Page 426 of 426 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 6390

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just find him so uninspiring. There’s been very few memorable performances this season, and Messi aside, there have been no consistent performers in midfield or attack, which is a worry. Rakitic has largely been ok, but unimpressive, Busquets some very good games, coupled with some poor ones. Iniesta likewise. Suarez, Dembele inconsistent, Coutinho hasn’t found his position yet. Paulino a decent squad addition. Rest said about the rest the better.

Is it the players? Is it the system? Is it both? I personally think it’s largely the system. The 4-4-2 doesn’t really suit anyone except perhaps Suarez, who has been pretty useless at times this season anyway. Messi has performed but will look good in most systems anyway. But it certainly doesn’t suit anyone else.

Would love someone like Jardim as coach. Klopp, Tuchel etc.

If Valverde is stay next season, which it looks like he will, I hope he succeeds though. But I pray to God, he ditches the 4-4-2, and brings back a bit of fluidity in midfield and the frontline, even if means, a few more goals conceded over the course of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprised by those statistics. Opponents always target Roberto/Semedo side.

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy, man.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can say whatever he wants. He gave no indication whatsoever with his actions that he cares about Barca long-term.

He is probably aware too that he isn't doing the right job as level of football is below acceptable and he acted as a coward playing same washed up players and being too late with subs over and over again. And yeah, big hint is he isn't offered a new contract.

Will take a major change from him to stay beyond next year. And no, he did not deserve to be only coach in Barca history who had unbeaten La Liga season. He is far far from being that special.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    He can say whatever he wants. He gave no indication whatsoever with his actions that he cares about Barca long-term.

He is probably aware too that he isn't doing the right job as level of football is below acceptable and he acted as a coward playing same washed up players and being too late with subs over and over again. And yeah, big hint is he isn't offered a new contract.

Will take a major change from him to stay beyond next year. And no, he did not deserve to be only coach in Barca history who had unbeaten La Liga season. He is far far from being that special.
    I feel like he's using the "Small squad" thing as an excuse imo of not playing youth.

There's nothing stopping him from playing the likes of Alena our any other Barca B player if he wishes. I mean if the likes of Gomes,Paco,Vidal etc are underperforming why not use other options from Barca B? no one is forcing him to use the under performing players in this squad.

Experience is important but at the same time, when you have Gomes coming out and admitting he's not mentally fit to deal with the pressure of playing for Barcelona then why keep playing him then? I just don't get it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude has major weakness to be in charge of rebuilding Barca. Should have kicked him out after Roma tbh in the heat of those moments. Like Bayern kicked out Ancelotti after the PSG fiasco.

President of FC Barcelona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says he want a small squad to play Barca B players.

The season decided. Last match of the season. Alena suspended for Barca B, aaaaaand................he's not in the squad.

I hope we don't give him a small squad because he lacks the balls to play our fringe players, let alone Barca B players. With a small squad he's going to destroy our league season too by overplaying everyone every single week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm totally against Valverde but i think it's hard for a manager to work with a too big squad. I mean the players are there so you might as well use them even if they aren't the best. He still could've played more B players but i can understand it if he doesn't just ignore players like Gomes, Denis etc completely.

A small squad is always better in my opinion, as long as it has quality players and not too many injury prone guys like Vermaelen. Having these extra players that are not too bad but still kinda mediocre and unnecessary just make it awkward for the coach because you still want to give all players their time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's logical that Valverde doesn't trust young players. Not at all surprising. To play young players you need to be very confident and to have balls of steel, with a very big personality. You have to take that risk. This guy is scared to even do it in meaningless games. Zidane played Aschraf vs Tottenham in CL. And that guy is nothing special compared to Alena.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Mourinho makes this guy look like a competent manager.

Albeit Mou doesn't have Messi.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy with a small squad will have the players dead by march. Would mostly play the same 11 every game with some B team players in early Copa rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    This guy with a small squad will have the players dead by march. Would mostly play the same 11 every game with some B team players in early Copa rounds.
    Exactly lol 😂.

With a 'big' squad this guy exhausted our first 11 by February and now he wants a small squad because of the B team? Gtfo.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post

Mou-lite
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm moving to Barcelona in a few months and have been so excited about watching the games at the Nou Camp, it's like a dream come true. Pity that we have this guy and his wrteched brand of football for the coming season.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a poor visionary. Does he even have an idea of where he'd take the club in five years time if the board gave him the opportunity?