Ernesto Valverde - V1

M

MessiCam

So we added Paulinho and midfield should have improved? He can't control midfield the way Iniesta does, he just does fancy runs and in the box where is trying to score goals and the same is with Roberto.

Rafinha had some good games, including the comeback against PSG, at least he could pass.
Yes, Paulinho is an addition to midfield. He offers you something different and now with a recognised right back Roberto should be playing in midfield. In the Betis game where he started he did very well. He was always looking to take the game forward and didn’t just play safe passes.

Further, Iniesta was never and never will be a midfielder of the controlling kind. It’s his job to run at and split defences. With the current squad the control you’re looking for is going to have to come from Busquets but even he is forced to play in a system he is at sea with. He is so isolated in the 4-4-2 system it’s scary. Gomes was wide left, Rakitic wide right with only Paulinho offering him any kind of assistance in the centre of the pitch. You could maybe understand if the wide players gave you something up front but they offered nothing other than in defence.

On form, the midfield should be Roberto/Iniesa, Busquets & Paulinho in our classic 4-3-3 system. Suárez shouldn’t be started at all too and the front three should be Denis, Messi & Deulofeu and of it is a must that Suárez play which seems to be the case then then Messi should be played as a RW with Roberto as RCM to cover for him when he drifts centrally.

Ask yourself what happens when Dembélé returns... At the current rate he will be played as a RM doing defensive duties. That’s an awful waste of 150 Million.

M

MessiCam

Ok, so tell me who do you think would do better job than Valverde with this amazing squad?

Any attack minded coach. This is just Lucho 2 (only more defence orientated) with Gomes, Rakitic as wide players and Roberto at right back. Nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Any attack minded coach. This is just Lucho 2 (only more defence orientated) with Gomes, Rakitic as wide players and Roberto at right back. Nothing has changed.

I personally like Lopategui, I think he would do great here, but if the manager like him came here, I bet that the first thing he would do is completely revamp current midfield.

Barcilliant

Yes, Paulinho is an addition to midfield. He offers you something different and now with a recognised right back Roberto should be playing in midfield. In the Betis game where he started he did very well. He was always looking to take the game forward and didn’t just play safe passes.

Further, Iniesta was never and never will be a midfielder of the controlling kind. It’s his job to run at and split defences. With the current squad the control you’re looking for is going to have to come from Busquets but even he is forced to play in a system he is at sea with. He is so isolated in the 4-4-2 system it’s scary. Gomes was wide left, Rakitic wide right with only Paulinho offering him any kind of assistance in the centre of the pitch. You could maybe understand if the wide players gave you something up front but they offered nothing other than in defence.

On form, the midfield should be Roberto/Iniesa, Busquets & Paulinho in our classic 4-3-3 system. Suárez shouldn’t be started at all too and the front three should be Denis, Messi & Deulofeu and of it is a must that Suárez play which seems to be the case then then Messi should be played as a RW with Roberto as RCM to cover for him when he drifts centrally.

Ask yourself what happens when Dembélé returns... At the current rate he will be played as a RM doing defensive duties. That’s an awful waste of 150 Million.

Well said. WTF is Roberto doing at RB and Semedo on the bench? We spent most of last season screaming out for a RB but when we get one(and he's good too) EV decides he will put Roberto back at RB?

Retarded.

aaron101

The only reason why this idiot is still here is because of the results. Wait until we loses with a big margin and when our luck runs out, Camp Nou will whistle him.

The same clowns saying that we're playing well now and all that matters is results will go into hiding once we get smacked against Madrid or in the knockout stages of the CL. Our results are unsustainable and the writing is on the wall for a major 2nd half implosion. Judging Valverde based on his results are pointless while the season is still very young and luck still plays a deciding factor in a lot of our matches. Luck usually evens out through the course of the season. A busted Iniesta and shit Suarez with a month or two month period where Messi goes off form or get injured combined with some luck going against us (bound to happen soon rather than later with how many break we've been getting o far) will be all it it takes to sink this season. It will probably happen around February-March and the deluded optimists will come out with more excuses.

At least under Lucho we played some entertaining football for a year and a bit, Valverde is setting up the team to keep his job rather than set a vision or create a plan for sustained success. I missed the Athletic match and I didn't care one bit, this didn't used to be the case. I watch the match to be entertained, the players play to win. Wasting time sitting like a chump watching us grind out matches 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 is not in my interests. The games these days are just pointless passing with zero penetration while waiting for Messi to do something and score a couple of goals.

I find quite bemusing that we're almost as boring to watch, if not worse than United currently.

CRUYFF-ORANGE_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9UBoSe11MJPy0xbuNzaYpphw_iIPZqUNP2EjAIFcGyw.jpg

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Italian teams were incredibly compact and clinical.

We've conceded only three goals in the league, but if you look at every game we've played, we concede several decent to great chances every game.

No comparison between this Barcelona and Italian teams of the past.

The CL is not won in October and no title is, but playing like this will only get back to haunt this team against the best European teams. I think we saw that pretty well last season. Difference between last season and now is that we have some luck going our way with some players like Umtiti and ter Stegen having got even better.

Good enough for La Liga like it was in 2012 and almost in 2013, but good enough in the CL? Nope.

Compared to last season, we have taken big step in being compact and clinical. Second half of last nights game was poor for sure, but overall, looking at this season, we have played very pragmatically, saved energy and what more, majority of chances that opposition has had has come from poor individual performances by some players, rather then being ineffective as team, which was problem last season. What makes us even more comparable to Italian teams is the fact that we are perfectly happy with 1-0, 2-0 scores and take foot of gaspedal after.
Also Valverde obviously likes, similar to Pep, a system with clear starting 11. This also means that rotations are not that often and that players need to take it easy and not push when it is not needed.
We played worse than we play now last time we won treble.
And there are big changes in how we play vs last season, it really is hard to take anyone seriously, who does not notice that.

LeeRomeno

The same clowns saying that we're playing well now and all that matters is results will go into hiding once we get smacked against Madrid or in the knockout stages of the CL. Our results are unsustainable and the writing is on the wall for a major 2nd half implosion. Judging Valverde based on his results are pointless while the season is still very young and luck still plays a deciding factor in a lot of our matches. Luck usually evens out through the course of the season. A busted Iniesta and shit Suarez with a month or two month period where Messi goes off form or get injured combined with some luck going against us (bound to happen soon rather than later with how many break we've been getting o far) will be all it it takes to sink this season. It will probably happen around February-March and the deluded optimists will come out with more excuses.

At least under Lucho we played some entertaining football for a year and a bit, Valverde is setting up the team to keep his job rather than set a vision or create a plan for sustained success. I missed the Athletic match and I didn't care one bit, this didn't used to be the case. I watch the match to be entertained, the players play to win. Wasting time sitting like a chump watching us grind out matches 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 is not in my interests. The games these days are just pointless passing with zero penetration while waiting for Messi to do something and score a couple of goals.

I find quite bemusing that we're almost as boring to watch, if not worse than United currently.

CRUYFF-ORANGE_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9UBoSe11MJPy0xbuNzaYpphw_iIPZqUNP2EjAIFcGyw.jpg

We are as boring as we were under Pep in the end, didnt recall anyone whining then lol. You obviously are supporting wrong team. There are plenty of gung-ho, full on attack teams, maybe Liverpool is more to your taste?

We are as boring as we were under Pep in the end, didnt recall anyone whining then lol. You obviously are supporting wrong team. There are plenty of gung-ho, full on attack teams, maybe Liverpool is more to your taste?

Get the fuck out of here you pretentious, self-righteous ignoramus telling me to support another club. If you don't like what I'm saying you can either criticize me fairly or fuck right off. You're no more a Barca fan than me or anyone else on this forum. Since when is criticizing the team you support a sign that you're supporting the wrong club? Not everyone can gobble up the mediocrity put on show on a nightly-basis and accept whatever decisions the board and coach makes. Seems to me like you'll go through any sorts of mental gymnastics to justify what you see in front of you and spin it into a positive. Again, in your eyes playing this brand of football is okay because we might have been even worse at some time in the past? Don't reply to me anymore you strawman abusing simpleton, I have no interest talking to people who can't maintain a civilized conversation.

LeeRomeno

Get the fuck out of here you pretentious, self-righteous ignoramus telling me to support another club. If you don't like what I'm saying you can either criticize me fairly or fuck right off. You're no more a Barca fan than me or anyone else on this forum. Since when is criticizing the team you support a sign that you're supporting the wrong club? Not everyone can gobble up the mediocrity put on show on a nightly-basis and accept whatever decisions the board and coach makes. Seems to me like you'll go through any sorts of mental gymnastics to justify what you see in front of you and spin it into a positive. Again, in your eyes playing this brand of football is okay because we might have been even worse at some time in the past? Don't reply to me anymore you strawman abusing simpleton, I have no interest talking to people who can't maintain a civilized conversation.

Oh really:
I missed the Athletic match and I didn't care one bit
True fan here ladies any gentleman

I watch the match to be entertained, the players play to win. Wasting time sitting like a chump watching us grind out matches 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 is not in my interests.
Hence my suggestion. I can guarantee you that out of the 500 million Barcelona supporters out in the world, 95% would choose any time team winning trophies ahead of pretty football, but no end result. I mean majority of the fans are here because squad has been so successful and of course Messi.

Wasting time sitting like a chump watching us grind out matches 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 is not in my interests.
Once again, my suggestion is to watch some other teams then.

LeeRomeno

Hahahahaha

Nothing funny about that. The style of sidepassing, trying to make opposition lose focus by literally doing nothing, having 75%+ possession and having total 5 attempts at scoring a goal entire game and instead trying to walk into goal with ball was very boring. Even for me, not to mention the neutral fans.

BarçaBarça

The only reason why this idiot is still here is because of the results. Wait until we loses with a big margin and when our luck runs out, Camp Nou will whistle him.

Yeah, we should fire him on the back of a transferwindow with the biggest fuckups in near-history, and a record-start to the league?
Do you want us to become RM, who fires Rafa without giving him any chance at all. Valverde has even got a bigger squad than he wants because our sporting department could get rid of Paco and Arda. Of course he should be given a transferwindow or two to modulate the squad and get his methods through to the players.

In addition: There is such little respect for other La Liga sides. It is expected for us to win 3-0 easily and play pretty and fluid, and not conceding any chances. There are some great opposition out there, and it will never be possible to win deserved and convincing every game, it is just unrealistic to expect.

And take a glance over the squad: Maybe Valverde wants some changes too, he just didn't get them, let us hope we manage to do something in January. Not that I agree with everything he does - it is clearly non-understandable to bench Semedo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans