Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcilliant

Just get Allegri in. At the moment he's the only manager who could manage our lazy, entitled aging side.

The players have too much power and it's affecting our performances.

George_Costanza

Just get Allegri in. At the moment he's the only manager who could manage our lazy, entitled aging side.

The players have too much power and it's affecting our performances.

Allegri? Are you kidding me? He is another defensive minded coach that uses double pivot just like Mourinho. We don't go from Valverde a.k.a Mourinho 2.0 to Mourinho 3.0. by tweaking Mourinho's defensive style and adding more press. I would say his passive system is exactly like Valverde with a narrow and compact system of 4-4-2 & 4-2-3-1.

Of course, he is smarter than Valverde but this is not what we want and his style doesn't suit our philosophy just like EV. Also, he is not the one to rebuild the team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde will stay. Double is won, senior players don't have serious qualms with him and he is generally well liked by everyone.

Think he will learn from mistakes he made and we'll improved version next season.

FCBfan22

Valverde will stay. Double is won, senior players don't have serious qualms with him and he is generally well liked by everyone.

Think he will learn from mistakes he made and we'll improved version next season.

Hopefully you are right. Because otherwise, I can see us having another 16/17-like season next year.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I got this feeling that he won't learn and will continue to be a coward and play safe and our next season is wrecked.

Barca has only won UCL once in the last 7 years.

If Roma or RM wins UCL this year, decent chance Valvalde would be gone.

It would be quite a joke if liverpool and Coutinho wins UCL.

Even if Valverde manages to stay, next season would be his last if Barca fails to win UCL again.

KingLeo10

Even if Valverde manages to stay, next season would be his last if Barca fails to win UCL again.

if we're going to use whichever cut points suit our argument, here's one.

madrid have only won 3 CL in the last 15 years.

united have won only 1 CL in the last 18 years.

bayern have won only 2 CL in the last 45 years.

no one's denying the team and manager need MUCH improvement in CL. but these X in Y year stats are stupid. it takes a myriad of factors to win the competition in addition to team quality. what we should be concerned about is the performances.

henias

If he fails next year again, that's it, which I strongly feel will happen again.

Another 2 years of Messi's prime wasted and some of his disgusting fans are willing to sacrifice that just so they can hope this coward of a coach can prove something big.

It just doesn't work that way.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
he will just try to do like this year, he will believe that Roma was just an accident, and try again the same stuff because it gave him the desired results. could have been another UCL Semi and potential Final with domestic titles won.
And also saying that it's all his fault is not true, if you didn't qualify it's because the players did not turn in.

I do not like him because i feel like he is always worried on the bench, that is not a good signal for the players. You need a man to boost the players, valverde will never be that man i believe.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Highly arguable.

Yeah, our other players creating less chances than Marcelo, a LB, and our CF not being able to control the ball, our manager not integrating new signings, employing pussy tactics etc. is all arguable.

Remove Messi from this team and it won't win the league or get past Chelsea in the R16.

His contribution or lack thereof is a problem, but less so than other problems.

Home of Barca Fans