Ernesto Valverde - V1

Gaudi

When you look at the table everything looks good but many here see the warning signs.
After seeing first 5 minutes of a game I can more or less guess how will we play, yes sometimes things change with magical goal, but more or less you know if we are going to play good or struggle. I know we can't be Atletico and Barca in one team but it's incredible to me that a huge club like Barca is so one dimensional. In those games we look awful. Ok, San Mames is not easy venture but completely unacceptable to have 2 shoots.
We are just waiting to step on a mine, it's sad everyone can see that!

vlad

It looks good because barca is capable of dominating that competition on auto pilot, what else, and considering madrid isnt capable of doing that, atletico cant keep up until the end, you get complete barca domination, nothing on valverde here, but, when it comes to CL competition vs big guns, where you get out of competizion if you dont do well in K. O. matches, players are crumbling under the pressure, and yes, including best player ever, messi, on top of that, you expect coach with his ideas and motivation will help you, not the case with this guy. So reality is going out in quarters and watching your biggest rival picking that trophy like barca copa del rey

Last edited:

George_Costanza

When you look at the table everything looks good but many here see the warning signs.
After seeing first 5 minutes of a game I can more or less guess how will we play, yes sometimes things change with magical goal, but more or less you know if we are going to play good or struggle. I know we can't be Atletico and Barca in one team but it's incredible to me that a huge club like Barca is so one dimensional. In those games we look awful. Ok, San Mames is not easy venture but completely unacceptable to have 2 shoots.
We are just waiting to step on a mine, it's sad everyone can see that!

Everyone can see that but according to Valvarde's apologists, he is the coach so he should know better!

Leo_Messi

To continue the rant against Malmierda in a more fitting thread.

When we have an incompetent coach, what else can be expected. Seniors continue to pick themselves.. In another page someone had posted minutes played so far this season. and Pique`s number 1 on that list despite everyone`s feeling that Rakitic always gets picked. Come on now, there is no reason why Pique should play so much when there are sufficient number of CB`s in our squad and its not like Pique is playing great every game either. Plus we went and got Murillo who has experience with European football.. Yet there he is, yet another of those vacation players...

Been saying the same thing since foerever. It all goes back to the spineless board that is not ruthless enough in its dealings and does not know when or how to say goodbye to seniors in the team and unaware that giving almost every single one of those seniors long contract extensions and pay rises is like shooting yourself in the foot. This mediocrity in terms of the business and sporting side of how to manage a club is also evident in the managerial choice. Malmierda in other words. Another yes-man that has zero guts to do what is right whenever the seniors are underperforming or need a rest. He wanted a CB and a striker but who the hell knows if Murillo or KPB were even "his choices" to begin with? It's just a mess from top to bottom.

Even our entire football philosophy nowadays is to look for Messi nonstop and sit back and wait for him to create some magic. Zero tactical innovation, zero tactical consistency (other than mediocre performances that is) and a toothless and lifeless coach in Malmierda who has the same expression regardless of what occurs most of the time. Which obviously suits the seniors who are running the dressing room and want the same Malmierda to continue for obvious reasons.

The same way how Lucho was pushed out by the same seniors for wanting to (reportedly) to sell some of them, in particular the likes of Piqué and Rakitic.

Football philosophy aside, how I would wish that a 10-15 years younger Mourinho was out there so he could clean this dressing room up and make the necessary sporting decisions that spineless cowards like Malmierda won't dare to make or the likewise spineless Bartofeo.

Messigician

@above

Lol and Alba? Lucho would have binned the best left back in the world.

Mourinho? His style of football is the opposite of the Barca way, stop talking rubbish

Last edited:

ronniecro

gonna put this qoute here,take a guess where it comes from guys :facepalm:

I feel like people are overreacting. We've been playing much more attractive football this season compared to 17/18. And besides, even Guardiola had bad games once in a while for Barca.

Sorin

gonna put this qoute here,take a guess where it comes from guys :facepalm:

I feel like people are overreacting. We've been playing much more attractive football this season compared to 17/18. And besides, even Guardiola had bad games once in a while for Barca.

That has r/barca written all over it. Should be r/delusional.

Givenchy

i dont see any manager stamping authority on this squad until atleast the majority of the seniors are gone. you could bring in Poch or Klopp but these players rule the roost at Barca and unless you do something ballsy like a Bielsa :)lol:) much will remain the same until we have the next generation

you cant win CLs with a team based on players names/reputation alone or being best friends with Messi. we have seniors putting themselves before the club while our manager is a wimpy yes-man. he doesn't tell them they aren't playing, he fucking asks them.

Messi can get away with the lazy walking (although i rather he didn't) as hes the goat and he can talk up how much he wants to win the CL this year but with Suarez playing like he is and this idiot of a manager, we aren't winning shit this season and that goes for vs Madrid in the copa and la liga as well.

shadows

Its gonna be Copa Uber Alles again, isn't it.

Tank the lead in the league, get the Copa.
:valverde:

No we will probably win the league as Atletico are imploding and Madrid will too if they progress in the champions.. The place where we will tank is the UCL.. Messi for all his smartness on the pitch seems extremely dumb outside of it with his backing of other players and managers..... The rest of the seniors (Pique Busquets Rakitic Suarez etc) its understandable with their backing of Valverde as they already have more trophies than they would've..and are pretty happy with where Messi would carry them to and them earning the bonuses for playing XXX games.

YodaMaster

I truly do believe that Fraudverde's goal regarding Malcom and Semedo is to try show Barca fans that they're not good enough. His goal is to make them perform bad whenever he decides to play them. That's why he treats them this horrible way.

How do you explain Malcom sitting on the bench the whole game and Semedo playing LB after they both had MOTM performances in a fucking Clasico ??? That's the only reasonable explanation I could find.

serghei

i dont see any manager stamping authority on this squad until atleast the majority of the seniors are gone. you could bring in Poch or Klopp but these players rule the roost at Barca and unless you do something ballsy like a Bielsa :)lol:) much will remain the same until we have the next generation

you cant win CLs with a team based on players names/reputation alone or being best friends with Messi. we have seniors putting themselves before the club while our manager is a wimpy yes-man. he doesn't tell them they aren't playing, he fucking asks them.

Messi can get away with the lazy walking (although i rather he didn't) as hes the goat and he can talk up how much he wants to win the CL this year but with Suarez playing like he is and this idiot of a manager, we aren't winning shit this season and that goes for vs Madrid in the copa and la liga as well.

Except he can't. It's why Ronaldo has been better than him in the Champions League across their careers. You ask an objective person who has been the most influential player in the Champions League between them and that's Ronaldo by a clear margin.

And this not because he's a better player than Messi, which he obviously isn't, but because he is a pure winner who doesn't stop working.

Messi is not excused for anything. He was an embarassment like the others in CL all these years. He was invisible vs Roma in the return leg, invisible vs Atletico 2 times, hardly involved vs Juventus.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Not talked about this yet but everyone fluent in Spanish and who has had the misfortune to have seen some of his press conferences, before and after games, would also attest to the fact that he comes off as incredibly thick. Not to mention dull which goes without saying. Such a contrast to Pep and even Lucho who notoriously hated press conferences and media statements. What did we do to deserve being stuck with this mediocrity?

Home of Barca Fans