Page 724 of 724 FirstFirst ... 224624674714722723724
Results 10,846 to 10,851 of 10851

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    You do realized that this is pretty much 100% what EV is currently doing when we are in our off the ball shape, correct? I am struggling to see any new suggestion in this line-up at all with what EV is doing currently.

We should never play with a double-pivot imho, plain and simple. It never suits our style, it leaves acres of space when we do move forward for the other team to counter us and in terms of providing defensive cover, I'd argue that different formations would allow us to do that but with better options for us going forward.

Our formation should be some sort of variation on a 4-3-3 (false 9 or true 9) and honestly, I really want us to utilize a 3-4-3 more. I've never quite understood why EV has never tried this tactically, as it would give us all of the same things he likes about a double-pivot 4-4-2 but would allow our attacking game to not be stifled. Just about everything you named that would beneficial in the formation you proposed, I'd argue you'd accomplish the same thing with a 3-4-3.
    I would be enthusiastic about watching a 3-4-3 but this would take time to establish and trying it out without any emergency in the CL would be quite risky. I would like to see this :

------------------Suarez-------------------
    ---Coutinho-----------------------Dembele
    -------------------Messi--------------------
    ------------Arthur-------Rakitic------------
    ------------------Busquets-----------------
    ---Alba-----------Lenglet-----------Piqué-

With Dembele, Messi and Coutinho switching positions when Barca is on the ball, that could be interesting. Suarez also having freedom, Rakitic and Arthur backing them when in offensive possession phases and Busquets supervising the midfield.
    Last edited by Mido; Yesterday at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daring playing without a keeper. With Guardiola maybe.

Would really like to see a 3-4-3 next season though, just to give Messi a chance to reinvent himself as a proper 10. Its damn offensive though. And realistically wont happen.
    Last edited by mc_lovin; Yesterday at 10:09 PM.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 11 players and no GK.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido View Post
    I would be enthusiastic about watching a 3-4-3 but this would take time to establish and trying it out without any emergency in the CL would be quite risky. I would like to see this :

With Dembele, Messi and Coutinho switching positions when Barca is on the ball, that could be interesting. Suarez also having freedom, Rakitic and Arthur backing them when in offensive possession phases and Busquets supervising the midfield.
    Pique defending fast wingers on his own... Good luck with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would work with a fast midfielder .. like Frankie next season .
    Won’t work with Busqs covered by slowish Arthur and snail-paced Rakitic

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean... “ambitious”..

Any formation using a diamond midfield or removing conventional use of fullbacks is synonymous with those fullbacks or wingers being world class creators in the mould of most Brazilians you could name in the past 20-30 years. This setup you gave has no balance on wings with your current personnel, your LCM- RCM would be glued and stretched out side effectively playing wide. Which makes little sense if you’re Arthur or Rakitic. Alba as LCB serves no purpose, his strength isn’t attacking from that deep.

I do like placement of Messi though. It’s something to think about there. Even if Coutinho would probably serve better there.

Messi needs to embrace being a #9. No two ways about it.
    People are boring.