Ernesto Valverde - V1

You can't completely prevent counters when playing possession football with high line, it doesn't matter what formations you use. Look at Pep's Bayern or last years City, his team gets skilled on counters every time they face decent opponent in CL and nothing has helped so far. Having players like prime Mascherano and prime Alves would help of course because they were putting out fires with their tackling before it reached a GK, but players like that are rare, almost impossible to replace.

A 4-3-3 with a more compact midfield and wingers dropping back to defend would be a lot better option than the current setup that Valverde is employing. You can't expect to play great possession football in a 4-4-2, it's better suited for team that like to sit deep with two well structured blocks of 4. The reason why Alba is enjoying so much success this season is because of the lack of coverage from the opposition on the flanks. We play with this wingerless system that makes the other's team defense converge towards the middle of the pitch allowing the fullbacks to overlap and create chances. Alba has been much better at this than Semedo or Roberto and I think that partly has to due with the fact that we have an offensive blackhole in Rakitic in right midfield who really impedes fluid build up play on that side.

On the other hand this system is also why Messi is losing the ball so much more this season than in prior seasons. After the Dembele injury and switch to the 4-4-2 him and Suarez are swarmed by a sea of defenders with relatively few passing options available to them. The middle is way too congested without wide players to spread the defense out and create gaps for Messi to exploit. This makes it a lot harder to score goals and it explains why most of our goals this season have come from a overlaps out wide where there is less defensive coverage.

MagIX

4-3-3, do you mean something like this ?

Dembele-Suarez-Messi
Iniesta--Busquets-Paulinho/Sergio
Alba-Umtiti-pique-Sergio/Samedo

LeeRomeno

LeeRomeno: Anything that has the general consensus agreeing with it is considered stupid, wrong and senseless. Similarly, using your own logic and twisted perspective, I can always say there's always a few guys in Barcaforum who tries so hard to stand out as a minority and be unorthodox, giving completely opposite opinions to try to look like the "smarter" ones.

Once again, nobody is calling anyone bullies or trolls, it has always been part of your delusion and your obsession with making the users look bad.

In fact, people evaluating postively or negatively on Valverde is generally a 50/50, that's if u even bothered to read the posts. There are plenty people defending Valverde.

Before always playing the hero and your usual, "It's just the Barcaforum sydrome", people have been questioning Valverde on the other platforms as well. So why dont u shame them too?

Yeah, lets lie to ourselves and claim we are utilising our squad to the fullest and and that we are NEVER one bit struggling against Celta and Villareal before the red card. Clearly, there were certain flaws that people like to ignore just because they draw or win the games, and people like to think these major flaws will never surface in big games. It will. It's just a matter of time before someone exploits it again.

If u are so bent on disagreeing, why not give ur own views and whatever that can support your claim, instead of constantly shaming the users and just literally give a few idiotic assumptions and a terrible summary of what the users "said". Ironically, I'm pretty sure you are the only bully here if u notice, trying to shame against a group of people for having different views, yet the people u mentioned havent done anything like that. So maybe stop wasting ur time, if u want to join the discussion go ahead, if not, dont just summarise the vaguest BS like "Users think Semedo should start every game and Roberto is a saviour bs". "Valverde is a fraud, we can beat any teams 5-0 if we have a good coach." Literally no one said that. Lol. Get a grip and give me a goddamn break, will you?

There is nothing wrong with general consensus, if it is really general consensus, there is a problem if it really is not. Also, there are always trolls, who just agitate by throwing random negative arguments to stir up the users and laugh in the back. That is not what I am talking about. Jair Ventura guy is a troll, because his posts are mainly targeted to annoy any Barcelona fan. But people who just generally dislike the fact that our own fans trash our own players and wish our squad would lose games, to prove a point are not trolls.

You may be right, Valverde being fraud is actually not the BarcaForum standard (yet), it just may be that the negative people are just so much louder. Just like Neymar was neither a hero or a villain. But there is no question about the rest.
My point is that before even game happens our game discussion is filled with negative crap like this:
Need Messi to save us or else we drop points, simple as that.
Lets see... 442 with Rakitic, Suarez, Semedo benched. Yep, we need Messi to save us again.
i don't expect more than two goals in this match and i'm prepared for another boring 90 mins,especially if our mourinho starts gomes-rakitić agian
I have a bad feeling Gomes will start this game.
Bench suarez for the love of god
what our midfield should be tomorrow: Roberto, Rakitic, Busquets, Denis

what Valverde will start: Rakitic, Paulinho, Busquets, Gomes
My one wish right now is for someone to give Valverde a very hot slap on the faceeeeeeeeeee
Our lead is quickly going up in smokes with the way he is managing the team. If we draw this game we'll have lost 6 points in the last 3 games. That's essentially 2 losses. Suarez is a locked in starter despite having less goals than Paco somehow and Rakitic despite being terrible and not looking like he cares gets to start every game no matter what as well. There's really nobody we can blame for this garbage lineup selection other than Valverde and I think it's ridiculous to try and blame his supbar roster for his terrible decision making, as the notion that he's doing the best with what he has is very, very far from reality.
I expected him to start Gomes over Denis but he really needs to explain his obsession with starting Rakitic.

Thats just a selection of negative bs before the game even starts from first 4 pages. IF i would have to measure positive/neutral/negative, i can bet this forum is so much more negative than any prediction blog or paper. There is exactly 1 person in first 4 pages with somewhat reasonable comment (@PhilS) and he is 100% correct in Denis Suarez being awful, rather than the usual trash Valverde/Suarez/Rakitic.
What is even worse, so many times after being relieved and happy after winning a difficult away fixture, I end up here to see discuss the game and instead of people actually being happy, there majority have found another reason to cry and whine about something.
Oh the "wait until we face the strong team" bullshit. Good thing there seem to be 0 strong teams in La Liga.

And why I do not join the discussion? Same reason there is no point in going against the "popular opinion", you will be the lone voice in the jungle, at best ignored, at worst ridiculed and bullied.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Poor you. Must be so hard being lone voice in this mess. Sorry there's no safe space here for you.

Plenty of us who don't whine (not that you would care anyway). You are here to throw your hoilier than you shit and feel better about yourself.

If you dislike the forum, offer something constructive or get the fuck out.

LeeRomeno

Poor you. Must be so hard being lone voice in this mess. Sorry there's no safe space here for you.

Plenty of us who don't whine (not that you would care anyway). You are here to throw your hoilier than you shit and feel better about yourself.

If you dislike the forum, offer something constructive or get the fuck out.

Rofl, no it is not hard at all, unlike for some to grasp the reality. Online forum is really the last place to seek for asylum or "safe space", where do you see me asking for that.
Then again, one may expect a bit more from discussion forum, than being just "lets form an opinion and then nod our heads", but i guess that really represents what level of quality owners set to this place.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rofl, no it is not hard at all, unlike for some to grasp the reality. Online forum is really the last place to seek for asylum or "safe space", where do you see me asking for that.
Then again, one may expect a bit more from discussion forum, than being just "lets form an opinion and then nod our heads", but i guess that really represents what level of quality owners set to this place.

Lol good. Now fuck off somewhere else you prick.
Or you make a forum for Barca fans and after 10 years I will come and shit on you. What the fuck did you do for Barca that is of service and help to anyone but yourself. Whiners are annoying but your kind is the worst so do everyone a favor and don't log in here no more.

gasgas

Ban

LeeRomeno

Lol good. Now fuck off somewhere else you prick.
Or you make a forum for Barca fans and after 10 years I will come and shit on you. What the fuck did you do for Barca that is of service and help to anyone but yourself. Whiners are annoying but your kind is the worst so do everyone a favor and don't log in here no more.

Didn't know supporting a forum focusing on trashing the players and the coach was a noble act that one needs to raise a voice here. Boy what a mistake. But I get it, hardest thing for anyone is to actually understand criticism about his or her creation.

henias

Your shit is getting really repetitive and annoying now. If u are such a snowflake and cant handle tat slight bit of satire or constructive criticism, I recommend forums are not the place for you. Maybe start following some instagram page that has bot comments praising Barca 24/7. People here are debating about tactics/players, giving their views and opinions and here u are giving the most useless shit that is not even half true or accurate. Those that u quoted are from match threads where people give very short comments before the match and theres nothing wrong with them giving their thoughts. You can always log off, and spare everyone with your whining and complaining. It's cringy as fuck.

Last edited:
Didn't know supporting a forum focusing on trashing the players and the coach was a noble act that one needs to raise a voice here. Boy what a mistake. But I get it, hardest thing for anyone is to actually understand criticism about his or her creation.

This is a forum, there will obviously be people that have dissenting opinions from yours. Instead of bashing them why don't you just respond to them civilly. All you do is mock and bash other people for having different views and don't offer any sort or alternative or logical response yourself. GTFO out of here with that authoritarian BS, if you don't like hearing things you don't agree with why don't you just block the majority of the members that post here and start your own little circle-jerk with the few people that agree with everything you do.

What's the point of even posting on here if you aren't open to debate and hearing people with different opinions from your's? That's the whole point of online forums in the first place.

LeeRomeno

This is a forum, there will obviously be people that have dissenting opinions from yours. Instead of bashing them why don't you just respond to them civilly. All you do is mock and bash other people for having different views and don't offer any sort or alternative or logical response yourself. GTFO out of here with that authoritarian BS, if you don't like hearing things you don't agree with why don't you just block the majority of the members that post here and start your own little circle-jerk with the few people that agree with everything you do.

What's the point of even posting on here if you aren't open to debate and hearing people with different opinions from your's? That's the whole point of online forums in the first place.

Lol where exactly have I bashed other people for having different views? In fact i have said i support people who dare to have different views here. Those are 2 completely opposite things. Open for debate? What exactly do you think i have been doing here...

Your shit is getting really repetitive and annoying now.

Only reason I even spoke up (I usually do not bother really, but rather just read what is interesting and skip what is not) was because shit here WAS GETTING repetitive and annoying. Almost every game preview, review, its the same shit, the same points i posted before. Complex issues narrowed down to 4-5 simple and untrue things that would automatically make everything better based on hunch basically.
If I would look at your post history, i can guarantee, I will find you speaking about the same stuff all over the forum on and on and on and on.

Neymessi

You are being pedantically repetitive.

You keep saying people form a common opinion and everyone nods their head. I ask you how do you know they are formed due to a group effect and not because most people just have their individual opinion like that?

Lol where exactly have I bashed other people for having different views? In fact i have said i support people who dare to have different views here. Those are 2 completely opposite things. Open for debate? What exactly do you think i have been doing here...

You keep complaining about people being too "negative" and the typical "Barcaforum phenomenon." You have repeatedly ridiculed people that don't agree with the way Valverde is setting us up to play, the play of Rakitic and Suarez, the lack of play time for Semedo etc. There are valid reasons as to why one would think that way and all you've been doing is mocking these people rather than responding to them with an actual argument.

Home of Barca Fans