Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ernesto Valverde

Seems clear favourite.

Was excellent in his two stints at Olympiacos and last stint at Bilbao. No room for Arda/Gomes types in his teams. Hard work and passing accuracy is his mantra.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he comes here will we go with 4-2-3-1 formation? That is more suited to teams like Athletic who rely on heavy pressing game. Our style generally is a possession first, not a direct style which will be needed for 4-2-3-1, also that formation best goes with a target man and a plenty of crosses like Adruiz at Athletic. That kind of thing is not possible at Barca, with MSN at top. I am really interested to see what formation he will use. But if he does end up using 4-2-3-1 we need to sign a winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarium View Post
    If he comes here will we go with 4-2-3-1 formation? That is more suited to teams like Athletic who rely on heavy pressing game. Our style generally is a possession first, not a direct style which will be needed for 4-2-3-1, also that formation best goes with a target man and a plenty of crosses like Adruiz at Athletic. That kind of thing is not possible at Barca, with MSN at top. I am really interested to see what formation he will use. But if he does end up using 4-2-3-1 we need to sign a winger.
    I don't believe he will stray too far from 4-3-3.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    I don't believe he will stray too far from 4-3-3.
    Yep that might still be our main formation with 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1 as alternatives in my opinion.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It comes down to 2 options. One is to keep Busquets as our key man in midfield in his comfortable position and other is to play Messi where he's most comfortable.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    It comes down to 2 options. One is to keep Busquets as our key man in midfield in his comfortable position and other is to play Messi where he's most comfortable.
    Yep, let's see where he goes. Maybe he reinvents himself and the players to find a system that suits everyone. Unlikely but one can hope.

Vice President of FC Barcelona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the ideal football system for Barca would be (for me at least) the Dutch total football style. Our most dominant years have been based on players executing the high pressure possession style to the fullest, controlling the ball and the space on the pitch, suffocating opponents and forcing mistakes due to pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that formation could work well with the right signings.

Suarez as striker

Neymar on left, Messi playing central attaching role, Sign Dybala, or DiMaria type to play on left.

Busquets and Inesta holding mids with Macherano rotating in to provide rest when needed. He has been fantastic in that role for Argentina in the past.

In the back Alba,Umititi, Pique and sign Bellerin from Arsenal

It would be tough keeping the ball from Messi in this position and he would solve the ball control problems we are having in the midfield. I think he would score more playing centrally than playing on the outside as a forward. His late runs when the wingbacks get upfield and cross in would be a nightmare to mark.

Going away from a 4-3-3 is unlikely IMO.

Forgive the spelling errors.

Scottro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him. But he has to prove himself in 12 months. Not more. I hope he knows what are the rigors of managing a team like Barca.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limited pool of players in Athletic, but obviously been good with their young players.

Hopefully he'll do the same here if he becomes our coach.

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please be the savior. If next season is as heartbreaking as these past 2 have been, then I think I'll quit on football for a couple of years at least. Valverde is the one to change that and hopefully raise us from the shitshow that Lucho has created. I might end up quitting anyway, depending on how the CL final goes.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is reaper as starting poster in Valverde thread a bad omen?

Nosce te ipsum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Is reaper as starting poster in Valverde thread a bad omen?

Only to our Enemies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has massive pressure taking on this squad, MASSIVE. I just hope the fans are supportive and he doesn't crack.
    Laugh , smile or cry

Jugadorazo till I die

- catalinutzR80 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    He has massive pressure taking on this squad, MASSIVE. I just hope the fans are supportive and he doesn't crack.
    Yep. All fans expect a response from the team after this disappointing season. He will have to deliver right from the start. All it takes is a bad start and you could already be making La Liga quite hard to win. I hope he knows what awaits him if he comes.