Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He can say whatever he wants. He gave no indication whatsoever with his actions that he cares about Barca long-term.

He is probably aware too that he isn't doing the right job as level of football is below acceptable and he acted as a coward playing same washed up players and being too late with subs over and over again. And yeah, big hint is he isn't offered a new contract.

Will take a major change from him to stay beyond next year. And no, he did not deserve to be only coach in Barca history who had unbeaten La Liga season. He is far far from being that special.

xXKonan

He can say whatever he wants. He gave no indication whatsoever with his actions that he cares about Barca long-term.

He is probably aware too that he isn't doing the right job as level of football is below acceptable and he acted as a coward playing same washed up players and being too late with subs over and over again. And yeah, big hint is he isn't offered a new contract.

Will take a major change from him to stay beyond next year. And no, he did not deserve to be only coach in Barca history who had unbeaten La Liga season. He is far far from being that special.
I feel like he's using the "Small squad" thing as an excuse imo of not playing youth.

There's nothing stopping him from playing the likes of Alena our any other Barca B player if he wishes. I mean if the likes of Gomes,Paco,Vidal etc are underperforming why not use other options from Barca B? no one is forcing him to use the under performing players in this squad.

Experience is important but at the same time, when you have Gomes coming out and admitting he's not mentally fit to deal with the pressure of playing for Barcelona then why keep playing him then? I just don't get it.

serghei

Dude has major weakness to be in charge of rebuilding Barca. Should have kicked him out after Roma tbh in the heat of those moments. Like Bayern kicked out Ancelotti after the PSG fiasco.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Says he want a small squad to play Barca B players.

The season decided. Last match of the season. Alena suspended for Barca B, aaaaaand................he's not in the squad.

:lol:

I hope we don't give him a small squad because he lacks the balls to play our fringe players, let alone Barca B players. With a small squad he's going to destroy our league season too by overplaying everyone every single week.

MTL_Barca

I'm totally against Valverde but i think it's hard for a manager to work with a too big squad. I mean the players are there so you might as well use them even if they aren't the best. He still could've played more B players but i can understand it if he doesn't just ignore players like Gomes, Denis etc completely.

A small squad is always better in my opinion, as long as it has quality players and not too many injury prone guys like Vermaelen. Having these extra players that are not too bad but still kinda mediocre and unnecessary just make it awkward for the coach because you still want to give all players their time.

serghei

It's logical that Valverde doesn't trust young players. Not at all surprising. To play young players you need to be very confident and to have balls of steel, with a very big personality. You have to take that risk. This guy is scared to even do it in meaningless games. Zidane played Aschraf vs Tottenham in CL. And that guy is nothing special compared to Alena.

serghei

This guy with a small squad will have the players dead by march. Would mostly play the same 11 every game with some B team players in early Copa rounds.

Barcilliant

This guy with a small squad will have the players dead by march. Would mostly play the same 11 every game with some B team players in early Copa rounds.

Exactly lol 😂.

With a 'big' squad this guy exhausted our first 11 by February and now he wants a small squad because of the B team? Gtfo.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Mou-lite

Neeraj

I'm moving to Barcelona in a few months and have been so excited about watching the games at the Nou Camp, it's like a dream come true. Pity that we have this guy and his wrteched brand of football for the coming season.

Tekkers

Just a poor visionary. Does he even have an idea of where he'd take the club in five years time if the board gave him the opportunity?

LMTR14

Fuck off really! We won the league and this game is meaningless, You don't want a player the club paid 120m+ to develop for the sake of what exactly? Look at how Zidane playing his youngsters not just in this game, but in UCL KOs. Cringiest post I read in a while!

is there a thumbs down option somewhere. shut up with the brainless dembele defending, he's not worth 100+ millions and never will be! he'd have been a great transfer at 20 mil, but at 120 he is nothing but a failure!

Home of Barca Fans