Ernesto Valverde - V1

BarçaBarça

We need to define challenge for CL. I'm gonna assume we beat Lyon over two legs with the return leg on Camp Nou.

We get rid of 2 of Juve, Atletico, Bayern, Liverpool, which is important. I think we should make the semifinal at a bare minimum. I could maybe understand knocking out a big team and getting eliminated by another if we have bad luck in the QF and SF draws.

For me, to trust Valverde for next season too, we'd have to outplay and eliminate a top CL rival. Be it in the quarters or SF if we have a lucky draw in the QF. If we manage to knock out one of Liverpool/Bayern, City, Juventus/AM, PSG or Madrid I'd consider this as a big improvement for Valverde.

Valverde must prove he is capable to lead the team to big European wins.

Very fair expectations, imo :thumbsup:
I'll let him have "free hands" as well and start Vidal if that brings us closer to CL-glory, but I fear many fans wouldn't forgive e.g. benching Arthur in a game.

serghei

The old guard love Valverde. Of course they do. They play all the time and aren't held accountable for embarrassing performances. He's a dream manager for veterans.

Trickykid

The old guard love Valverde. Of course they do. They play all the time and aren't held accountable for embarrassing performances. He's a dream manager for veterans.

Stop being so transparent in your hate of EV, serghei. While this could easily be part of the truth, there’s obviously much more to it. Knowing how competetive these guys are, there’s no way they’d put up with EV if they like you don’t believe he’s a capable manager who can lead them to important titles.

We obviously have no idea if rumors like these are even true, but if they are, I think it means the players believe in project EV.

serghei

Stop being so transparent in your hate of EV, serghei. While this could easily be part of the truth, there’s obviously much more to it. Knowing how competetive these guys are, there’s no way they’d put up with EV if they like you don’t believe he’s a capable manager who can lead them to important titles.

We obviously have no idea if rumors like these are even true, but if they are, I think it means the players believe in project EV.

Good part is that soon we'll get to find out answers to most of our questions. About 3 more months and we'll see how much the players believe in the EV project.

Trickykid

Good part is that soon we'll get to find out answers to most of our questions. About 3 more months and we'll see how much the players believe in the EV project.

Oh, no doubt.

I don't despise EV and try to turn everything into being his fault like many of you guys seem to love to do, but that said, I'm far from satisfied with him either. If a capable replacement turns up, I won't mind him leaving at the end of the season one bit.

serghei

Oh, no doubt.

I don't despise EV and try to turn everything into being his fault like many of you guys seem to love to do, but that said, I'm far from satisfied with him either. If a capable replacement turns up, I won't mind him leaving at the end of the season one bit.

Much of the criticism is warranted, even if many comments are mean-spirited and exaggerated.

Home of Barca Fans