Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    I remember under Tito we got a huge lead in the league and then got embarrased in the CL. I still remember how shocked I was at how bad we were against Milan

Doubt it'll happen this time though. That season the signs were there if you actually watched games instead of just looking at the La Liga table. Even mid table La Liga teams were able to tear our defense apart with ease, Messi just outscored them
    True, in 2013 the defence was so bad it was embarassing, while this year we have the best defensive record of the last decade. In 2013 after 22 matches we conceded 25 goals in the league, this year 11.

Against top sides in 2013 we looked completely clueless. We should have lost 7/8-1 the return leg in the supercup against real and we should have lost the league match we drew 2-2 in Camp Nou too. The only shots on target we had were Messi's goals

This year we trashed Real and Juve 3-0 and we drew 0-0 in Turin. We are a typical Italian team now, if we lose in CL it will be by 1/2 goals, no one will trash us like Bayern did in 2013 or PSG and Juve did last year.