Page 433 of 433 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433
Results 6,481 to 6,485 of 6485

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    It's the style he's familiar with at Bilbao of course. He tries to incorparate a defensive with possession style football, which honestly, I think it doesnt work for Barcelona. Even when Dembele came back frm injury, he was so reluctant to play him because he's too afraid to switch to the 433, because of the temporary success 442 gave against smaller teams and a Madrid side who's doing badly at the start. But then he became obsessesed with it and even trust Andre Gomes more to deliver in big games which obviously is the biggest mystery till today.

He would be forced to make a massive change next season, whether to use Arthur or Rakitic, play Dembele etc. because it's do or die for him. If he continues the same way, and do badly in the CL then he's gone for sure.

Could even argue his formation was more attacking at Bilbao.. He always had the two CDM's but Aduriz up front with Williams RF and Susaeta LF with Raul Garcia behind the striker, generally a 4-2-3-1 with different players.

Crazy how we ended up with more or less a flat 4-4-2 at times, fine for La Liga like you said but awful for big games. Doesn't play to our strengths.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will probably play 4231 this year. at least I want that ) With these players, the most balanced and most logical arrangement is the 4231. Busquets and Arthur (hopefully) in DCM. Dembele and Messi and Coutinho in front of them. But this is just the easiest part. The details and descriptions of the duties of these players is decisive. And that's where the doubts begin to happen about EV.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOATverde back at it.

Ernesto gonna throw some serious shade on the competition this year, they wont want to have any of this smoke.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enaeipourria View Post
    We will probably play 4231 this year. at least I want that ) With these players, the most balanced and most logical arrangement is the 4231. Busquets and Arthur (hopefully) in DCM. Dembele and Messi and Coutinho in front of them. But this is just the easiest part. The details and descriptions of the duties of these players is decisive. And that's where the doubts begin to happen about EV.
    That 4-2-3-1 on paper is actually a 4-4-2 on the field when you think about how the players line up.
    Dembele and Coutinho as the wide players with Busquets and Arthur/Rakitic in the middle. Whatever formation we use, it seems Messi will always play in that zone just off the main striker.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this does not happen. I prefer to see Dembele and Coutinho in LAM and RAM. Not as Wing. I know what you're saying. The two are closer to Messi, the better. Alba and Semedo/Roberto are the best options to cover the area as long as we have the ball.