Ernesto Valverde - V1

FC433

What a poor half.

The gap/distance between our players is huge. Long passes + passing backwards until our opponent makes a mistake to take an advantage of is not how we play.

Short passes + off the ball movements + cage our opponent is how we usually create chances. We cannot rely on our opponents to make mistakes we need to force them to.

What worries me is that I am not seeing signs for improvements. Soon to judge, but never ignore.

Sorin

He can suck a dick.

Absolutely shit first 11 over and over again.

The same under performers are still stinking up the place but they keep their spots while players like Denis and Semedo, who have been good when given a chance, have been reduced to bench warmers.

Fuck off Valverde

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I feel bad for the naive optimists that think this team has ANY chance in the CL. Good results masking abysmal football, EV making braindead decisions, etc. FC Barcelona is in a bubble right now, so to speak. As soon as we hit the 2nd half of the season and important fixtures, everything will crash.

Valverde is proving to be an incompetent manager, even accounting for all the handicaps of this squad. Roberto at RB, Rakitic in midfield, no games for Denis but Deulofeu gets to play every game. Andre Gomes is our miracle-working supersub. EV's tactical systems also make practically everyone worse and his experimentation has just led to worse and worse lineups. He's basically been perpetually regressing this entire time.

Hardy

likely this season will be already over before this joke of manager will understand that Sergi Robero should play in midfield and Paulinho instead of Rakitic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For the time being...

THIS should be our Starting XI. At least until the players left out have recouped their old, good form.

ter Stegen

Semedo - Masche - Umtiti - Alba

Roberto - Busquets - Iniesta

Denis/Deulofeu - Messi - Paulinho

Mesmar

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and Im not sure about the former.Albert Einstein
thats the only thing I could say about this idiot.

Mitchell1978

For the time being...

THIS should be our Starting XI. At least until the players left out have recouped their old, good form.

ter Stegen

Semedo - Masche - Umtiti - Alba

Roberto - Busquets - Iniesta

Denis/Deulofeu - Messi - Paulinho

Disagree with Paulinho up front, put Denis on the left, Sergi on the right and Paulinho in midfield.

Doubt it will happen, Valverde is such a conservative coach, always seems to play it safe.

DonAK

Disagree with Paulinho up front, put Denis on the left, Sergi on the right and Paulinho in midfield.

Doubt it will happen, Valverde is such a conservative coach, always seems to play it safe.

Yeah, that's an option too.

We'll probably be stuck with Suarez and Rakitic in the lineup for most of the season with Roberto and Semedo sharing 60/40 of the RB minutes.

Neymessi

Where are his defenders who thought he was doing a great job?

If someone can choose such terrible lineups then no way he knows anything tactically to improve us. We are playing a bit better because of other factors and not the coach.

Would love to be proved wrong but just some time after his arrival he was a lucho 2.0 for me. He isn't doing anything to change that.

DonAK

So far I'm getting Tata vibes. Teams are not scoring much, but they're still slowly coming to chances against us, just like with Tata. In half of our games so far, the other team have had more shots on target than us.

We're getting good results in the beginning just like with Tata.

We're arguably more dependent on Messi since Tata.

We're playing uninspiring, sterile football apart from individual brilliance just like with Tata.

I hope it doesn't end the way it did with him.

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't blame him. He is coaching the worst Barca squad in 2 decades. We went through some rough times but the quality was always there. We went from Xavi, Deco, Iniesta caliber midfielders to Gomes, Rakitic, Sergi Roberto and Paulinho and from Ronaldinho, younger Messi, Henry and Neymar type of wingers to Deulofeu. What do you expect?

DonAK

I don't expect too much, however one thing I expect of him is to show some authority and bench players who are underperforming.

Home of Barca Fans