Ernesto Valverde - V1

FinBarcelonafan

You think Barca should rest players v Sevilla and also Leganes the following Saturday?

Must rest:

Busi(injured, so might not even play first leg), Iniesta (we need to get him back to 100%), Roberto (small injury apparently or knock?), Pique (playing with injured knee).

Those are my must rests before Roma games, especially vs Sevilla I wouldn't play those guys. It's a risk, but we have good situation going in LaLiga.

Hopefully Semedo, Vermaelen could play vs Sevilla instead of Roberto and Pique.

FinBarcelonafan

If we want to be conservative, we should rest Messi vs Sevilla. A rested Messi in the CL should be a sight to behold.

I don't think resting Messi is as important as we think. He can walk most of the game and then finish it with few moves.

Everyone needs a good mental break sometimes, though.

FC B

Must rest:

Busi(injured, so might not even play first leg), Iniesta (we need to get him back to 100%), Roberto (small injury apparently or knock?), Pique (playing with injured knee).

Those are my must rests before Roma games, especially vs Sevilla I wouldn't play those guys. It's a risk, but we have good situation going in LaLiga.

Hopefully Semedo, Vermaelen could play vs Sevilla instead of Roberto and Pique.

I'd also rest Messi on top of that.

serghei

NT games are problematic when players has to travel a lot and suffer from jet lag. Our players are gonna stay in Europe and probably play and run way less than they would here in the club.

I mean who do you want us to rest? Pique? well I will second that if Vermaelen is healthy. Alba? may be if he gets ton of minutes in Spain, Busquets? depending on health, if he come back it will be good game to regain game time.
Iniesta? only one I really agree, Suarez? already rested today, Messi? no way after Cr7 scoring fest today. Rakitic? well may be him too depending on minutes.

You just said you'd maybe rest more than half a team.

Iniesta, Busi, and Pique would do. Like the key players in each compartment almost and the ones who have been showing signs of discomfort lately.

khaled_a_d

You just said you'd maybe rest more than half a team.

Iniesta, Busi, and Pique would do. Like the key players in each compartment almost and the ones who have been showing signs of discomfort lately.

No, I said I would rest Pique in the unlikely case that Vermaelen is healthy after international break, Seville away ins't a game for Mina.
Iniesta I would rest if he plays, and Busquets if healthy MUST play. Others only if NT coach decided to go full retard and play them 120+ in international duty. That isn't half of the team by any mean, that would be a player or two depending on our injuries

serghei

No, I said I would rest Pique in the unlikely case that Vermaelen is healthy after international break, Seville away ins't a game for Mina.
Iniesta I would rest if he plays, and Busquets if healthy MUST play. Others only if NT coach decided to go full retard and play them 120+ in international duty. That isn't half of the team by any mean, that would be a player or two depending on our injuries

Seems like no game is for Mina except friendlies. He's played against better teams than Sevilla in his career and did it fine. I think it's time to trust him more. Played pretty well vs Getafe and was probably the best on the pitch vs Espanyol.

JamDav1982

Leganes at home before Roma away on tuesday? Abso-fucking-lutely. More than half a team. Unless we beat Roma 3-0 at home or smth.

Overkill resting too many players in both those games.

Try to beat Sevilla away with decent team then rest some vs Leganes.

khaled_a_d

Seems like no game is for Mina except friendlies. He's played against better teams than Sevilla in his career and did it fine.

Can you name them? Because I can't think there is better club in SA that is better than Seville specially in their home.
NT? Ok you made me put some work here, I can't find a list of his 9 caps but googled through games he played in any of last 2 Copa's and world cup qualifications

Games with NT:
Game in Copa America 2016 against Costa Rica
Game in WC qualifications VS Ecuador (A)
VS Bolivia (H)
VS Chile (H)
VS Uruguay (H)
VS Paraguay (H)
That is 6 out of 9 games he played with NT, I know he played against Cameroon too.
I won't rate any of those tougher than Seville, and 4 of them were at home with team he knew more and was part of it for some time than Barca.

I think it's time to trust him more. Played pretty well vs Getafe and was probably the best on the pitch vs Espanyol.

Getafe didn't attack, and way easier, I am hopeful he will make it here but I don't think that getting his second start here in such game is good idea, he makes a mistake to get our first loss in the season and it will be hell breaking lose for him.

serghei

Can you name them? Because I can't think there is better club in SA that is better than Seville specially in their home.
NT? Ok you made me put some work here, I can't find a list of his 9 caps but googled through games he played in any of last 2 Copa's and world cup qualifications

Games with NT:
Game in Copa America 2016 against Costa Rica
Game in WC qualifications VS Ecuador (A)
VS Bolivia (H)
VS Chile (H)
VS Uruguay (H)
VS Paraguay (H)
That is 6 out of 9 games he played with NT, I know he played against Cameroon too.
I won't rate any of those tougher than Seville, and 4 of them were at home with team he knew more and was part of it for some time than Barca.

Getafe didn't attack, and way easier, I am hopeful he will make it here but I don't think that getting his second start here in such game is good idea, he makes a mistake to get our first loss in the season and it will be hell breaking lose for him.

Sevilla ain't nothing special in La Liga this season. Atletico and Betis scored 5 against them. And they will be playing vs Bayern on tuesday. Don't you think you're making the game a little harder than it is? I'm sure Mina would handle it well if he'd play.

Sevilla lost vs Atletico, lost vs Betis, lost vs Valencia. Received 12 goals at home in these games vs teams of even lower quality than us.

Last edited:

soul24rage

can anyone tell me why we are playing a copa del rey final in april before a potential CL semi?? is it fking tebas again?? the final was always played after the beg of may and we could have possibly used that weekend to rest players before the CL first leg.

Home of Barca Fans