Ernesto Valverde - V1

KingLeo10

we're doing better in la liga than PSG in ligue 1. :lol:and our competition is the madrid clubs while PSG's is FC farmers' union.

JamDav1982

11 points clear having played the rest of the top 5 away from home is some going.

Unbelievable from what the expectations were at the beginning of the season.

xXKonan

Valverde has gave us that feeling that even without Iniesta on the field we don't suffer as much and we remain in total control.

The last couple of seasons under Lucho we had suffered quite a bit at times without Iniesta in the Midfield. But valverde is doing a good job establishing a good system that we don't necessarily need Iniesta to control games when he's being rested or injured.

Which is good news since Iniesta is in his twilight portion of his career and we can't always rely so much on him.

BerkeleyBernie

I haven't been following tactics this season enough to make an analysis, but a few things stood out today. Particular to this game and Betis' high press? Or a trend?

1) Busquets is playing *extremely* high up the pitch. In the past, he almost always sat back between the two centerbacks when Barça had the ball.
2) Messi is essentially playing as an attacking midfielder. No more walking fencepost up next to the opposition centerbacks.

What do you think is guiding Valverde's approach? Or was this more a one-off?

Nothanks

I haven't been following tactics this season enough to make an analysis, but a few things stood out today. Particular to this game and Betis' high press? Or a trend?

1) Busquets is playing *extremely* high up the pitch. In the past, he almost always sat back between the two centerbacks when Barça had the ball.
2) Messi is essentially playing as an attacking midfielder. No more walking fencepost up next to the opposition centerbacks.

What do you think is guiding Valverde's approach? Or was this more a one-off?
messi playing centrally has made it easier for our team to be more balanced in a defensive transition.
we're conceding very little goals, but also scoring less than recent seasons..
I'm personally really happy with how things are going, and the positive is that we haven't really had our strongest starting 11 to really see the teams potential.

MessiTHEgoat

if it wasn't for messi disallowed goal against valencia & suarez offside goal against celta we would've been 15 pts clear on the top :/

Nothanks

honestly idk, i feel like refs have screwed us so much more than they helped us..
like how many times have they told suarez he is offside when he really isn't?
feels like half the "offsides" are wrong

behindbrowneyes

Anyone recognised the positional switch between Rakitic and Bob in the second half? Turned out to be a tactical masterpiece. Gomes played a deeper role then to cover our backline and Alba had more room for his runs.

Home of Barca Fans