Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
All fine, but Suarez on that left is a waste. You could as well put brick on the pitch and would end up with same effect.

I'd wait. He's been playing wide before in his career and Villa and Henry made it in that role before him.
Messi returning wide is not an option anyway.

JamDav1982

All fine, but Suarez on that left is a waste. You could as well put brick on the pitch and would end up with same effect.

It is the best set up for now and Messi is thriving in it.

He is not playing as a LW though and Barca have scored 8 in two games like this.

More just needs to calm the fuck down when passing it.

His pass back up the line that he booted out of play was pick of the bunch tonight.

Raketa10

For me this is a fantastic improvement after Lucho's disastrous football but this is still far from perfect. I don't like this formation with Suarez on the left. Messi is more comfortable in the middle since he has much bigger possession now and that's great but Suarez is clearly being sacrificed.

Valverde needs to change something in the front line or we won't get anything from Suarez this season and we absolutely need him.

Last edited:
If he wants to stick to the false 9, he might want to experiment with Deulofeu-Messi-Dembele. In an easy home game first, of course, experimenting in tough away games isn't a good idea (looking at you Lucho). Deulo's in decent form atm and he fits the profile of the kind of winger you need in a false 9 setup.

Raketa10

If he wants to stick to the false 9, he might want to experiment with Deulofeu-Messi-Dembele. In an easy home game first, of course, experimenting in tough away games isn't a good idea (looking at you Lucho). Deulo's in decent form atm and he fits the profile of the kind of winger you need in a false 9 setup.

He might try but benching Suarez is NOT an option. No f... way! We need to find a proper place for this goal machine that's all! He should maybe try 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1 but let's leave this to Valverde. He needs to find a balance in the attack. Now everything depends entirely on Messi.

Also guys you can't compare Henry with Suarez FFS! Henry was much faster player with much better ball control and passing. Suarez is a pure CF!

Last edited:
It is the best set up for now and Messi is thriving in it.

He is not playing as a LW though and Barca have scored 8 in two games like this.

More just needs to calm the fuck down when passing it.

His pass back up the line that he booted out of play was pick of the bunch tonight.

Let's look at incredible 8 goals we've scored.

1 was offside.

1 was due to pure luck.

1 was due to actual good passing and link up play.

1 was off a corner.

1 was in the 90th minute after the opposing team had abandoned their shape and the game was dead.

3 were due to brilliance from Messi.

Yes we have scored 8 goals but this style of play is not sustainable at all, I'm sure once we collapse in the middle of the season after our luck dries up just like in 15/16 you'll be the first one to make excuses.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Still early in the season. Cannot expect everything to work perfectly with a new coach from get go.

For me this is a fantastic improvement after Lucho's disastrous football but this is still far from perfect. I don't like this formation with Suarez on the left. Messi is more comfortable in the middle since he has much bigger possession now and that's great but Suarez is clearly being sacrificed.

Valverde needs to change something in the front line or we won't get anything from Suarez this season and we absolutely need him.

Suarez is done, now people are going to justify his shit performances with the excuse that he is "playing out of position". He's been pure dog shit at ST too for a year now, he is done.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We are incredibly lucky not to concede as well.

Plenty of work for Valverde but things are looking better than we expected. If Valverde irons it out and Dembele explodes we could have a great season.

JamDav1982

Suarez is done, now people are going to justify his shit performances with the excuse that he is "playing out of position". He's been pure dog shit at ST too for a year now, he is done.

He isnt done and hasnt been pure dog shit for a year.

Even when he plays poorly he can still impact the game with a moment.

Raketa10

I love fans like you. How old are you? 12?

A guy who scored 37 goals last year was a dog shit? What a stupid thing to say.

Total-Football

you can say what you want about 4 wins but they are better than 4 defeats (robb stark words). We are building some confidence here.This is a positive thing for now. Other than that, we obviously lack the mechanisms in midfield that is obvious.

I love fans like you. How old are you? 12?

A guy who scored 37 goals last year was a dog shit? What a stupid thing to say.

If you watched the matches last season you could tell how bad he was, he was appalling the entire season; clumsy touch, bottling the easiest of chances, horrible passing, mediocre speed. 37 goals sounds great and all on the stats sheet where he padded his stats against lower table teams and in matches that had already been decided, but he was rarely decisive. You could've put Jamie Vardy between Neymar and Messi last year and he too would score 40.

His assist stats are the most misleading, he tallied more assists than Messi so he must be the better passer right?

Or maybe most of his assists were 5 metre lay-offs to Messi who was scoring from everywhere.

I don't know why this guy gets to stink the joint up and gets a free pass, while Neymar was crucified for significantly less.

He WAS a great player, but it is time to move on.

xXKonan

There's still things to be worked on but wins like this and the start of the season we had this gives Valverde and the team more confidence and motivation to get better.

Home of Barca Fans