants to keep discussing with the manager about plans regarding the further seasons. If we didn't know who manages next season, the board won't know whom to discuss the next transfers with.

It also brings in stability in the squad and the manager can now focus on delivering the results the board trusts him to deliver.

What do you think the leading theme between them all is?

xXKonan

[tw]1096845429361266688[/tw]

Not really a fan of the idea of being dismissive of what the fans think of Valverde on social networks like that. Sure there's so fans hatred of the guy that takes it over the top but there are concerns about Valverde's coaching ability for a club like ours.

And the funny thing is with "All that matters is what the Locker room feels" sure that may be true but wait until Valverde decides or has the courage to start phasing out some of the heavyweights. I'd imagine some of those guys would change their tune pretty quick.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I do not want to be that kind of a guy, but I am yet to see a clear attacking pattern under Valverde.

When you watch Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid under Zidane, Juventus, heck even Ajax, all of these teams have a pattern that you'll recognize every game. Of how they build up their attacks. Who it goes through, the tempo they play at, how they can up it and slow it down.

The only pattern at Barca that I can remember under Valverde is Messi dribbling a couple of guys, passing to Alba and running to the box to receive a pass back. Something he and Alba have done for years. Yes, it's more so and better than ever now, but not something new.

Home of Barca Fans