Ernesto Valverde - V1

Ursegor

World Champion
Great way to try and avoid the subject. I explained it to you and you acted dumb so if you cant understand then dont play victim.

Will see the same shit again that makes no logical sense. The irony.

You must be dim as a broken street lantern.

I listed the most prestigious coaches in the world and their huge failures in the CL in recent times (unless you consider conceding 6 to Monaco with the most expensive team of all time or conceding 4 in a CL final good coaching). My point was that, if even the most prestigious coaches are prone to these failures then replacing Valverde with Oscar Garcia, Sarri or Setién (the level of coaches Barca could realistically appoint right now) would guarantee fuck all in the CL next season.

Your response to this point I made was brabbling something about me making no sense and something about Madrid playing offensive football and Klopp being the best coach if he wins the CL. Don't know what's wrong with you. If you have language problems: Ich spreche deutsch. If you have drug problems: stop posting.

George_Costanza

While I agree on no guarantee to win a UCL under another manager, at least with Sarri, Garcia, Setien..etc we won't play defensive and cowardly football, something many of Valverde apologists don't mention or don't care. Barcelona should never ever go to a game to defend. Also, no guarantee that EV would learn from his mistakes or change his rotation policy or start trusting youngsters or change 180 to an attacking style.

Saying that, if we don't get a better replacement, then he should stay but if we get a coach like Sarri, Tuchel or even Setien, he should leave.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He did rotate vs. Leganes.

Of all the starters against Roma the following did not start vs. Leganes: Alba, Umtiti, Busquets, Iniesta.

Plus Messi was coming back from international break where he sat out 2 consecutive games.

I would believe the tiredness excuse if the team did somewhat well and started going downhill after an hour or so. We got dominated from start to finish though. And that's never down to EV only. He did fuck up with the formation (4-4-2 vs. 3-5-2) and never reacted to the obvious which is a big concern in itself but this club somehow never puts blame on the players except the fringe players who rarely leave the bench anyway, like Gomes. It's always "Fraudrique, Fraudverde, Patata". With the quality gap between Roma and Barca this team should be able to see out a 4-1 advantage even without a coach.

Do you know whether the bit about Pique and Iniesta incidents with Valverde during the Roma game are true? Pique apparently went up to Valverde and spoke to him about possible changes, and Valverde overruled him and said "Im the boss" or something. Even if this is exaggerated, there are clips of Pique and Iniesta being unhappy with the game plan.

Ursegor

World Champion
Do you know whether the bit about Pique and Iniesta incidents with Valverde during the Roma game are true? Pique apparently went up to Valverde and spoke to him about possible changes, and Valverde overruled him and said "Im the boss" or something. Even if this is exaggerated, there are clips of Pique and Iniesta being unhappy with the game plan.

I don't know anything about that and even if it happened it's a normal situation in sports. Actually I'd be surprised if a senior player and captain like Iniesta did not go up to the coach and have a heated discussion when the team is getting battered on the pitch.

I'm aware Twitter couch potatoes like to make mountains out of totally normal molehills though.

If Valverde had lost the dressing room they wouldn't have played the way they did in the Copa final. It's a fringe trophy and could have been thrown away by the players to make a statement against the manager.

Neymessi

With the quality gap between Roma and Barca this team should be able to see out a 4-1 advantage even without a coach.

If we went to roma with a 4-1 lead without a coach, we would have most defnitely come out victorious because pique or someone would have wanted us to attack. It was only because of EV and his shitty coward mid table mentality that we lost.

So yes we should have won against roma without a coach and we would have but thanks to EV who is like 90% at fault for this, we lost.

Then which manager do you want?

Pep conceded 6 goals to a Ligue 1 team that is not named PSG last season and conceded more than 3 goals to Liverpool TWICE this season, in the CL without mustering a shot on target.

Mourinho got outplayed by Sevilla at home in the round of 16.

Ancelotti got sacked after 0-3 away to PSG and he has a history of bottling big leads (Liverpool and Deportivo).

Allegri lost 1-4 to Real then next season 0-3 again at home.

These are maybe the 4 biggest names in the coaching world right now.

So who is this manager who comes to Barca, plays attractive attacking football and also guarantees CL success against the big boys? Would like to hear that name.

These things happen. Before the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Ronaldinho era this club has won 1 CL in 36 years. Alex Ferguson won it twice in 27 years.

Yeah, losing 0-3 against Roma with a 4-1 lead is REALLY bad but it happens in this competition. Should get over it.

You are doing what you do best. Show things at their worst and make it sound like "oh look this has happenned to them so its normal it happenned to us" and also misleading others.

Klopp or allegri have never managed a club as powerful as barca so wrong comparison there and pep, mou, ancelloti? Seriously?

How about the fact that those 3 had those lows in like, idk, decades of their managing career while EV did this absolute bottlejob single handedly in his first season at a big club? Ev is ten times worse than any of the names you mentioned and he needs to go.

Last edited:

Alik

If Valverde had lost the dressing room they wouldn't have played the way they did in the Copa final. It's a fringe trophy and could have been thrown away by the players to make a statement against the manager.

That's not really an indication of anything. The players wouldn't throw away a final to make a statement. Especially when it's Iniesta's goodbye.

Gaudi

Milner, handerson and chamberlain....imagine our midfield with those names, we would complain till death.

Neymessi

I like the misleading tactics ursegor uses to make someone look bad. "A club not named PSG" will give someone an impression that it was troyes or something but it was monaco who that season was absolutely amazing and had scored the highest amount of goals that season second only to barcelona.

serghei

Milner, handerson and chamberlain....imagine our midfield with those names, we would complain till death.

I personally complain more when I see great players slacking off having gutless performances, than when I see limited players giving everything on the field.

Gaudi

Of course, i'm not bashing them just saying they look technically weak midfield...so it shows how speed and strength are important.

Devils

Liverpool attacked for 45 minutes and turned that Roma defense to swiss cheese.

Sorry, I will never be able to trust EV's managing capabilities after watching this.

KingLeo10

coward who used messi and MATS' league performances to buy himself another season. will continue to be punished in CL unless he changes his approach drastically.

xXKonan

Liverpool attacked for 45 minutes and turned that Roma defense to swiss cheese.

Sorry, I will never be able to trust EV's managing capabilities after watching this.
Coach knows best though.

Who needs to play a fast pacy player when we can have a slow as shit Midfield/Front line and sit back and defend!

Man fuck this shit.

Home of Barca Fans