Ernesto Valverde - V1

henias

It is my contention that he was brought in to offer something different in attack and not as a relief player for Iniesta.

I understand that but we are in the crucial period and no point risking Iniesta in such a haphazard manner, knowing how fragile he is. Integrating Coutinho and Iniesta can be done next season or after Chelsea. I acknowledged way back that Coutinho and Iniesta are 2 different players but for now he should be covering Iniesta. Even if u think Coutinho shouldnt cover Iniesta, someone else should. Either Roberto or Denis or Coutinho.

F1_STK

Ernesto Valverde: "It will be a tense match tomorrow."

"Taking into account the attacking potential of Valencia, more so playing in Mestalla, I have the feeling that to get through we will have to score"

"Each team will be loyal to their style but Valencia will try to be more aggressive in attack because of the result from the first leg. Both teams will go for it"

"Dembélé is fine. If not this week, he will be able for us next week."

"Piqué ended with discomfort after the game against Espanyol, but we are waiting for the test we are going to do today. He will train and we'll see."

"Mina? He is ready to play."

"We think Mina can help us, we want him to be an important player for us."

"Piqué's celebration? The league can decide. I have nothing to say, it's a gesture that has been done for a long time."

"Luis Enrique to Chelsea? At the moment the coach of Chelsea is the one who won the Premier last year."

Cule4life

The Culest
1. Gomes has nudes of Valverde

2. An actual turtle as manager would make subs quicker. Why did he take so long to bring Mina on. Valencia needed 3 goals in 25 mins. I refuse to believe Mina is worse than Gomes who he always plays

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde:

“Barca are used to reaching Finals and playing in them, me not so much."

"I’m very happy, given it’ll be the fifth consecutive Final for these players, something that’s very difficult to repeat and repeat."

“We thought it’d be very difficult and it was, but we’re going home with tickets to the Final in our pockets."

“We thought they’d give us the ball and they did. They wanted to win the ball back from us and hit us on the break."

“We were able to find players in space and take advantage. We tried it with Messi, Iniesta, etc... We had to try and it went well. We won so we’d reach the Final."

“We found it difficult against Celta and Espanyol and now we have against Valencia. We had a busy January."

“Pique? He felt a strain coming on and we decided that the best thing was to take him off.”

He's doing a great job so far, but I still want to see some good performances from us in the CL before totally buying in.

I remember under Tito we got a huge lead in the league and then got embarrased in the CL. I still remember how shocked I was at how bad we were against Milan :lol:

Doubt it'll happen this time though. That season the signs were there if you actually watched games instead of just looking at the La Liga table. Even mid table La Liga teams were able to tear our defense apart with ease, Messi just outscored them :lol:

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I remember under Tito we got a huge lead in the league and then got embarrased in the CL. I still remember how shocked I was at how bad we were against Milan :lol:

Doubt it'll happen this time though. That season the signs were there if you actually watched games instead of just looking at the La Liga table. Even mid table La Liga teams were able to tear our defense apart with ease, Messi just outscored them :lol:
That season we were way too dependent on Leo saving our asses.

Home of Barca Fans