Ernesto Valverde - V1

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
is there a thumbs down option somewhere. shut up with the brainless dembele defending, he's not worth 100+ millions and never will be! he'd have been a great transfer at 20 mil, but at 120 he is nothing but a failure!

We need a thumbs down option for you.

henias

[tw]997858713091432449[/tw]
This guy, man.

He's a fucking liar and a straight up coward to put it crudely.

"Small squad to use b-team players?" Who the fck is he kidding. Alena didnt even get to see the light of Camp Nou and is constantly kept away for players like Gomes.

His late subs are also hilarious, this guy is just so predictable and monotonous, repeating the same routine week in week out.

FCBfan22

Fucking get a decent sized squad and fucking rotate. Still plenty of chances for B-team. You saw that you killed off the starters stamina-wise twice this season. In the beginning of February and April.

And noone in our team not named Messi should have a guaranteed starting spot. Enough with that bullshit. If someone is in better form, you start him.

BarçaBarça

All in all he really shouldn't have secured this league-title in December. If we were trailing in the league, came from behind and claimed it, he would get more praise, as people would say that it was natural that we didn't perform well during the first 3-4 months due to the chaos in and around the club. Now people got used to the thought of winning the league from the beginning, and therefore the CL-blow hurt way more.

I don't see that he is a visionary who can re-invent this club for the next 5-8 years, but I don't see that he hates youth, new players and so on - I'm not pessimistic for next season.

henias

All in all he really shouldn't have secured this league-title in December. If we were trailing in the league, came from behind and claimed it, he would get more praise, as people would say that it was natural that we didn't perform well during the first 3-4 months due to the chaos in and around the club. Now people got used to the thought of winning the league from the beginning, and therefore the CL-blow hurt way more.

I don't see that he is a visionary who can re-invent this club for the next 5-8 years, but I don't see that he hates youth, new players and so on - I'm not pessimistic for next season.

What are you talking about? He could win all or nothing and people would still want him gone. His management has been atrocious and of course, people like you are blinded by short term results. People like you would also come up with all sorts of excuses next season when he fails to get the results anymore.

Sure he doesnt hate youths but he is someone too scared to even give youths a chance. Yeah I'm truly excited for next season, when his luck starts to run out and competition starts to resume its normality. Real Madrid aint gonna fuck around next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He won't get sacked do đind se well drop that subject. We're not that kind of club.

There's only hoping that he has stuff for his CV now and will grow some balls and learn from mistakes.

Rotate more and give senior players a reality check.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sarri is going to Chelsea. Valverde will have his chance to redeem himself. Let's see how he does.

George_Costanza

Sarri is going to Chelsea

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

BarçaBarça

What are you talking about? He could win all or nothing and people would still want him gone. His management has been atrocious and of course, people like you are blinded by short term results. People like you would also come up with all sorts of excuses next season when he fails to get the results anymore.
Sure he doesnt hate youths but he is someone too scared to even give youths a chance. Yeah I'm truly excited for next season, when his luck starts to run out and competition starts to resume its normality. Real Madrid aint gonna fuck around next season.

At least you are honest here. Results doesn’t matter, it is all about the looks. I think we will compete well next season. Real will be better for sure, Atletico might not be as good as this year, but others can compete as well. We will be in a better place squad-wise and therefore competing at least as well as Real – that is my prediction at least. That is why, opposed to you, I’m worried about all the excuses we are going to hear next year, when the team performs great results again, and people desperately looks for a way to hate him.

Is it going to be that Alena should play at least 1/2 of the matches, while only getting 1/5 of the playing time? :thinking:

Or is it going to be that even though Griezmann and Dembele has exploded goalscoring-wise, that we don’t have enough beautiful passes in the midfield? :thinking:

Or is it going to be that even though it turns out that he doesn’t hate Semedo either, that Denis is still benched, because he is nearly a La Masia-kid? :thinking:

But let us wait and see, it will be sooo fun to follow.

henias

At least you are honest here. Results doesn’t matter, it is all about the looks. I think we will compete well next season. Real will be better for sure, Atletico might not be as good as this year, but others can compete as well. We will be in a better place squad-wise and therefore competing at least as well as Real – that is my prediction at least. That is why, opposed to you, I’m worried about all the excuses we are going to hear next year, when the team performs great results again, and people desperately looks for a way to hate him.

Is it going to be that Alena should play at least 1/2 of the matches, while only getting 1/5 of the playing time? :thinking:

Or is it going to be that even though Griezmann and Dembele has exploded goalscoring-wise, that we don’t have enough beautiful passes in the midfield? :thinking:

Or is it going to be that even though it turns out that he doesn’t hate Semedo either, that Denis is still benched, because he is nearly a La Masia-kid? :thinking:

But let us wait and see, it will be sooo fun to follow.

I'm sorry, we look like complete drab and shit in the late season and are struggling on the pitch. People arent hating for no reason and their concerns are definitely legitimate. The Roma was a wake up call when people just can't seem to care about the problems we have and the lethargy they were shedding on the field.

The same tragedy will happen again next season, if Valverde continues his old ways and being tactically clueless.

Like [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] said, he needs to rotate heavily and be smarter and more adaptable with his subs and will have no more excuses next season like we are in the transitional period or he doesnt have a good squad, so and so forth. He definitely has to give youths a chance, because constantly using the same squad isnt a sustainable solution and we are more likely to burn out. And then some people would blame Messi like he's lazy and a liability in the team. This are some of the very poor excuses people like you will come up with.

Yeah we will wait and see, shows how you have been defending him all this time and then ironically hope he change his ways so you can prove your point.

BarçaBarça

I'm sorry, we look like complete drab and shit in the late season and are struggling on the pitch. People arent hating for no reason and their concerns are definitely legitimate. The Roma was a wake up call when people just can't seem to care about the problems we have and the lethargy they were shedding on the field.

The same tragedy will happen again next season, if Valverde continues his old ways and being tactically clueless.

Like [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] said, he needs to rotate heavily and be smarter and more adaptable with his subs and will have no more excuses next season like we are in the transitional period or he doesnt have a good squad, so and so forth. He definitely has to give youths a chance, because constantly using the same squad isnt a sustainable solution and we are more likely to burn out. And then some people would blame Messi like he's lazy and a liability in the team. This are some of the very poor excuses people like you will come up with.

Yeah we will wait and see, shows how you have been defending him all this time and then ironically hope he change his ways so you can prove your point.

Some concerns are legitimate for sure, but moaning about things in a domestic double season is spoiled, and if you don't realize that, then we need to check our privilege as barcafans.
It is all about expectations: I didn't expect a domestic double before this season - I hoped we wouldn't be humiliated by Real, yet here we are, and therefore I thank Valverde.

As many in here I also hope that some of the grandpas of this team like Suarez, and that is why a love the Griezmann-transfer and argued for it all the way. We should also rotate more - I agree, but I'm not for playing half the Barca-B team every once in a while - some of our youngsters get very overrated because they are La Masia. For example people like Denis (some because they think he is La Masia), but as I see it he doesn't have what it takes - Alena has deserved the playing time going forward way more!

That said, there is some rewriting of history going on as well: The Roma game was humiliating, and the missing subs was unforgivable. But at the beginning of the season Valverde actually changed a lot of games through subs in the second half. Even his worst enemies like Paco was given a fair chance at one point, but injuries ruined it. That is why I feel like he can adapt, and with a better squad, better youthplayers (Alena for Denis) and so on, things look brighter next season. Therefore I'm not so pessimistic as most about him, going into the next season.

And as I have said a lot of times: If Liverpool beat Madrid 5-0 in the final, all of a sudden people will look at Valverdes accomplishments this season in a more positive light, and if Real wins, he will get a lot more shit for the Roma game. You know that is true, although it is completely irrational, and therefore we should weigh the criticism a little from time to time, and remember which perspective we are looking from (for example our club after the supercup-trashing or our accomplishments with/without a CL win to Real).

(For the record, I have never criticized Messi when we were underperforming, like you are suggesting.)

Home of Barca Fans