Ernesto Valverde - V1

Leo_Messi

Tbh, I cant blame fans turning away from supporting Barcelona, stop going to games or even watching them. No point screaming holier than thou when the people behind the club themselves think they could deceive their fans and I don't feel like arguing who's ultimately right or wrong by the need to be the most positive, loyal, obedient fan.

I would want Valverde to win trophies if the board could see he isn't the long term solution, but as of now, in reality they are as dumb as it could get. Tbh, I not only want EV gone, I want the board gone as well. I honestly do not like the way they are not helping the players, especially when we have the best player in our hands Any short term success will bolster them in this big facade. Hence, only a big setback will allow for massive change, and more people will raise their doubts and awareness be brought into this.

Save this idiotic song for someone else. It has nothing to do with being the better fan or more loyal. it is about common sense. As a supposed fan you should always support the team and want them to win as much as possible. In particular in our situation (currently at least) where we have the option of winning all of the 3 main tournaments that we are fighting for. Anyway that aside there are better fans out there and worser fans out there. No doubt about it. Not only among our fanbase but every other club. Should not be a crime to call this fact out.

I have long ago accepted that the board is what they are. Probably been their greatest critic here long before you signed up. When we had just won the triplete during the 2014-15 season for the second time (unprecedented) and the second time in 7 seasons, I was cursing the board left and right as I could see where this was going. You can look up my posts from back then. After the Arda and Vidal purchases (done under an interim board moreover), my suspicion was further strengthened.

I don't want Valverde either ideally. Always been clear about this but there is little you can do with this board in place and when all the seniors are singing praises of him for obvious reasons. Much of the criticism should be labelled at the seniors as well although the board ultimately have the responsibility for not only the manager but the squad as well.

However there is a long way from that to hoping that we win nothing (to prove a stupid point) and our main rivals (RM) winning everything instead.

I see it this way. Valverde was bound to finish this season no matter what. If the Roma embarrassment (that cannot do it and I predicted it) did not have any consequences for him nothing that would happen this season would. We top the league with 6+ points and are big favorites to win it. We are a draw or a win away from securing another CdR final appearance and we should win against Lyon in the CL and advance to the quarterfinals. So obviously, unless a total meltdown, he won't get fired anytime soon.

Now let us move forward to this upcoming summer. Practically every top class manager is not available. Very few qualified options out there who tick most of the boxes in particular being familiar with La Liga, Spain, who speak Spanish etc. If the alternatives are naive managers like Setién who have won nothing, I rather keep Valverde. At least I know what to expect.

By 2020 (provided that Valverde and the team does not suffer a meltdown this season, cannot be ruled out) the managerial situation should look differently and at least a few more of our seniors will part ways with us and we with them. Thinking about Suárez and most likely Busquets and Piqué as well or at least 1 of them.

Or if Valverde will be successful, he can continue until 2021 when elections will be held and a new board (likely) will be elected and a post-Messi era can begin with some world class manager or a talented young one, say Xavi or whoever it will be, at the helm.

Anyway it is notoriously difficult to predict the future at a club like ours. A lot of things can occur. Only takes a meltdown in the CL to change things drastically. In any case I find it difficult to believe that Valverde will survive post the 2019-20 season.

Just saw this post of your in the thread about Valverde's renewal. That explains it. You should just have told me this and saved my time.

Anyway, I stopped watching Barca games for a long time. Hence the inactiveness. I usually just check scores, see some individual highlights and that's about it. We'll see how long they can keep this up.

Dear Lord.....:facepalm:
[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

So his contract is extended by how long/how many more years?

How much do we need to pay if we sack him?

2020 with an option to 2021 (ironically when this board's current reign ends).

Most likely not a big figure. I think that both will part ways on amigable terms.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
So his contract is extended by how long/how many more years?

How much do we need to pay if we sack him?

Till 2020 with a potential +1.

No word on release clause, this stuff is rarely published unless it's some stupid Mourinho/Conte number reaching 10-20 million in compensation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thanks, but we rarely sacked managers, regardless of how poor a job he did.

I needed to take some medicine for this piece of news.

Sorin

Making the same mistake United did when they renewed Mourinho last year. The difference is that Valverde has a world class team with great individualities that can solve matches on their own.

clemente

You do realize that I am talking about the current season right? In any case he won't stay here for longer than 1 more season, meaning until the summer of 2020. I rather have (1 billion times more) the team winning everything that it can win (we are in a position to win all 3 trophies this season once again at this point in the season) until the summer of 2019, than us failing spectacularly AND having our main rivals (RM) win a triplete. This should be common logic even for the mentally retarded.

Why would we be talking anything else but the current season? Yes he signed the contract and he will stay for another season, thats what the contract says :lol: . If he gets the sack, it would be before the summer of 2020, I don't get what you're mumbling here. I rather have a manager that is playing a beautiful football, where players seem visibly happy and that would make Arthur-FDJ-Coutinho/Alena work next season over another Busi-Rakitic with all that negativity and the most boring football this club has every played, even if we win everything. And there is no need to throw insults, its okay to have different opinions.

khaled_a_d

I don't get what you're mumbling here. I rather have a manager that is playing a beautiful football, where players seem visibly happy and that would make Arthur-FDJ-Coutinho/Alena work next season over another Busi-Rakitic with all that negativity and the most boring football this club has every played

How do you know the next manager will be playing beautiful football? or he will be better than EV? or he will do what you want?

Leo_Messi

Why would we be talking anything else but the current season? Yes he signed the contract and he will stay for another season, thats what the contract says :lol: . If he gets the sack, it would be before the summer of 2020, I don't get what you're mumbling here. I rather have a manager that is playing a beautiful football, where players seem visibly happy and that would make Arthur-FDJ-Coutinho/Alena work next season over another Busi-Rakitic with all that negativity and the most boring football this club has every played, even if we win everyng. And there is no need to throw insults, its okay to have different opinions.

:lol:

You do realize that it would not be the first nor last time that a club parts way with a manager before the latter's contract is up, right?

Yes, what I wrote was very complicated to understand.

I would also rather win the triplete each single season and have an ever revolutionary manager at the helm and an ever perfect board leading the club. However that is not the reality.

Why are you writing something that I have been writing here myself long before this renewal? I already wrote, as always, that Valverde is not my favorite cup of tea or coffee or drink. However there is a HUGE difference from that and wanting us to fail deliberately while our main rivals wins a triplete. You do get that, right?

No insults but even if there was a sharp speech here or there, it was deserved after such an initial retarded comment. Sorry, nothing personal.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

[MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION]

Remember our discussion about the future of Valverde and his relationship to the seniors of the team and how that all is connected with the current board a while ago? Seems like my theory was spot on.

https://www.sport.es/es/videos/barc...el-vestuario-renueva-a-valverde/4560729.shtml

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/plantilla-clave-renovacion-ernesto-valverde-7305482

That is something that annoys me more than eventually seeing Valverde stay for another season. It points to greater underlying problems and us getting further and further away from the Cruyff model and how this relationship was handled during the Pep era or even the Lucho era, at least the two first seasons.

Always the same thing that tends to destroy/harm successful and stacked squads. It began in early 2016 as well during Lucho's tenure (in fact it already began in January of 2015 before the team bounced back and showed that they were in the wrong) with Rakitic and Alba publicly crying, Neymar doing his things etc.

That is why I want at least half of the seniors gone within 1 season. Not only due to them not being what they once were, in fact their level will only drop, their status in the team (they have zero interests in a player like Malcom succeeding or before that Dembélé until his evident brilliance made it impossible for him not to succeed) and their high wage bills.

Also impossible to kickstart another era with too many of the seniors around and the same core around. Declining a renewal to Rakitic and shipping him off this summer should be the first step in the right direction. Shipping off Piqué in 2020 another.

The problem is that this board has proven not to be ruthless enough. If Laporta would be around at least 3 more years (post 2010) he would have allowed Pep to do his thing and what he wanted to do post 2011. Cleaning the squad of some of the seniors. Either that or another manager would have been allowed to do that. With beta Bartomeu at the helm, no way!

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pique is the number one guy I’d get rid of. His attitude is horrible and he turned it to be the exact opposite of the capitan people thought he would be.

Leo_Messi

Pique is the number one guy I’d get rid of. His attitude is horrible and he turned it to be the exact opposite of the capitan people thought he would be.

Rather than singling out any particular player I prefer just to talk about the seniors as a group because none of them operate on their own but together. They alone, Messi excluded, do not have much power on their own.

You can similarly say that Messi's relationship with Suárez is problematic nowadays due to the latter not being what he once was. Being best buddies with Messi obviously raises your profile and influence in the dressing room and at the club. Hence why Suárez is undroppable no matter how bad he performs while the likes of Malcom are rotting on the bench after a great performance (MoM arguably) while they could have gained additional confidence and some match rhythm.

Or who cannot forget Busquets' public criticism of Lucho's tactics against Juve back in 2017? Even after the first game away against QSG that same season. Or Iniesta's comments at half-time against Roma? All symptoms of an underlining problem and something that we would never have witnessed under Pep. He would have made sure of that. Having a spineless board is not helping here but the greatest problem actually.

Last edited:

clemente

:lol:

You do realize that it would not be the first nor last time that a club parts way with a manager before the latter's contract is up, right?

Yes, what I wrote was very complicated to understand.

I would also rather win the triplete each single season and have an ever revolutionary manager at the helm and an ever perfect board leading the club. However that is not the reality.

Why are you writing something that I have been writing here myself long before this renewal? I already wrote, as always, that Valverde is not my favorite cup of tea or coffee or drink. However there is a HUGE difference from that and wanting us to fail deliberately while our main rivals wins a triplete. You do get that, right?

No insults but even if there was a sharp speech here or there, it was deserved after such an initial retarded comment. Sorry, nothing personal.

Not winning anything doesn't mean "fail deliberately", especially when for the excahnge we get an action against the incompetence.

Nothing personal? It seems like this is very personal to you, you should keep the insults to yourself, I didn't mean to make you so emotional.

How do you know the next manager will be playing beautiful football? or he will be better than EV? or he will do what you want?

So its better to not do anything and keep playing shit? What is this logic? aim low and hit? Thats the type of mentallity you want at this club?

Leo_Messi

Not winning anything doesn't mean "fail deliberately", especially when for the excahnge we get an action against the incompetence.

Nothing personal? It seems like this is very personal to you, you should keep the insults to yourself, I didn't mean to make you so emotional.

Dude, really not up for another pointless discussion here, already dealt with the resident clown (Jair Ventura) but how to otherwise interpret your initial post?

WHAT? Fuck this shit, hope we win nothing this season and Mardid wins a treble, and if he doesn't get a sack for that I'll just stick to highlights next season.

What action? Valverde would have remained our manager THIS season regardless of what. If the Roma embarrassment could not rid us of him, you think that a very likely league title (another one), a not unrealistic (at all) CdR final appearance and most likely a quarterfinal or semifinal appearance in the CL (at least), will make him disappear?

LOL. No personal insults and me calling your initial retarded post (saying it like it is) means really nothing to me. Just had a hard time ignoring it while the discussion about this news was already going on. You must be crazy to think that.

Anyway no point in dragging this on. I will never understand your "logic" as a supposed fan.

Home of Barca Fans