Ernesto Valverde - V1

Moe

powered by;
Yeah! 3-0 against Juve and 3-0 against Chelsea (which Guardiola never beat) is not good matches...Huh ! Valverde is very good manager. The problem is Bartomeu who sold our stars every summer and never buy top class players (exc. only Coutinho). So Valverde made double and beat Chelsea and Juve 3-0 with way way weaker team, than Guardiola's Barca, when we had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Dani Alves, Abidal, David Villa e.t.c.

Yes, because it was the same Chelsea team :lol:

clemente

Under Lucho our midfield was absolute disaster, and midfield is the thing that Barca relies on the most, it was crazy how that team managed to create only 1 chance in 2 legs against Juve, everyone have figured out how we play from the back so they just pressed us and we were exposed, it reminds me of EV a lot, I just don't see what the plan is, for managers like Pep/Klopp/Sarri you can immediately see what kind of style they are going for, but under EV its just all about defending and giving the ball to Messi, I don't see any style, any chemistry, we looked so lifeless at the start of the game against PSV it was despressing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone with half brain knows that if things look stale you have to inject new blood. Either 1 or two players as new starters or just temporarily to shock the old guard and inject new motivation.

Valverde is not just out of ideas re tactics, he doesn't know how to utilise these simple things to improve the spirit.

xXKonan

To add on to your post Bojan, I think the worst part is it seems there are some players in this squad that can underperform and not really be held accountable due to past reputation.

Not really encouraging to the younger players in the squad that no matter how hard you try in training and how well you do in the small game time you get to impress you will still be forced to sit in the stands or on the bench and watch players such as Suarez and Pique struggle even against some of the weakest teams in the League or CL.

Which is one of the things that pisses me off is it feels like Valverde doesn't have much authority on players because he fears of the possible backlash in the locker room.

God Serena

I mean, the list of flaws with Valverde is so extensive I can't even fathom how anyone can defend him. The Roma loss itself is up there with the worst management I've ever seen, up there with Mourinho in his meltdown seasons. But even ignoring that, his issues seriously drag the team down. Lucho wasn't the best manager imo and he relied heavily on the brilliance of MSN to build his legacy, but at least he knew what his meal ticket was and played to that strength. I used to think anyone could put out the best XI to set the team up for success and watch them go out and win, but then Valverde showed up and threw that out of the window.

Refusing to bench underperforming players for even a single game is startling. Suarez is terrible 9 games out of 10 but he not only gets to start every game, but play the entire 90 minutes. The same goes for Pique, we have 4 quality CBs but only Pique and Umtiti are able to play? If we started an XI without either one of these guys, who are noticeably both part of the "Old guard" we should be desperate to replace anyways, the team would instantly be better for it. Even if both players were in their prime there's no way we'd need them to beat every low level scrub in La Liga and the CL group stage, and, for some reason, early Copa rounds, so what's with the refusal to figure out if other combinations can work?

Sitting back every time we get a lead as if we're not a team that can routinely crush most opponents by 4-5 goals isn't just tiring, it's painful. Why are we subbing off Dembele after he's scored so we can defend a lead with Vidal, who provides fuck all defensively, anyways? When we score a goal we should be pushing to score a second. And a third. Not trying to cling onto the score for 40, 50, or 60 minutes. Yeah he's only lost a few games due to this appalling football, but we lost a lot more under Lucho and there was never a single point where I'd say we were as bad as we are under Valverde, and we'll be lucky to see even a fraction of the success we saw from Lucho if this anti-football continues.

And then, there's the outright refusal to use young players. The mental gymnastics you'll see when this topic comes up are so impressive they'd get banned from the Olympics. No B team in Copa. No B team in easy Liga games. No B team in dead rubber CL ties either. Gomes and Denis need their minutes, after all. It's almost comical how he went from a manager who frequently promoted youth with Bilbao, to a manager who actively ignores them. I guess when you have Messi and Rakitic in your team and you know your shelf life is only a couple seasons long there's no need, huh? I just wish he wouldn't have run his mouth so much about wanting to promote youth before he started actually working the job. He just comes off as a massive liar.

I mean, even among his apologists, I've never seen anything from them that's actually there to like about Valverde. Just a lot of blind defense and trying to bring down far superior men who once held his position for the sake of making him not look so bad. Us "Always being bad in away games" has never been as bad as it has been. You don't go from making the semis or winning the CL every year, to getting humiliated in the quarters by a team far inferior to you, without having a massive downgrade along the way. Our squad hasn't gotten worse, our manager has.

Last edited:

Danic

Valverde got me so far that i really want us to lose some games so we can get rid of him. Thats a pretty sad thing i never had before...
He is such an unlikeable guy. When i just see him at the side of the field.... He looks like a sleeping pill....

vlad

Valverde got me so far that i really want us to lose some games so we can get rid of him. Thats a pretty sad thing i never had before...
He is such an unlikeable guy. When i just see him at the side of the field.... He looks like a sleeping pill....

is that will be the case, if he gets fired, how can you be optimistic about future barca coach with this board? barca DNA, at the start you can forget coaches that didnt had connections with barca, for example let say klopp is on the market and some other guy who started coaching and played in barca before is offering himself to barca, what would this board do? tata martino was exception and he was far from top coach

its like they are appointing such coaches until they hit the gold just like they did with pep (laporta was in charge at that time), its absurd, but it seems like that

Last edited:

Danic

I just cant imagine a coach i dislike more :) And i cant imagine us playing more uninspired and static football then now.

Garrus

I mean, the list of flaws with Valverde is so extensive I can't even fathom how anyone can defend him. The Roma loss itself is up there with the worst management I've ever seen, up there with Mourinho in his meltdown seasons. But even ignoring that, his issues seriously drag the team down. Lucho wasn't the best manager imo and he relied heavily on the brilliance of MSN to build his legacy, but at least he knew what his meal ticket was and played to that strength. I used to think anyone could put out the best XI to set the team up for success and watch them go out and win, but then Valverde showed up and threw that out of the window.

Refusing to bench underperforming players for even a single game is startling. Suarez is terrible 9 games out of 10 but he not only gets to start every game, but play the entire 90 minutes. The same goes for Pique, we have 4 quality CBs but only Pique and Umtiti are able to play? If we started an XI without either one of these guys, who are noticeably both part of the "Old guard" we should be desperate to replace anyways, the team would instantly be better for it. Even if both players were in their prime there's no way we'd need them to beat every low level scrub in La Liga and the CL group stage, and, for some reason, early Copa rounds, so what's with the refusal to figure out if other combinations can work?

Sitting back every time we get a lead as if we're not a team that can routinely crush most opponents by 4-5 goals isn't just tiring, it's painful. Why are we subbing off Dembele after he's scored so we can defend a lead with Vidal, who provides fuck all defensively, anyways? When we score a goal we should be pushing to score a second. And a third. Not trying to cling onto the score for 40, 50, or 60 minutes. Yeah he's only lost a few games due to this appalling football, but we lost a lot more under Lucho and there was never a single point where I'd say we were as bad as we are under Valverde, and we'll be lucky to see even a fraction of the success we saw from Lucho if this anti-football continues.

And then, there's the outright refusal to use young players. The mental gymnastics you'll see when this topic comes up are so impressive they'd get banned from the Olympics. No B team in Copa. No B team in easy Liga games. No B team in dead rubber CL ties either. Gomes and Denis need their minutes, after all. It's almost comical how he went from a manager who frequently promoted youth with Bilbao, to a manager who actively ignores them. I guess when you have Messi and Rakitic in your team and you know your shelf life is only a couple seasons long there's no need, huh? I just wish he wouldn't have run his mouth so much about wanting to promote youth before he started actually working the job. He just comes off as a massive liar.

I mean, even among his apologists, I've never seen anything from them that's actually there to like about Valverde. Just a lot of blind defense and trying to bring down far superior men who once held his position for the sake of making him not look so bad. Us "Always being bad in away games" has never been as bad as it has been. You don't go from making the semis or winning the CL every year, to getting humiliated in the quarters by a team far inferior to you, without having a massive downgrade along the way. Our squad hasn't gotten worse, our manager has.

To those to lazy to read, And as a good Samaritan, I’ll summarize, Not all, But about 85% of this wall of text, To just the direct points.

“I don’t like valverde, Because he doesn’t Play the players I personally want, Doesn’t bench the players I personally don’t like, And doesn’t sub in and sub out the way I want them to be made, And both, Foremostly and lastly, Roma”

Someone rate my summarization ability, I’m serious, I think I did good, But who knows.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Someone rate my summarization ability, I’m serious, I think I did good, But who knows.

giphy-downsized.gif

Andrew M

Pretty embarrassing point of view, lad.

Gnidrologist

Well, he has a point. As it is, Valverde will gind out points against weak la liga sides and in spring we will succumb in CL in most depressing way against a decent European side once again. If we had some sort of result crisis mid season, there would be a t least some chance of shaking up things, if not by sacking V then maybe at least his hand being forced to make some serious changes that may or may no work. If it goes like it is, nothing will change and we already know the outcome.

henias

Pretty embarrassing point of view, lad.

Nothing embarassing about that. Only one with a narrow mindset would think otherwise. I rather to see a better future with barca then to keep going the wrong footsteps and making the same mistakes over and over again, and then wonder why this barca always stays the same.

You would keep slating users here like they are not fit to be barca fans but provide nothing substantial just to defend Valverde.

Move along.

Home of Barca Fans