Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Danger Ahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    "Tired of winning yet?" - Ernesto Valverde
    That's why people don't go to Camp Nou anymore they are bored from all the winning, I say lose 4-0 to Chelsea on purpose and then we'll see Camp Nou packed for remontada 2.0
    Last edited by Ghostmaster; 9th February 2018 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games against Chelsea shall tell us more about the value of Valverde's Barca.

At the moment, on may see the glass as half full or half empty, but I'd rather be optimistic as Valverde seems to have clear ideas. He just shouldn't fall into mental traps such as overthinking or being too conservative. The middle path is the best path.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmaster View Post
    That's why people don't go to Camp Nou anymore they are bored from all the winning, I say lose 4-0 to Chelsea on purpose and then we'll see Camp Nou packed for remontada 2.0
    6-0*

Need to up the stakes

Out of curiosity: what's the greatest comeback in a 2-legged European tie before the CL format? I recall reading about some really crazy ones. Something like Madrid turning around an 8-2 defeat

Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    True, in 2013 the defence was so bad it was embarassing, while this year we have the best defensive record of the last decade. In 2013 after 22 matches we conceded 25 goals in the league, this year 11.

Against top sides in 2013 we looked completely clueless. We should have lost 7/8-1 the return leg in the supercup against real and we should have lost the league match we drew 2-2 in Camp Nou too. The only shots on target we had were Messi's goals

This year we trashed Real and Juve 3-0 and we drew 0-0 in Turin. We are a typical Italian team now, if we lose in CL it will be by 1/2 goals, no one will trash us like Bayern did in 2013 or PSG and Juve did last year.
    Even Juve last year wasn't comparable to how bad we were in 2013 (although PSG was). Against Juve it mostly came down to them being more clinical than us. Against Bayern in 2013 we couldn't even get out of our own half.

It's one of those things where the stats and scoreline don't tell the whole story, you had to watch the game to see how bad we were. 7-0 on aggregate was very flattering. Story of that season really.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 9th February 2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our training sessions are the best in the world. So much team spirit.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you can look at Athletic this season to see how influential he was there.
    Just get a better midfield

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jairzinho View Post
    Who's the ninja? Messi?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are going great right now and Valverde helped create a atmosphere which is positive.

If you listen/read the interviews of the players he coached he seems like a father like figure. He's someone who can be stern but also be a great calming influence as well and he gets along with the players very well.

There were rumors that Lucho while he was respected, had a distant relationship with the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still early to judge him, we reached the cup final 5 years in a row so nothing special here. The league is almost over because Real Madrid gave up long ago and there are going through crises.

His real test yet to come in UCL.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umtiti go some kick up his butt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    Still early to judge him, we reached the cup final 5 years in a row so nothing special here. The league is almost over because Real Madrid gave up long ago and there are going through crises.

So he doesnt take any credit for running away with la liga still without a lost match just because "real gave up"

What a spoiled fan you are

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha so bitter about the season Barca have had so far.

Try watching Real and the pressure on them rather than making shit up to suit your agenda from start of season that they are class and Barca are fucked.

Some 'fans' on here want nothing more than to be right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though Valverde has set a new club record for the best start to a season ever? But that’s still down to Real giving up......

You are talking my friend.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same people that said Suarez, Rakitic were finished, Paulinho was trash and Messi is retiring, Vermaelen is shit, we lost Neymar, etc.

We practically won domestic double in early February after so many "fans" thought Barca were finished and Real would be trashing us. But that's not shutting them up. "Real tests" are yet to await us and I bet some of those "fans" would love if Barca lost just to be proven right.

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take Sevilla for granted guys! We have not won the Copa!!